TKR Onwards and upwards - my journey continues

Status
Not open for further replies.
How are you today robynhood ? Lovely to see a photo of you and your granddaughter. :) Are you in pain, did the consultant do an X-ray, is it below the knee that's painful or is the joint tender as well?

Hugs,
Sue. :console2:
 
Hi Sue. No he didnt do an x ray he could tell by examination there was nothing fractured or broken. The pain is starting to wear off but it's still painful in the same place. Near the bottom of the scar left hand side. The photo was taken at Chester Zoo yesterday. We had a lovely day. All you could hear was "come on Nanny Pat follow me" grandchildren are a godsend arent they.
 
Yes indeed, they are lovely. We have a 2 year old who is stubborn though, just like his dad was! Our granddaughters are so easy by comparison with their baby brother.
Sue.
 
2.40 and I'm still awake. When does your sleep pattern ever get back to normal if ever. Been amusing myself reading Bionic woman2 thread. She makes me giggle. Guess youve got to have a sense of humour to get thru this op. O well back to counting sheep. Goodnite/morning everyone.
 
Hi Pat, I just caught up on your thread. I'm glad to hear that you didn't fracture your knee, but I'm so to hear that your knee is still quite swollen and giving you grief. :console2:

I love you new avatar picture! What a nice memory photo of you and your little cutie-patutie at the zoo! Sweet!
 
Hiya Pat, sorry that your knee is taking so long to recover from your fall. But at least you know there is no damage, all it needs is is tlc.

As for sleep patterns, well who knows. There was a time when I thought I had cracked it, but lately it's been a bit hit and miss for me. I have even taken a sleeping pill two or three nights. They're not prescribed, got them over the counter from Boots, called 'Sleepeaze'. The first time I took the two as stated on the box and although they knocked me out, I felt a bit zombieish the next day and rather short tempered. So now I just take the one and that works well and I feel fine the next day. I don't want to get reliant on them though.

Your newly decorated bedroom sounds lovely. I know what you mean about having spent so much time in that room it does feel a bit like a prison and you really do go off it. But that does wear off eventually.

Your new avatar phot is lovely of you and Robyn, bless her. She is adorable and it's understandable how you can't get enough of her, but glad that you are spending time with her now. I hope the situation with your sons is warming a bit? :flwrysmile:
 
Hello Pat,
How are you doing?
I hope your knee has recovered from its fall. We have had some lovely sunny days this week, I hope you have too. It is so cheering before the darker days and nights.
Take care,
Hugs Toothfairy x :friends: :bicycle2:
 
Good morning Pat,
Just popping by too say hello, how are you doing?
Sending a hug, TF x
:friends:
 
Happy weekend Pat,
I am missing your chat. :umm:
How is your knee doing?
I haven't seen you around for a bit. I hope you are just having a kneecation.
Take care and let us know how you are doing when you have a moment.
Hugs Toothfairy x :flwrysmile:
 
Hi Pat, haven't heard from you in a little while and wanted to find out how you were and if you'd gotten over the fall. It nearly happened to me the other day when I was coming down the stairs. I managed to grab hold of the bannister, but even that really shook me up.

Jaki is off line at the moment. She moved house, but now has to wait for BT to connect her. Sue (Dabber) is also off line. She has some health issues that's she's having to cope with. Hope things get better for her soon.

Have you come across a knee immobiliser? Apparently they use them in the USA. You wear them at night to keep your leg straight. They have another machine which they wear during the day to encourage bend. Its all new to me. The immobiliser sounds like an instrument of torture, so I'm not hankering after one. I just get amazed at what is/isn't on offer.

Hope you are in good spirits. Carol
 
Hello Pat, I am thinking about you and hope you are well.
You are missed.
Take care, hugs Toothfairy x :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile:
 
Well today is 52 weeks since I was a nervous wreck and had my TKR. When my consultant gave me the news it was 12 months recovery at least I really didnt believe him. But he's been proved perfectly correct. In this last week I have noticed the numbness has gone and I can feel the left side of my knee again. Everything else has recovered really well. I have a lovely neat scar. My Rom as always is not brilliant but it allows me to do everything I want to do that I couldn't do before. That awful Bone on bone pain is a distant memory now, I can walk longer distances with no pain at all. The longer I walk the better it feels, which is opposite to how it used to be. Sitting down every ten minutes or so in agony. Standing in queues is no longer a problem. As is climbing stairs properly up and down. I've had days when I thought I wish I had never had it done but now IM SO PLEASED I DID. I've met so many friends on this forum who I could never have coped without. Always there with help and advice with the knowledge they knew what you were going through. Some I'm keeping in touch with away from the forum which is nice. So from me a sincere ThANK YOU to forum advisors, our fairy godmother Josephine, and not forgetting my fellow bonesmarties for being there for me. My consultant dosent want to see me now for 2 years so I'm really hoping my right knee will go the distance. I know it will need replacing some time in the future but I will be safe in the knowledge help will be at hand with Bonesmart. The bestest ever forum on the planet. I will keep popping in from time to time to see how you are all doing. Hugs to everyone x x x
 
Hello Pat your message filled me with joy and with sadness. Joy to hear that you finally got there. We hear the phrase so often and after a while, as the months roll on I know that I, for one, have begun to doubt. To hear that you can stand in queues, walk up and down stairs and live a life not dominated by your knee is the most inspiring post I have ever read. Its inspiring because you weren't able to get there via the fast lane - that's great for those who do, but people like me find it hard to relate to the lucky ones. Every time I feel the tears coming on I shall read your message (I have printed it out and it sits on my desk).

Now for the sadness. Oh Pat, I thought you would ALWAYS be on Bonesmart - offering comfort and support to so many people. I remember when I decided to give BS a rest for a while YOU were one who welcomed me back. You touched so many of us. And you did all this when you were not in the best of places yourself. You say you will keep popping in from time to time. That's good to hear, but I know that it means you will pop in less and less as time passes. I know that's how it should be. But its so sad nonetheless.

There's nothing left to say except to wish you all the very best. We may see you again if and when knee 2 needs doing. Thank you Pat. Enjoy your life and your children/grandchildren.
 
Hello Pat, so good to read your post. :goodpost:
Such an inspiring post. :yes!:
I am so pleased to hear that things have finally reached a good conclusion for knee one as you have not had it easy.
Congratulations on your first year anniversary. :martini:
I have missed your posts on here. You have supported so many people and given lots of good advice.
You are an important part of the support system for so many of us.
I really appreciate the support and friendship that I have had from you over all my time here.
I hope your popping in will be frequent.
Good luck for a happy pain free future and thank you again for all your support,
Hugs, Toothfairy x :flwrysmile:
 
Great news Pat for your first anniversary of your knee. Lovely photo of you and granddaughter at Chester Zoo. I spend many a day in my childhood at Chester Zoo. I was born and lived in Winsford Cheshire till I married at 20 and moved to New Zealand. I remember buying a rubber snake and putting it in my little sister's bed! Well, I thought it was funny.... she didn't!
 
Congratulations Pat! :yay: You just reminded me it has been a year for me next week. Woo Hoo! I agree it is so much better now. My second one is iffy enough to cause me to get it done now because I do not want to get back to not being able to do things again. I have too much to do! I hope I will get to chat with you again when you drop by.... Thanks for sharing our recoveries together and your life in your part of the world. Good luck. :friends:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom