Guest viewing is limited

TKR Onwards and upwards - my journey continues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Fernie. So nice to hear from you. Will check your thread to see how you are.
 
How is your knee doing today Pat? I hope it beginning to feel a bit better.
Maybe another day of rest and ice and chocolate just to be sure it is on the right road.
Hugs Toothfairy x :wink:
 
The only part of my knee that troubles me on my left knee on the outside just at the bottom. It is still very swollen there from my fall so I might give my OS a ring Monday morning if it isn't any better. Im sure you can't damage the actual replacement but something dosent feel right

Sounds like a good plan Pat to get it checked out if it still feels wrong by Monday. Hope it settles over the weekend. Lots of rest and ice for you too.
Hugs TF x :happydance: :kittykiss:
 
I hope it's OK and settles. I go on Wed. Do you have a number for your consultant's secretary? I don't, I have to ring the hospital and they make me an appointment.
 
Yeah that's what I will do Sue see if I can see Mr Banim in the week. Hopefully wont need to and it will settle down.
 
I hope so, but they are so helpful there. I don't know what I'm going to say on Wed, I feel like I don't want to upset my surgeon! That's being silly of course, but I just wish the swelling wasn't so bad and the knee so tight. I wondered whether the weather had something to do with it. It makes me feel I've done something wrong. Dh is suggesting we go to Liverpool today....
 
Is your knee recovering after the fall, Pat?
:console2:
 
Well my knee is still quite painful from my fall and still quite swollen. Its usually quite flat. I've enclosed a phot o. I think a call to the GP or hospital might be helpful. [Bonesmart.org] Onwards and upwards - my journey continues
 
Yes give them a call, it's a very neat scar. Is the swelling to the bottom at the left did you say?
Sue.
 
Yes Sue. Just at the bottom of the scar to the left.nits really stiff today and very painful. I've just phoned and have an appt this evening at 7.45. Will put my mind at rest anyway. Yes nice neat scar isnt it.
 
Sorry to hear that your knee is still sore Pat but really pleased to hear you have an appointment tonight.
Finger crossed everything is ok.
I will watch out for a post telling us how you get on.
Hugs
Toothfairy x :console2:
 
Hi Pat, how did you get on at the hospital tonight? What is the verdict on your poor battered knee?
Toothfairy x
 
Pat, are you OK? I'm coming for my 3 month post op today, I don't need to ask at the hospital for you do I?

Sue.
 
Hi Sue. Sorry family problems at the moment. No im not in the hospital thankfully. My knee is still swollen and he was concerned about that but he couldn't feel any fractures or damage. Just advised a lot of rest and icing and it could take weeks for the pain to go. He said I was very lucky as it was quite a fall. I had an appt in November concerning my right knee and he had a look at that while I was there. As I have had no pain or problems with it he said hopefully he won't see me again for at least 2 years. Good Luck with your appt today. Dabber
 
Good morning Pat,
Firstly your knee, I am sorry to hear it is still swollen and painful but I am very glad you have had it checked out.
It's reassuring that he could feel no fractures or damage. Hopefully with rest and ice it will settle.
It must be a weight off your mind to know you don't have to think about your right knee for a while.

So sorry to hear that things are still challenging on the family front. Life is just so unfair at times.
Sending a hug and a shoulder to cry on. I am there for you,
Hugs, Toothfairy x :console2: :flwrysmile:
 
Oh dear Pat, I'm sorry to hear problems are ongoing.

I'm hoping my knee, t'other one will last a few more years; then I was thinking maybe a matching pair or maybe I'd try to find somewhere that does a high flex one, I'll see how my new baby one goes anyway.

Hugs,
Sue :console2:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom