Guest viewing is limited

THR Onward and upward

Yes thank you @BlueSkiesHere it is great to have the knee functioning so well now! Your comment about PTs with a gentle approach being a rarity in the States made me smile though..... they are very few and far between here in Australia too and actually, this PT I'm going to is Dutch and he trained in the Netherlands!

Your advice last week about a day of rest after overdoing it was great, @mendogal. I did absolutely nothing the next day and really felt so much better the following day. But old dogs clearly don't learn new tricks: I had to repeat the remedy again today after being out and about yesterday! Talk about a slow learner!:heehee:
 
Repeat offenders are why our Over-Did It Club (ODIC) has such a booming membership! :heehee: You have plenty of company. Just try to learn from each experience so that maybe you temper your activity just a bit. For example, if you want to do errands, just plan one or two and then come home. Or try doing a home task sitting in a chair or on a stool instead of standing. Keep in mind that all this is temporary. It will pass with some time and you’ll be back to normal again.
 
Happy Three Month Anniversary!
I hope you're becoming a less frequent visitor in the ODIC.
How are you doing, Cillacat? We haven't heard from you in awhile. Let us know how it's going when you have a minute. We'd love to hear from you. :)
@Cillacat
 
Thank you so much @Layla! I find it hard to believe that I am already 3 months post op. Fortunately things have gone very well for me for this second hip, a very different experience from last time. I am exercising at a fairly low level with a few gentle strengthening PT exercises 3 times a week (with the instruction to stop if it hurts) but mostly just walking most days. I walk without a cane much of the time now, and can walk for about 40-45 minutes several times a week. I am still under instruction from my PT NOT to increase more than 5 mins a week, and only then for 2 or possibly 3 walks in that week, with the others being shorter. I use a cane if I am tired and I often have a couple of total rest days each week when I lie around, elevate my legs and just laze around. I had enough visits to the ODIC club to finally more or less learn to listen to my body! I feel very lucky and so relieved to have both the hips behind me now. I am also very grateful to have had access to your advice and the support of this wonderful Bonesmart community, thank you all so much! :loveshwr:
 
Great update, I think most difficult part is learning to listen to our bodies. Once we learn it's a much easier journey for sure.
 
Thank you so much for a lovely update! It's so encouraging, particularly as I've got number 2 hip coming up. I just love hearing people are moving on and living their lives post hip replacement. That will be me, is what fills my heart :flwrysmile:
 
Thank you so much @Leedogmom2! I am just so pleased to be at this point as it seems no time ago that I was waiting to go into surgery and hoping the recovery wouldn't be too daunting, I was so afraid after my experience of the first hip last year. Here's to the next 6 months of onward and upward for all of us!
 
Thank you @myglasshalffull. I do wonder why it has taken me 72 years to learn to listen to my body..... and I must admit, I am still not perfect at it! :heehee:

Thank you too for your good wishes @Deni444. I was dreading my second hip replacement and it's fabulous to already be at this point. The three months has passed very quickly and it's been so much easier than last time so I hope you share the same experience and we are soon reading positive updates on your progress post surgery very soon! :yes!:
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom