Guest viewing is limited

THR out of sync?

I have a question: after surgery I didn’t have any leg cramps, towards the end of 5 weeks I started having them again, so does the anesthesia help with cramps? And does it take several days to get it out of your system? I probably kept more hydrated while I was recovering so I don’t think that is causing the cramps. Just wondering, I’ve been going through my head what was different. Thanks.
 
Getting back in to the swing of things, feeding calves, no milking yet. Which I don't intend on doing at least till Christmas afternoon if needed. Its very warm today, going to get to 50 and then drop off, so the mud will be rutted up, I will have to be careful not to trip, hubby says he will get out later today and smooth everything out best he can before the deep freeze hits us for a few days. Other than a few aches here and there I'm doing and feeling good. Going to get my eating back under control and then I know I will feel even better. It will be 8 weeks on the 12th. cannot believe how much pain I must have been in and how much better I feel.
 
Hello :xmas-wave-smiley-emoticon:
Thanks for updating. You're doing well! Almost 8 weeks already...wow.
Please do be careful out walking in frozen ruts and slipping etc. The last thing you need this early on is to slip / trip and fall. I'd let hubs do the bulk of that work until you're further along, IF that's a possibility, since you're only 8 weeks out from a major surgery.

Fifty degrees sounds so nice. We currently have falling snow and temps at only 26F and falling throughout the day. A high of 6F predicted for tomorrow. So 50F sounds tropical :heehee: I hope you have a peaceful Monday and a great week!
@boots
 
Glad to see you're feeling up to get back in the swing of things but please continue to be careful.
 
Hello :xmas-wave-smiley-emoticon: @boots
Happy Two Month Anniversary!
I hope you're doing well. Please leave an update when you have time. We'd love to hear about your progress.
Best wishes for a very Merry Christmas!

:christmas-carols-smiley-emoticon: :merry-xmas-smiley-emoticon::santa-dance:
 
Thanks for the 'anniversary' wish. I am doing great. Feeding calves has been going well. I'm going to milk for a few hours tomorrow, but not go out to bring the cows in, figured I would go in a few hours every other day or so. Still getting up 2-3 times a night but well rested when I get up in the morning. I still struggle getting my sock on, hoping it gets a little easier down the road.
Merry Christmas!!
 
Happy 2 months my friend!:egypdance::egypdance:
I know the stiffness and achiness were obviously more pronounced after busier days.
When you're not doing something, do keep icing and elevating.
The mobility issues will keep steadily improving so Keep the Faith.
Hope your holidays are Sweet.:plugging-in-xmas-tree-smiley-emoticon:
 
Last edited:
I was doing so well. Yesterday I deep cleaned the bathroom and now my replaced knee is hurting so bad when I bend it I am almost in tears. I was fine yesterday feeding calves and this morning till I came in to change to go to a meeting. Not sure what’s going on. Going to ice it and see how it goes.
 
At home finally with ice on the knee. It’s the left, same as my 9 week old hip!
 
This is how recovery can go,, one day doing well and we try some extra activities and then something else hurts. If you think about it, it makes sense if it's on the same side as your new hip.
Hopefully some rest and ice will help.

I'm sorry you are in pain and worried. :console2:
 
Good morning @boots So sorry about your poor knee. Hope the pain is short lived. CricketHip is spot on. This recovery business takes turns here and there, but with time nature will knit your body back together. With a little time and patience. Best wishes
 
I took ibuprofen and iced it almost all night. It was achy this morning and felt tight. Took more ibuprofen then I fed calves, took it slow when I got in I iced it for 30 minutes. Plan on more ice and ibuprofen. Was so happy how much better it feels today. Thank you all !! Merry Christmas!
 
Good afternoon. I haven’t checked in for awhile. Things are going well. Have had a few more days of the knee pain-usually after over doing it. Last Thursday was 12 weeks! Still occasionally have pain in my ‘butt’ I’m assuming from what was moved around during surgery. Sometimes when I bend or twist I feel a catch and pain. Hopefully that’s normal.
I’m still being very cautious when milking-I’ve done 4 -4 hour shifts in the last few weeks.
taking it slow walking outside- we finally have winter- before it was mud- now it’s ice. Hope everyone is enjoying the new year!!
 

Members online

Back
Top Bottom