TKR Pain 2 years after TKR

. I have to go to hospital tomorrow for a scan for possible blood clot in calf or thigh as in so much pain.
I’m sorry they couldn’t have done that today.
 
@Jockette at least he gave me more pain relief. I thought I would have been sent to hospital today but he phoned them and they said tomorrow.
 
@Josephine Thank you! I was just going to request that. I forgot where I was when I responded to Molly. I usually try to be careful about that.
 
Molly, I'm glad to read that you are having a scan. I hope it doesn't show any blood clots, but if it does at least you will get them/it treated.
 
Hope the morphine does the trick for you re the pain. Glad you’ve got a scan booked in ..
Fingers crossed it’s all ok tomorrow.:console2:
 
@Josephine sorry. First time I have done that I think.
Thanks all. Hopefully no clots but if not why the horrific pain. Morphine easing the pain a bit but not completely. I hope they can give me some answers tomorrow. If I know what is wrong then I may not have the worry and maybe I will cope better. The letter I have to take tells me to go to the Dvt clinic then to a ward for results. When I looked up what that ward was it said Care of the Elderly. Not happy.... Lol. I am not elderly. Well maybe I'm 64 but my brain doesn't tell me I am elderly.
 
Last edited:
I’m turning 63 and I do feel elderly! :bawl:
 
@Jockette right now I feel old. I am 65 in a few weeks and wanted my life back hence getting both knees done this year. I really hope this gets sorted out and next year is the start of a pain free life.
 
I hope that happens for you, too! :console2:
 
It will @Mollymax! This time tomorrow you'll either know you had a dvt and its being treated or that your pain is mostly due to the piriformis syndrome. There's something about a cognitive understanding of pain that helps. I knew I'd had a tkr (obviously!) So I understood why I might be in pain and could process it mentally in such a way that I could manage it. That worked for me in childbirth and in my second tkr but not the first when I'd been given oxy codone/contin. I wanted a clear head for the second which is why I refused all drugs except paracetemol. I made a much better recovery.
Tomorrow you'll really be able to understand why you're in such pain but, who knows, it'll be better after potential dvt treatment. I sincerely hope so.
 
@Spex10 I know what you mean. If I at least know what it is I can possibly cope better. Its the not knowing which is a worry and I think makes the pain worse. Tonight despite keeping up regular meds my calf, shin and ankle hurt badly. It seems to alternate between top of my leg and the bottom of leg. Hard to explain. I just feel something isn't right. I had nothing like this with the other knee.
 
Something certainly isnt right. It would be good to fast forward to tomorrow. I hope you can sleep a little tonight and aren't in too much discomfort.
 
Thanks Spex10. I will let you know tomorrow what hospital said.
 
Last edited:
When I looked up what that ward was it said Care of the Elderly. Not happy.... Lol. I am not elderly. Well maybe I'm 64 but my brain doesn't tell me I am elderly.
Or being called a Senior Citizen! I do like the discounts, though!

Its the not knowing which is a worry and I think makes the pain worse.
Not knowing is very stressful. Stress increases pain. Can you find a funny movie to watch? Something to try and take your mind off of the pain? I know that's easier said than done but worth a try.
 
Or being called a Senior Citizen! I do like the discounts, though!
:yes!:

They really should rename that ward, though, who thought that one up? Some young whippersnapper! :doh:

I hope you get answers and help tomorrow.
 
Back from hospital. There are no blood clots so that's a relief. No answers to why I'm so much pain though. All they can think of is its muscular. Only advice was to keep taking the morphine and go see doctor after new year if no better. Journey to and from hospital agony trying to sit on my hip. Back of knee really sore. They suggested that may have been a bakers cyst but not sure. So at least I can stop worrying about blood clot but still in real pain.
 
@Mollymax, it’s a relief to know there is no blood clot:console2:

Horrible to be enduring so much pain. Did they suggest it may be also nerve pain as well as muscular. Did they change or add any pain medications for you?
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom