TKR Pain 2 years after TKR

Thank you. I have had several bouts of tears today. Just can't take this pain. I am so glad of the company on here. I have no where to turn that anyone understands how much pain I am in. Just made myself tea and toast plus pain meds then heading to bed. Will let you know tomorrow if I manage to get a doctors appointment. I need to phone right on 8am and even then I will have a problem getting through. I will just threaten A&E if they don't let me see a doctor.
 
I’m so sorry you’re experiencing this pain!!
 
At least you could make yourself the tea and toast. That's a feat in itself. Good luck with a GP appointment today.
 
Hope you get that appointment @ Mollymax . So wish I could just drive up to see you and console you. It’s horrible when no one else around understands what it’s like.
 
Saw doctor and he has booked me in for a scan tomorrow morning at hospital. Also gave me 2 bottles oral morphine 5ml every 4hrs. Not sure which part of my leg is the sorest right now - calf, knee or thigh.
 
Good result! The scan should clarify things. Now try to relax today. Plenty of rubbish to watch on TV.
 
@Spex10 this is so much worse than last time. Pain levels are I would say at least a 9 but 10 during the night. Crying loads. The calf and knee are screaming at me right now. Cried most of the night. This is shear hell this time
 
Oh gosh. It certainly sounds awful. Keep posting. You'll definitely find sympathetic ears here.
 
@Mollymax (and others) just to cheer you up. I was talking to one of those 'experts' on knee replacements. One of those whose friends were all up dancing the day after TKR. Anyway he solemnly assured me that after six weeks his pal's knee replacement hadn't worked so they had to put the old knee back!!! I didn't know what to say. My face must have been a picture though.
I hope they ran the old knee under the tap before re inserting it...
 
Anyway he solemnly assured me that after six weeks his pal's knee replacement hadn't worked so they had to put the old knee back
I sincerely wish this was possible because I was so much better off with my old knee!
 
Lol to putting the old one back. Hysterical. Mind you right now I wish I still had the old one. It didn't hurt like this. Oral morphine says 5ml every 4 to 6 hours. Just made the 4 hours when in tears with the pain again from knee and calf. So I will be taking it regularly 4 hourly until this eases. I didn't realise how easy my other knee was. If my boss phones me tomorrow as she says she will be getting told to leave me in peace while I am in this much pain.
Managed an hours sleep there just now. Taking it when I can the way I am.
Thank goodness for everyone here
 
So it was just bad luck the piriformis flared up days after the operation then?
Fraid so.
Saw doctor and he has booked me in for a scan tomorrow morning at hospital. Also gave me 2 bottles oral morphine 5ml every 4hrs.
Wow! I was thinking though - might be your pain is due to something else but don't ask me what!

I hope they ran the old knee under the tap before re inserting it...
Or after they've recovered it from the tip!

@Spex10 you are a riot!
 
The hospital only gave me one weeks meds. I don't think they give you enough meds on discharge from hospital. I am now 14 days post op and just been to doctor today and he has given me more morphine to see me over new year holiday. I have to go to hospital tomorrow for a scan for possible blood clot in calf or thigh as in so much pain.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom