Hello and a Happy Saturday to you!
I'm still limping quite a bit but not using any support (cane) unless I'm out of the house for awhile.
As both Elf and CricketHip have mentioned, it is advised you use the cane until you're no longer limping.
A tip -
Try heel-toe walking when / if you're limping. Let your heel hit the ground first followed by toes.
It takes a concentrated effort but I believe you'll notice a difference. Please give it a try, if you haven't already. Using the cane while you still need it, and you do, may relieve some of that tension you're feeling in other areas.
My husband wanted to do a shopping trip to an outlet mall which was exhausting. HE was the one shopping and I was the one looking for a place to sit and pass the time.
That kind of takes the enjoyment out of the shopping trip. I'd go with my gut and if I felt an activity may be too physically taxing, at any given point, I wouldn't engage. There will be a time for shopping when you're walking more confidently unassisted, feeling stronger and are more energized. Major surgery definitely takes the wind out of our sails.
I know you realize your return to work feels premature. Twelve weeks is advised with a Phased Return -
https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/phased-return-to-work.5696/
I understand that's not feasible for all and you may not have a choice. Please take every opportunity to do what you need to do to be comfortable while there. No extended standing, or sitting. Bring ice packs to store in a community refrigerator, or a small cooler desk side if you feel you could benefit from using one while there. Hopefully your colleagues understand that you've experienced major surgery and are conscientious and understanding in regard to your needs.
I also went to an afternoon workshop that had me on my feet for 3 hours that was followed by a 2 hour meeting.
That's a bit much for this point in recovery. Three hours on your feet followed by two hours of sitting, likely on an uncomfortable office chair, must have felt exhausting.
Please take it easy in the pool this weekend. Some water walking and gentle stretches sound relaxing and a bit therapeutic but it's easy to overdo it in the water and not feel it until later.
At seven weeks, you're still early days into your recovery considering you hope to have this implant in place for life. You're doing well but I think you could scale back in the areas mentioned a bit longer.
Wishing you comfort and a relaxing weekend!
@kfisher119