Only two weeks to go and I have a cold !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zinc is found in a variety of foods Kim.. Mr Google will give you lots to choose from and include in your diet.
 
Hey,
I noticed it says snow for tomorrow Kim22, good grief haven't we had enough already!! My surgery notes say keep yourself warm before your surgery but that's easier said than done isn't it!! :heehee:
 
Your surgery date will be here before you know it and you do have time to build yourself up from your cold just load up on vitamin C. I thought I was coming down with a cold yesterday, I started with the vitamin C and by last night it had seemed to go away. You will have a good experience too with your surgery. The main thing is to stay ahead of the pain. I never said no when the nurses asked me if I wanted more pain med's and since being home we have followed the time to take the med's before the pain kicked in.
 
Look after yourself and try not to get stresses about the cold. You're doing all the right stuff. So next stop new hip. X. Good luck.
Aud
 
Thanks Audball for your positive post
 
Just been to see the Nurse Practitioner at the GPs surgery about my cold which is getting better but not as fast as I would like and I thought it a good idea to have bacterial infection eliminated. It's good news my chest is clear and there are no signs of a secondary infection.She said this cold as it is at the moment would not stop me from having my operation on Monday and of course I still have 5 more days to recover. So I am very relieved and back in the positive mode again and getting excited about having my new hip.
 
Good Kim, now chill out til your op. Buy yourself a treat before going in, I bought new jammies to cheer myself up.... I'm so sad. Pmsl
 
So glad you are feeling better. Onward and upward toward that new pain free life! :happydance:
 
That's great news Kim22, you now know that it's all good and ready to go!! Audball that's so funny and I've done exactly the same thing!
 
Audball What is it about new jammies that makes us feel so good? :) That's my go-to pick me up too! Kim22 Glad to hear your cold won't be a problem. Good luck with the new hip...I'll be praying for you on Monday!!
 
Thank you to you all for your nice comments and well wishes and Audball I already treated myself to a new sexy pair of jammies from M & S on their last 20% off day. They have silky bottoms for moving around the bed easily after the op but I fear they might not fit.
 
Kim22 I've been watching your cold, not as well as I should have, but there are only so many posts one can read in a day LOL. I am so very glad you're well enough! You know what I'm wishing? That there was a master calendar with everybody's dates on it, so a person could consult that daily and know who they should pay more attention to as the time grows near. (hint hint mods?)
So.... I have to buy slithery jammies? Not my cuppa.... I'm old "Ms t-shirt-and-panties" myself. I guess I need slithery undies.:blush: I can't wait till putting on undies is not a major undertaking. Ya know? :umm:
 
That sounds like a good idea as you say there are only so many posts one can read in a day and I keep missing things .
 
Good news that your cold is getting better:) Too bad it hasn't gone away completely. So you got yourself some sexy silky PJ's....good idea. I never thought about the easy sliding abilities. I wore the hospital gown...I'm boring. But I found it more comfortable with the incision and getting up and down for the bathroom, no pants to slide down and disturb it. I brought PJ's with just didn't use them. Take care and hope you get rid of that cold.
 
I've got some new PJs and I treated myself to a new cuddly, fluffy dressing gown!! :whistle: Sad or what!!
 
My daughter got me a lovely cosy and soft dressing gown for my birthday ! I am keeping it to wear in the hospital. How are you ? Not long for you to wait now!
 
A little bit of snuggling is good for you!! I'm in quite a bit of pain today so really just need to get packed and have Saturday here and over now I think! How are you, all ready for Monday?
 
Getting there thanks. All my equipment is installed and I have prepared a few meals which are in the freezer.Like you just ready to go. Sorry you are in pain, funny enough I have been in less pain over the past 2 days despite the snow and Siberian conditions which is good in one sense but the doubts creep back in. I have to tell myself that my hip consists of bare bone and its not going to get better on its own. I am doing the Preop exercise 3 times a day now hoping that I will benefit from them after the op.Its unusual to have surgery on a Saturday. Are you going private ?
 
Hi Kim22 yes I'm am going private, my husband has had private insurance with his job and when he was made redundant end of last year we took the option to continue paying as long as we could afford to because I was having so many problems. He has a new job now :egypdance: thank goodness and I work full time but yes I've been very lucky! I don't have any equipment, what have you been given? They did mention taking home a loo seat and a walking stick, (at a charge no doubt) but that's all. I know what you mean about having doubts on 'good' days!! Earlier this week I was feeling really good and thinking to myself 'do I really need this op' so actually the pain today is a wake up call that 'yes I do!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom