Guest viewing is limited

THR out of sync?

I used the Lounge Doctor. It is true that assistance from another party is helpful. Usually when I got up middle of the night I jettisoned it for the remainder of the night. I think that I used it only for two weeks though as I like to side sleep and actually did on my incision.
 
@boots
You'll notice that I have merged your newest thread with your original recovery thread. For several reasons, we prefer that you only have one recovery thread:
  • That way, we have all your information in one place. This makes it easier to go back and review your history before providing advice.
  • If you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts and advice others have left for you in the old threads, and some information may be unnecessarily repeated
  • Having only one thread will act as a diary of your progress that you can look back on.
So please post any updates, questions or concerns about your recovery here. If you prefer a different thread title, just post what you want and we'll get it changed for you.
If you need an urgent response to a question, just tag a member of staff.
How to tag another member; how to answer when someone tags you

Here are the instructions on finding your thread, How can I find my threads and posts? . Many members bookmark their thread, so they can find it when they log on.
 
Hello @boots
Another fan of the Lounge Doctor here. :wave: I continue to use it on occassion while reading or watching tv because I find it comfortable. It's not just a Recovery article.
Have a great week!
 
I looked up the Lounge Doctor, its not cheap, but I figure it would be something I would continue using, as I did have lower back muscle pain before my hip replacement-but the hip pain in the morning was greater than any back pain, its amazing how my hip is now pain free!!
Any specific thing I should look for? there seem to be several options.
Also I have to say I am walking around some in the house without my cane! I will continue its use when I am doing my rounds every hour of walking around the house for some exercise and definitely when I go out!
Thanks for all your help!!
 
I got the newest version with the removable cover and sticky bottom so it doesn’t move around. I also didn’t get the extra wide one because my sofa isnt all that wide. I didn’t use it in my bed. But I did sleep on the sofa for at least two weeks. And I watched tv from the sofa so it got tons of use. I’m now months away from the surgery and I still use it occasionally after too much walking and my feet swell up. I think it’s really worth money. I was hesitant but the fact that so many people whose advice I trusted loved it sealed the deal.

Amazon product ASIN B07K44859W
 
. I was hesitant but the fact that so many people whose advice I trusted loved it sealed the deal.

thanks for all of your input, I am going to order one today!
 
@ceezee I am more impressed with the Lounge Doctor now, because It resists slipping, and It is made is the USA. Thank you for posting the link. Could it be used for a back rest while laying on the couch, when the hip is healed?
@boots Since you were thinking about it’s use regarding back pain, I wondered if it might be comfortable at the north end of the body.
 
I ordered the Lounge Doctor on Amazon Tuesday , for free shipping it said it would be here 13-20 of November, I got an email that it shipped and I should have it tomorrow! I am so looking forward to sleeping in my bed!
today we vet checked cows for pregnancy, I went out to do the recording, I stood with a few sit down breaks and feel no ill effect but my feet and hands got a bit cold! I wore yoga pants under jeans and then put bibs on over. Today was the coldest day yet this fall. It was nice to be out in the parlor and see some of my ‘girls’. at 3 weeks post op, I plan on taking a full 8 weeks possibly longer off.
I have been doing a few exercises that were sent home with me. And have cut the Tylenol down to 3x a day. It’s hard to take it slow when I feel so much better!
 
I bet your “girls” were happy to see you, too. Glad you are feeling so well, three weeks out. Maybe you got that arctic air mass that is approaching the east coast? Glad you could bundle up and be comfortable.
 
Good score on the free shipping and getting the Lounge Doctor tomorrow! Hope it helps you sleep and rest better.

Glad that you're feeling better and helping out a bit with the cows, just be very careful that you don't overdo it. I know that 12 weeks is kind of the recommended time frame for returning back to work and then with a phased in return at that but, when you're running a farm understand that may not be possible. Again, listen to your body and continue to take it slow and easy. I know, it's hard when you're really starting to feel good but try. :happydance:
 
I hope you love the Lounge Doctor.....I do. Let us know after a few days. I couldn't sleep with mine. I found it too confining underneath the covers and I need covers since a comfy t-shirt and undies are about the extent of my sleeping attire. I get too hot otherwise so wearing pj pants and socks, sans covers, just doesn't work for me. I found it great while watching tv or reading on the sofa or in bed, but I'd toss it at lights out. I'm curious to hear your feelings on it once you've given it a dedicated trial run.

It's good you got out for a bit to help with the cows. I believe you'll benefit by taking off the full 8 weeks, even longer if you're able, then easing back in.
It sounds like you're doing well. Keep it up and have a wonderful weekend!
@boots
 
The Lounge Doctor was delivered around 7 pm. I went out to wash some take off meter parts in the milking parlor. Was out for an hour and came back up to the house. Hubby was getting settled in on the couch around 10, I told him I was going to try to sleep in our bed. I still was up three times but with NO lower back pain! I know he slept better too.
I know I have over did it the last few days.
this morning I fixed pancakes and sausage for the family, then took a two hour rest.
my next door grandkids are here and helping hubby winterize the milking parlor, he had made a comment about needing help and maybe I would be able to? I don’t think he realizes I probably should not be doing much more than I already am. Yes, I’m mostly pain free compared to three weeks ago, but I’m not 100% and probably won’t be for 6-12 months. I am not using my cane much in the house. Definitely using it when I venture outside at all.
hope you all have a great weekend!
 
I know you want to do more but do not overdo and set yourself back. You might want to show your husband a u tube of what the surgery involves. Sometimes since we come home so soon and are able to get around people forget how major of a surgery it is and how the rest of the body reacts to this stress and needs rest to really recovery.

Not to scare you but since your doctor does not want you around horses you might want to check how he feels about you being around the cows this early in recovery. I know milk houses are pretty darn clean ( have been around dairy farms and have friends who have some) but....
 
[QUOTE="leejaa, post: 1368214, member
Not to scare you but since your doctor does not want you around horses you might want to check how he feels about you being around the cows this early in recovery. I know milk houses are pretty darn clean ( have been around dairy farms and have friends who have some) but....
[/QUOTE]
Thanks for your concern. I am not getting near the cows at all yet. And probably won’t for the full 8 weeks. I hope I did the quoting correctly.
 
@boots You sound like you are doing well with the Lounge Doctor. Glad your back pain is gone and so glad you have some grandkids old enough to help your husband, and maybe you, too.
Have a restful weekend.
 
Back
Top Bottom