TKR Pain 2 years after TKR

Glad to hear there's no DVT. Do Baker's cysts hurt? Sorry you're still in pain.
 
Phew I bet you’re relieved.Hope the pain eases a little today.
 
There are no blood clots so that's a relief. No answers to why I'm so much pain though. All they can think of is its muscular.
Praise God it's not a blood clot! That's a huge worry off, I'm sure! Now, I guess you're just going to have to do as little as possible to calm down that awful pain. My prayers are with you.
 
Are you still going to the caravan @Mollymax? That would need quite a lot of planning and packing etc. Try not to overdo things!
 
but if not why the horrific pain
Well you know what it is, Molly - it's piriformis!
When I looked up what that ward was it said Care of the Elderly. Not happy.... Lol. I am not elderly
Actually it may just be that there was a room available on that ward, that's all. I know many who have had such interviews with a doctor on the Care of the Elderly Ward. As I understand it, it's usually because those wards tend to be pretty quiet at the weekend or bank holidays so use can be made of their clinical rooms.
 
Yes at least the worry of clot has gone. Icing back of knee and hip as well as knee. Will do anything to get rid of the pain. I will take the extra morphine doctor has given me a I can't cope with this pain but I really don't want to be on it too long.
Spex10 we aren't going down to caravan as its a 2hr drive and I can't sit for that long.
Josephine I think you are right they were just using a room on that ward for consultations.
 
I managed to sleep last night. Took the morphine and Amytriptelene about 11pm. Must have fallen asleep about 1am and woke at 4am with pain so took morphine and 2 paracetamol and I actually fell back asleep till 8.30am. Bliss. No tears during the night. Calf very tender and throbbing this morning though.

I still have no feeling when I touch the outside of my knee but I know other knee was like this and is still a little numb in places but hey I can live with this.

Measured ROM last night and was quite pleased with 82. As I don't do any of the exercises this is happening all on its own. My ROM on this leg is better than it was on other knee at this stage so I will take that.
 
So pleased you managed to sleep. It’s great to be able to go back to sleep having woken up. Hope your day is a bit more relaxed too.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Pain 2 years after TKR
2.5 weeks on and I still have a podgy black and blue foot. Not quite as black as it was. It just looks like it's dirty now :heehee:
 
You sound better than this time last week. I found it better to check progress from week to week rather than day to day. Good ROM by the way!
 
It was much needed. My sister sent me up some massage therapy balls. Still trying to figure out how to use them.. Lol. About to try go out for a short walk. As I can't sit for long walking takes the pain away from the bum a little. Had to open the laces up on my trainer for my podgy foot. Didn't realise just how podgy it was until I tried to put them on.
 
Well that was a nice little walk down at the Loch watching the ducks. Glad our dogs don't like water or they would have been in after them... Lol. It was so good not to be sitting on the sore bum. Getting there and back in the car wasn't so good though seeing as the bum doesn't like sitting. Now to elevate and ice.
 
It is so helpful to me these days to get out even for just a tiny bit. It really makes a difference. Glad you got outside and at least got a little relief.
 
I was beginning to go stir crazy in the house. What with not getting out and the pain I have suffered I just wanted out for a little while today and it's nice down at the Loch. Surprised how well the knee felt while walking. Still using crutches though which helped.
 
If only you didn't have the hip pain you could appreciate the difference in your knee. Glad you got out for a walk. It's so nice to have a change of scene.
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom