Guest viewing is limited

THR out of sync?

Good to hear the Lounge Doctor arrived! :happydance:
You mentioned you didn't have a backache this morning and were able to sleep in your bed again last evening. Safe to assume you slept with the Lounge Doctor then? If so, awesome news it's helped with something already. It's nice to justify spending money on that thing. That's the way I felt anyway. To many more nights of peaceful sleep! :yawn::sleep:
@boots
 
A good Sunday here. Took a shower, stood up the whole time although the shower chair was in there if needed. We went to church, came home and heated up some lunch, our daughter from downstate texted she was coming up (she lives 2 hours away). We had a good visit and drove out to the local cider mill for apples. Had a taste of their blueberry hard cider. I’m sleeping good with the lounge doctor. Looking forward to another healing week.
 
You had a very good, cheerful day today! You even made it to church! Glad you are sleeping better and looking forward to another healing week.
 
Looking through my paperwork I find nothing on using lotion on my incision site. I’ll be 4 weeks the 14. Any info on this ?
 
Hi @boots ! I was told that as soon as my incision was completely healed, and closed, then I could use cocoa butter or Bio Oil. But I would recommend calling your OS office to be certain.
Glad to read that you are sleeping better!
 
Hello @boots
It sounds like you had a wonderful Sunday and are doing very well. Great news! :yes!: Keep up the good work.

Just adding some additional suggestions for moisturizers often mentioned and used on the incision area once you're cleared by your OS -
E45 Cream
Palmer's Cocoa Butter Lotion with Vitamin E
Coconut Oil
Happy Healing as you continue the journey!
 
Today I went to our regional co op meeting. It was an hour drive one way. My daughter in law drove. It was a lot of sitting. I took my cane and used it during the breaks. It was a long day. Home for supper and have been sitting with my feet up. I think it will be an early night! We had snow yesterday and no school in the area. The roads were good But I have to tell you I drove out to the mail box as it’s very icy out there. The moon was beautiful though!
 
Glad you are getting out of the house and we’re able to have another social day.
Smart to drive the car to get the mail. I would have to do the same if it were icy.
It’s real bitter here. Maybe it’s a good night to view the moon here as well?
Hope you have a good night.
 
Still healing. Waking up at least 2 times during the night to go to the bathroom. But the lounge dr is keeping me from having back pain. I have been doing laps around my living room/kitchen/dining room as we live on a farm with no flat space to walk out doors and it is way colder than normal and we got 5 inches of snow Monday night and probably an inch last night. I also have been doing the exercises I was sent home with-1 or 2 times a day. I have not noticed any pain with them.
4 weeks post surgery. I go back in two weeks for my first post op with my surgeon.
I feel like I have a bladder or kidney infection, I have a kidney stone forming disease and have a couple stones that may need to come out-they aren’t causing any major pain but in the past have caused infections. Drinking a lot hoping to flush it out!! Probably why I get up so much during the nights. I have been spending time reading other's experiences and it is helping with my recovery
Thanks to everyone who posts!!
 
@boots.....because you tend to have problems with your kidneys and bladder, if you feel like you might have a bladder or kidney infection going on, you need to let your GP know so you could have a test to determine if that's the case. When you are newly out of surgery, the last thing you need is a urinary tract infection.

I don't think that's the case, as it's probably your body still releasing fluid following surgery. But, since you do have some special factors and you just have that "feeling," it's better to be safe and check.
 
@Jamie thanks for your input. I will give my gp a call.
Today I helped at a funeral lunch, I coordinated the food so I did not do much leg work today. It was good to get out and now I am home with my feet up!
It’s a sunny cool weekend here. Too slippery to be out there for me.
hope everyone has a good weekend
 
Hi @boots :wave:
Happy One Month Anniversary! I hope you're doing well.
Wishing you a peaceful week as you continue healing. :)
 
Woohoo, one month down and working on your second one! Continue to rest, elevate and ice, slow and easy!.
 
Today we took our van in to get the tire repaired, hubby picked me up to do some errands, I decided to stop in to the local urgent care to get my urine tested. I do have an infection coming on, the pa on duty called in a prescription for antibiotics and they are running a culture to make sure I’m taking the right medication. My bp was high, the nurse retook it and it did go down some. Usually my bp is right on-I do take meds for it. I wonder if Celebrex can cause this?
Home relaxing for a bit before I make supper. Tomorrow I’m going to take a class and test for my food license, our church kitchen is licensed and we need to have licensed members- it’s good I’m not ‘ working’ so I can participate in a few things I normally wouldn’t be able to.
Feeling better every day.
 
Wow, you sound so active. It is wonderful to read. You sound like you are making great progress. Good thing you caught the uti quickly.
 
Hi @boots I'm so glad you got yourself to an Urgent Care and a prescription. Antoher thing taken care of, right?
I tend to have a higher blood pressure reading with any of the NSAD's I've taken over the years.
But again, it's better to ask your Doctors about it.

Your day out sounded nice, though. Your recuperation sounds like a busy one and laughed when you said it's good you are "not working" so you can do other things. It's good to have a sense of humor when recovering from surgery. :ok:
 
Back
Top Bottom