TKR Pain 2 years after TKR

Thank you @Gel-girl I decided a whike back to cover the white hair and I quite like it. Thank goodness it was only a few apples I was peeling and chopping. Never thought about sitting to do it. Silly me.
The fit note you get now from the doctor means you don't need signed off and can go back at any time. My manager looked at the NHS guideline of between 6 and 12 weeks recovery and said because I am an office worker I should be at the 6 week end not the 12 week despite the fact my lymphodema kept my knee more swollen than probably normal. I emailed her asking her to reconsider her decision and she never replied to me.
 
Your knee is still a baby. Those ups and downs and bad days will happen for months but they will slowly get further apart. My left knee was replaced in January and is really throwing a fit right now. :bored:
 
I was able to get 12 weeks off work in spite of having a desk job because sitting at a desk was (and still is) very difficult. Got a doctor's note saying so.
 
Given that your other knee is in a bad way and needs replaced and that you have lymphoedema, how about asking for medical retirement? You're not far off retirement anyway.
Sorry to hear your knee's giving bother again. It's a sair fecht!
 
Well I have in and am going back to work next Wed doing only 4 hours then and 4.hours on Thurs. Then I will take my 2 weeks holiday. I decided to stick it out until I get the other knee done which should be by end November with a bit of luck and then I won't be going back.

Knee was ok today. But if a bad night's sleep as more uncomfortable than sore.

So I will continue to read others threads and see how everyone is getting on and join in on some but I think I won't be around quite so much once back at work. Be back when I get date off next op.
 
Quick question.. After being pretty much pain free for a few weeks is it normal to have a night and day where your knee is really sore? Both knees ached overnight and are sore tonight. I expect that from unoperated one but other one is aching.
 
Both mine are a bit achey. I think I overdid things this week and am paying the price. Its not awful. But they are both a bit sore and slightly stiff.
 
It's dampish cooler weather here too.
 
It's rained here the last few days so maybe they don't like the rain. Mine are a bit stiff too. Maybe did too much but I didn't think I had. It's this Scottish weather...
 
Both of my knees were a little stiff and achy when I got up this morning. I remember thinking, I haven't had the morning stiffness in several weeks. But, our weather got cooler over the weekend. We went from the upper 70s on Friday to lower to mid 60s yesterday and today. It eventually went away after I started the activities of my day. I was very happy to be able to move around at church with no stiffness!! I'm ready for fall, my favorite season!! I love talking walks in the fall, I look forward to the crispness in the air.
 
I seem to be OK in morning but after sitting for a while I stiffen up

Got a letter this morning from hospital. Pre assessment appt on 8th Nov and operation on or before 23rd Nov. So its countdown to new knee number 2. Wonder when or if the fear will kick in like last time.
 
That's great @Mollymax. Just what the consultant agreed. Not too long a wait either. This time you'll know what you're in for. Relaxing recovery over the winter. Someone else will have to cook Christmas Dinner too!
Good luck at work this week.
 
Back to work tomorrow. Will keep quiet about next knee at my return to work interview. No need to tell them just yet. November will come round soon enough.
 
@Mollymax I've read your recovery thread from the beginning. It was helpful for me to read what you experienced as I prepared for my TKR which was 11 days ago.

You certainly have been through a lot. But in the end you have done so well. And now it seems you only have to return to work for a short time before you can get your other knee fixed. And you will then be quitting.

Just focus on one day at a time. Don't think too far into the future as that's just wasted worry. Worrying today about something that isn't here yet can't change anything down the road. I can't wait to get where you are, such as going for walks. I want to wish you the best of days tomorrow.
 
@Spex10 Work wasn't too bad. There wasn't many people in and half my advisers were on holiday. The manager who did my return to work couldn't believe I was threatened with dismissal if didn't go back. I let her know I was back under pressure. Not many people talked to me. Now in an office that has 400 staff that's bad but then I don't normally talk to that many people anyway. I didn't mention the next op. Maybe just before my pre assessment in November....lol. Tonight my knee is a bit sore. I was cooking dinner and had to get hubby to take over.

@Joy77 thank you for your comments. I hope you are doing well after your operation. I can't believe how i got through the operation after all my fears. It certainly wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I shouldn't speak to soon as I still have the other knee to get done.
 
Well done. Sounds like it went OK. I suppose it would be better if you enjoyed your work but a jobs a jobs these days!
A nice manager for your return to work interview must have been a relief.
 

Staff online

Back
Top Bottom