TKR Pain 2 years after TKR

But at least you have some answers and think how much worse you'd be if you hadn't had your knee replacements.
Maybe there's something here about getting used to growing older with all that that can bring? You're not a machine. Time will help as you get used to this new information and it's implications.
 
Hi all. Just stopping by. Knees are doing OK. Neither will bend past about 98%. Guess that is a good as they are going to get. Hip pain is pretty bad at times especially groin pain. Still waiting for physio appointment for it. I am a bit upset that knees as doing well and then I go get hip problems. I so wanted to get my life back after knee replacement and now hip pain getting me down. Oh well nothing I can do about it. Off on holiday in 2 weeks so I am looking forward to a bit of sun.
 
I had an improvement in ROM after my one year anniversary AND after my 2 year anniversary. Closer to the 2 year mark I could just feel my whole leg relax more. Don’t give up.

I did read on another thread that you are pain free. That’s great! :happydance:

Hope your hip settles down. Mine are iffy at times.
 
Hi Jockette. Yes knees as more or less pain free. So much better than before the were replaced. Maybe they will eventually bend more. Doctor thinks hip will only get worse but says not looking at replacement yet which is just a well as I am not up for that. Sods law that you get knees OK and another part of you gives up.. Lol.
 
Good to hear from you. :wave: Jockette is right that you may well get past 98. Just keep doing stuff that requires you to bend your knees--that seemed to work for me.
 
Hi @Mollymax, I'm about the same as you but am finding that my first knee is relaxing a bit more and after yoga or aquafit it really bends much more. My most recent knee not quite so much but I'm pretty optimistic. Both are about 110° without trying. Can't complain.
However, I do have pain in one hip. It seems to come and go. Just when I think, 'Oh no', it's fine again until I forget about it and it suddenly comes back. Not sure if it's related to my gait or whatever I've got on my feet or even the terrain I'm walking on or for how long.

Anyway, think back to the state you were in this time last year! Now there's no knee pain. :yes!:
 
Hi. I haven't been on for a long time but I'm having problems with my right knee. I had left knee replaced June 2018 and right done December 2018. My bend has never been good in either knee only getting to 100 but it's never held me back. Walking has been great and the knees don't hurt at all on long walks. The hip does but that's another story. However my right knee is agony to move when sitting down in the chair or in the car. If my Ieg is stretched out and I go to bend it to move its really painful. I have seen me having to hold the back of my knee to ease the pain just to move it. It's worse in the car and if I'm driving for a long time up the motorway the pain gets quite bad which isn't good considering that's the accelerator leg. It is painful in bed at night as at times I can't stretch it straight out. Once up and walking I'm fine. It's not the getting up that's the problem but the arthritis in my hip is causing problems too.
Has anyone else suffered pain like this 2 years after replacement. I've moved home away from my original health board and I don't really want to see another consultant.
 
You'll notice that I have merged your two threads together as we prefer that members in recovery only have one thread.

This is for three reasons:
1. if you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts others have left you in the old threads
2. it often ends up that information is unnecessarily repeated
3. it's best if we can keep all your recovery story in one place so it's easily accessed if we need to advise you.

Please keep all your questions and updates on this thread. Bookmark it if you can, so you don't lose it.
Don't worry that we won't see your questions as, between us, the staff read all new posts every day.

If you prefer a different thread title, just post what you want and we'll get it changed for you.
If you need an urgent response to a question, just tag a member of staff.
Tagging other members and answering tags

Here are the instructions on finding your thread, How can I find my threads and posts? Many members bookmark their thread, so they can find it when they log on.
 
Hi. Can I change the title please to Pain 2 years after TKR. Thanks.
 
if I'm driving for a long time up the motorway the pain gets quite bad which isn't good considering that's the accelerator leg.
Can you use the speed control on your car? I have to do that or my knee will also get achy. When sitting in my recliner I have to alternate between leg lift up and leg lift down. I think having some discomfort with your knee is normal. If you don't want to see a different doctor, that's your decision. But, if you're worried maybe you should.
 

Staff online

Back
Top Bottom