Guest viewing is limited

THR Oops I did something<

It’s been about 8 weeks. I still have pain. I thought by now there would be very minimal pain. I wake up in pain and stiff. I’m ok on Tylenol but am getting nervous because I have to go back to work soon and thought by now I would be pain free. I’ve been walking as much as I can
Walking as much as you can might not be the best idea.
Hope you are still icing!
Achy tight legs can last for many more months
 
When do you have pain? Is it while at rest? I can make my muscles hurt and sore but after rest they're fine and no pain while resting.

My pain is usually after resting. When I sit in the car or drive anything but a short distance I have trouble after getting out of car. Very stiff in the morning.
 
It’s been about 8 weeks. I still have pain. I thought by now there would be very minimal pain. I wake up in pain and stiff. I’m ok on Tylenol but am getting nervous because I have to go back to work soon and thought by now I would be pain free. I’ve been walking as much as I can
Walking as much as you can might not be the best idea.
Hope you are still icing!
Achy tight legs can last for many more months

I don’t walk a lot right now. Maybe 3/4 of a mile if that every other day. I have not iced but at night that feels good. I guess I’m nervous because I walk a lot at work. I’m a teacher’s aide and i follow the kids from room to room. I go to a classroom and then sit for 40 minutes and repeat. My incision is still tender.
 
My incision has some tenderness, I can't carry my wallet in my back pocket and sitting sometimes irritates it depending on seat and what pants. I get stiffness but doing PT or getting out and moving loosens it up again. I still do 2 PT sessions a day.
 
I walk alot at work also and it was mostly noticeable when I stopped.
Mostly quad and groin pain. Plus that energy drain. Only two months out, and returning to work expends alot of our healing energy. At least for me. I did it..but when I got home I would have to hit the recliner and stay on ice.
I'm pretty sure this was exactly normal description of how I was feeling.
Hope you rest up on the weekend..unfortunately some of it just takes time.
 
I walk alot at work also and it was mostly noticeable when I stopped.
Mostly quad and groin pain. Plus that energy drain. Only two months out, and returning to work expends alot of our healing energy. At least for me. I did it..but when I got home I would have to hit the recliner and stay on ice.
I'm pretty sure this was exactly normal description of how I was feeling.
Hope you rest up on the weekend..unfortunately some of it just takes time.

Thank you both so much. I thought by now I wouldn’t have any pain. I’m going to take my strong pain pills with me that I will take if it gets too much in the morning after I get to work.
 
Pain pills at work, sounds like fun! I'd take it easy on the pain pills. Seriously I get stiffness but once moving I'm fine. I'm long past tylenol or any other pain relievers, haven't taken anything in quite a while. I've been doing my best to over do it and so far so good as long as I take a break now and then.
Do you do any stretching exercises to keep loose?
 
I called my OS today and asked if I wax on the right track. Everything is good. It’s ok to have some discomfort aka pain. Just keep on walking. I felt relieved and that as we know, everyone heals differently.
 
Yes we do all have different recoveries..and different bodies and different levels of deficiencies our bodies had gotten to prior to surgery.
Certainly one of the bonesmart mantras...don't compare recoveries!
Listen to your body..we will get there at different rates with different issues.
Glad you feel positive.
 
Hi there :hi:
At only a little over two months into recovery, from major surgery, it sounds as though you're doing well.
Slow and steady. You'll get there. A little reassurance from the OS always helps.
Hope your week is great!
@spunky268
 
I had my right hip replacement done January 21st. I am doing well. Went back to work about a month ago. I still cannot wear jeans. My right hip still feels slightly swollen. I have iced it but can’t do this at work. Is this normal or should I call my OS?
 
@spunky268 ,
You'll notice that I have merged your newest thread with your original recovery thread. For several reasons, we prefer that you only have one recovery thread:
  • That way, we have all your information in one place. This makes it easier to go back and review your history before providing advice.
  • If you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts and advice others have left for you in the old threads, and some information may be unnecessarily repeated
  • Having only one thread will act as a diary of your progress that you can look back on.
So please post any updates, questions or concerns about your recovery here. If you prefer a different thread title, just post what you want and we'll get it changed for you.
If you need an urgent response to a question, just tag a member of staff.
How to tag another member; how to answer when someone tags you

Here are the instructions on finding your thread, How can I find my threads and posts? . Many members bookmark their thread, so they can find it when they log on.
 
I had my right hip replaced last February. I felt pretty good until this January. I work for a school and thought it was due to being off for Christmas break. I tried walking at home thinking I was out of shape . That did not help. I’m still having pain. I don’t know what to do?
 
Hi, Welcome back. I'm sorry you're struggling. Wondering if you've spoken with your OS, or a member of his care team? If so, what did they have to offer? I'll tag the forum Nurse, @Josephine for you. We'll see if she has some advice for you. Please check back in case she has questions.
@spunky268
 
I also have muscle pain and stiffness on my backside.
 
Can you show me where this pain is using this chart?

[Bonesmart.org] Oops I did something<



After that, I'd quite like to offer you some structured advice but in order to do that, I also need to ask you some questions. Are you willing for me to do that?
 
Boy, that is rough---hard to be in pain, and be working in a school! How long have you had bitter cold temperatures in Pittsburg? Have you noticed increased pain before with barometric changes?
 
@spunky268 I see you gave me an "agree" on my last post but first I need you to tell me where your pain is.
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom