THR OUCH !!!<

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to purchase a monts pass to the pool , then a snowstorm happened and i never made it... guess it was a good thing .
 
Am I allowed to share this thread with the long term disability insurance people,in hopes it might help them better understand? or do they only make their determinations based on what the doctors say?
 
Gooniebird63,
This is a public forum and anyone can read your posts, including the disability insurance people.
You would have to ask the company how they determine who receives disability insurance, or read the policy closely. Look for how to file an appeal.
 
Nine months since THR, went back to work in Feb. Was sore for a while but worked through it and was almost pain free. Jump to the last couple weeks and now today I am seeing my orthopedic Dr because the pain has returned. I can't lift my leg to work the clutch pedal and it also hurts when depressing the clutch pedal. I feel this makes me an unsafe driver because now I have to anticipate working the pedal and grab my knee to help lift my leg up to work the pedal.

I would like some input on my situation please
Thank you all in advance.
 
Hi, I will be a year in August but still have problems now and then. It I let my muscles get stuff by sitting too much I get pain in groin area but close to the pubic area which is a muscle also a muscle in the back of thigh. Where is the pain you are having? Tell us what your doctor says, good luck.
 
Just read your journey. Thinking of you. I will be one year in late July. The hip is not perfect, but SO much better than it was before.
 
Hi Gooniebird. I'm wondering if you've done something new or different recently that would cause a strain. Or maybe you've been overdoing in general and it has caught up with you? I'm tagging @Josephine for you. She'll want lots more details....where the pain is specifically located, all your activities....exercise, recreation, work, home chores, etc. How much, how often. Stuff like that.

Sharon
 
I just re read my reply and would like to amend. I don't mean to confuse. My new hip joint is perfect! Arthritis pain is gone! I still have muscle aches around the hip...both of them. I think that is from overuse and weakness in that area.
 
Thanks...as always Josephine. I am on my iPad and couldn't see how. I will try tonight on the computer.
Just checked...can't edit. As you can see, no problem editing this post.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry everyone, for the delayed response.
I am not getting notified of new posts so i kinda forgot about it.

Well, had a bone scan yesterday, the technician, reminding me that he's not a doctor, says he's been doing this for a long time and knows what he's looking at, said it looked like the acetabular cup may have come loose.

I see my orthopedic dr in an hour to discuss the details of the scan but if anyone has experienced this condition, let me know what YOU were told to do or not do. I'm sure if that's the problem it'll require another surgery but what should I expect before?
 
Well. ..the technician was accurate, the cup is loose, also possibly the stem may be loose towards the bottom. The bone scan did not indicate that but the type of pain I am experiencing does, so he's going to replace the whole works while he's in there.

I don't want to think about how they're going to get that stem out of the femur. He says if it's not loose at the top, which mine isn't, it takes an "act of Congress " to pull it out.

I don't know what I'm supposed to feel like right now.
 
if anyone has experienced this condition, let me know what YOU were told to do or not do. I'm sure if that's the problem it'll require another surgery but what should I expect before?
There's not a lot you can do 'before'. It is what it is. And yes, quite a few members have had this happen to them.
I don't want to think about how they're going to get that stem out of the femur. He says if it's not loose at the top, which mine isn't, it takes an "act of Congress " to pull it out.
If it were me, I wouldn't let the original surgeon do it again. Loosenings are invariably the result of poor technique, doubly so if both implants are loose. That's unconscionable.

This may be accidental or it may be poor experience but either way, I'd want a surgeon experienced in revisions. If he is expressing such concern about getting that stem out, then he's not the one to have faith in. A good revision surgeon would have techniques at his fingertips to deal with that. I know this because I've scrubbed for many hip surgeons and those with this experience had little or no trouble getting the stem out. You've already had it fail once. Make sure you have an expert doing next time.

BTW, is your hip cemented or uncemented?
 
How many in this group have had hip revision surgery ?
What should I expect ?
Scheduled for Aug 10th.
 
If you find a thread with the prefix
[Bonesmart.org] OUCH !!!<
and click on the prefix, then you will get a list of all the members who have had revision THRs.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom