Guest viewing is limited

THR OUCH !!!<

Status
Not open for further replies.
but you are contradicting most of what the dr says , physical therapy , walking uo to a mile by this point etc.
Yes I am aware of that, but 8 years service on this forum and other experience IRL, have lead me to realise they are wrong!

Just curious as to what you mean by ppi pain meds ?
I take it you never read the article I left you then? The one about NSAIDs and Tylenol?
 
I am going on 9 weeks, i quit pt also and my hip feels better. Every time I did the strap excercise it would hurt my knee, so all I do now is walk. I am on a cane, sometimes I feel I don't need it but if I do I use it. I sometimes feel I should do more but I do what I feel is right. I use the golfer bend even tho my doctor took me off restrictions at 7 weeks, easing into normal. I am overweight too.... I have really good days and sometimes not as good, right now fighting dizziness trying to figure out what that is. I think stress is part of it but good luck:welome:
 
I just read the article you sent me and I see that diclofenac should not be taken with Tylenol but if the tylenol is not working for me and the diclofenac is can I just take diclofenac? I have not had any stomach problems yet but I was just worried about potential problems
 
@Josephine, hi have a question hit my 9 weeks Monday and doing pretty good however, the incision area inside seems to be bothering lately. Didn't bother earlier, feels like pulling, tender to touch just a little painfull, figure healing or might have pulled the area during sleep..what ya think?? Will I live?:scratch:
 
Alright, i chose to stop taking NSAIDS,
even though my pain is gone while using it my guts don't feel great.
Now what ? Tylenol doesn't work and oxycodone, which was prescribed doesn't take the inflammation away, i think that's the main issue, i don't think not taking anything is an option because i can't handle the pain unless i am immobile.
 
@Gooniebird63, tylenol alone doesn't help me either. I have tramadol but never used it as yet but liked better than the other stuff that makes me a zombie, so just incase I have it. I like motrin 800, usually take as soon as I get up in about an hour it seems to start limbering me up inflammation wise. If needed I take every 8 hours, doesn't seem to bother my stomach like nsaids. Usually I can get away with 2 per day, morning and evening then tylenol in between. Tylenol with motrin seems to work pretty good. With that said, I hit 9 week mark today and in waking this morning, I feel like I took steps back for some reason, muscles seem sore in upper thigh and hip. Was feeling pretty good thought I'd get out today but I never know, should I exercise it more by walking, is it this way because I didn't get enough yesterday I know I didn't do as much, or maybe I slept wrong?? I try to remember Josephine saying hips heal themselves and try to be patient but it does get discerning. All we can do is hang in there. I'm glad I don't forsee another hip in near future because I do not want to go through this again anytime soon:dubious:
 
Hi @Gooniebird63 as far as I know PPi = Proton Pump inhibitors... they reduce the production of acid and offer your stomach some protection while on drugs such as Diclofenac which is a NSAID (Non Steroidal Anti Inflammatory Drug). I was given them prior to my gallbladder removal and was told a side benefit was that the Mobic I was on would be less likely to affect my stomach while taking them... I am not medically trained, I've just left this info here until someone more informed than I comes along :snork:
 
Hi @Gooniebird63!
I've been reading through your thread and am very happy to hear that you have found something that works for you for pain relief. While I agree that NSAIDs can be very detrimental on your stomach, I have come to realize that not everyone suffers from these side effects. With that said, I have been taking NSAID products for a longggg time (over 2 years) and have not suffered with any of the side effects. It keeps my arthritis in check and has done wonders for me. So, in my opinion, if the Diclofenac is working on your pain levels and is not effecting your stomach, if it was me, I would continue taking it. It is only going to be short term anyway. Of course, this is only my opinion.
I totally agree with the BS mantra. Walk as often as you can and follow up with rest, ice and elevation. Try propping your leg up on a pillow or two while in your recliner. Remember, use the golfers reach when trying to load dishwasher or laundry machines. Do not twist towards your op side, cross your legs or ankles and use a pillow between your legs when sleeping or resting. And, please remember that patience is the word of the day. You are doing fine and will continue to do fine. And, last but not least, relax and try not to let your OCD take control. I have OCD too, but learned through this recovery process that I just HAD to let it go if I was going to recover and not freak out at when I saw a dirty dish lingering on the counter or TV tray.
Best wishes to you!
 
Hi @Gooniebird63!
I've been reading through your thread and am very happy to hear that you have found something that works for you for pain relief. While I agree that NSAIDs can be very detrimental on your stomach, I have come to realize that not everyone suffers from these side effects. With that said, I have been taking NSAID products for a longggg time (over 2 years) and have not suffered with any of the side effects. It keeps my arthritis in check and has done wonders for me. So, in my opinion, if the Diclofenac is working on your pain levels and is not effecting your stomach, if it was me, I would continue taking it. It is only going to be short term anyway. Of course, this is only my opinion.


While I wouldn't recommend it for everyone (always ask your PCP), I have been taking PPIs and some form of NSAID for over 10 years. I have yearly blood work to make sure there are no ill effects ..so far,so good.
 
@Josephine, hi have a question hit my 9 weeks Monday and doing pretty good however, the incision area inside seems to be bothering lately. Didn't bother earlier, feels like pulling, tender to touch just a little painfull, figure healing or might have pulled the area during sleep..what ya think?? Will I live?:scratch:
Lacey, I cannot answer you here - this is Gooniebird's recovery thread. Ask me in your own thread.
 
Hi @Gooniebird63
If Diclofenac is bothering you, why don't you call your GP and ask his/her advice? I love my Norco on the recovery days. Tramadol was very helpful, too. I wonder how expensive it would be for you to pick up maybe a few? Like 10? just to have on hand..
I am a huge fan of soaking in my tub with hot water and Epsom salts, not sure whether you've tried this or are able to do so yet.
oh and I love my NSAIDS and use them with PPI's also.
Take care, glad you are back to feeling better again!
 
@Gooniebird63 wish we lived close you could have my Norco......I can't take that stuff, took a half and was messed up for 1.5 days same with codine. I don't do tubs, too hard for my fat body to get in and out on a good day, but love hot showers at night. Right now though showers seem to dry me out, my skin sheds pretty bad now, hard to get lotion from knees down, hope things are getting better for you, are you doing the golfers bend? Works well for me.
 
Hi @Gooniebird63 and welcome to Bonesmart. I'm not a doctor either but I would say if diclofenac relieves your pain take it. I had left hip replacement in April and after my spinal with sedation post OP wore off I took diclofenac only: mornings and evenings. They also prescribed some medicine to protect the stomach because they are aware it might cause stomach acid problems. Diclofenac should always be taken with that medicine to protect the stomach. I can't remember what it's called, but doctors and pharmacists will surely be able to tell you. The thing is you probably need a prescription (I don't think its over the counter medicine). So I took Diclofenac mornings and evenings plus that stomach protection pill in the evening. After 2 weeks, I was able to cut down the diclofenac to just one pill in the evening plus the stomach pill, and stopped taking my pain meds alltogether after 3 weeks. I think diclofenac is a good pain management pill. I did not take any other pain meds. Instead, I did icing for pain management, and to get less stiff, I went on an exercise bike which was available in the gym at my rehab facility where I stayed 1 1/2 weeks. The beauty about cycling is, it's non weight-bearing which means no impact on the hip. An additional side-effect is the cardio exercise you get from it, which helps with the weight control. It helps people lose weight (or not gain weight) without being much of a strain on the joints. And take it with a pinch of salt if doctors tell you, you will not be working for months to come - you might get fit sooner. Good luck in finding a solution for yourself. Best wishes - Constanze
 
I'm sorry, i messed things up here.
I need a moderator to instruct me how to reply to a post that is further up the page.
I can usually figure this stuff out, I'm stumped.
 
@Fighting Fear hi, I certainly understand you anxiety. I have been fighting this lightheadedness, not knowing why but I think that's way at it is, if I just take a quarter of a xanax, I feel better but I was getting where I didn't want to go to the store for fear I'd fall down. I am 9 weeks yesterday and would think this should be leveling off but anything that happens stressful sends me Over.......I cry a lot too, we gotta just hang. My mom used to say, when you are at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
 
Hi Jacey. I have no idea how to start my own thread, but I would very much like to help others and learn more.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom