Guest viewing is limited

Only two weeks to go and I have a cold !

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 2 loo seats ( 1 for upstairs and 1for down, a mattress to raise the height of the bed, a cushion for the car and for sitting on lower seats, a perching stool for use at the dressing table and they have raised one of the armchairs by fixing some plastic castors underneath. I was amazed at all the stuff and all I have had to buy to date is a sock aid and 2 reachers . It may be worth asking your GPs surgery if you are entitled to a referral to the Community OT Team.Its worth a try.
We also had Private Health Care via my husbands work which was great but when he took early retirement in 2009 neither of us had any health issues so unfortunately we let it go.
 
Wow that's a lot of stuff isn't it!! OT didn't seem to think I'd need anything when I spoke to her last week but if I do struggle I'll do what you've suggested and speak to my GP.
 
I think it depends on the type of THR you have as there are a number of people on this site have few restrictions after surgery .They have the anterior approach which doesn't seem so common up here in the north.What we do have is a new programme known as The Enhanced Recovery Programme which consists of an integrated team who give you loads of support when you get home to make sure you don't spend too long in hospital A Preop visit from the OT is part of the scheme.
 
My surgery is scheduled for 18th March and I have gone and caught a cold! I don't believe it so annoying. I am just hoping and praying that I manage to shake it off before the big day as if cancelled it would be classed as medical issue and the NHS would have no obligation to reschedule within 28 days as they would if they had cancelled it.
I just want to get this over and done with to get my life back I must admit I don't want to spend a third summer debilitated.
Hi Kim,
Don't know how I missed the posts on your cold.Just teens you a post and never asked how you are doing.
How have things worked out? Hope all is well and you are back on top and ready to head in for your surgery and pass over on the 18th.
All the best ,
Overly
 
BarbaraR thank you for your good wishes.How is work going ?
 
Kim22 and zauberflöte, it's going ok. The first day was totally draining, and if I had thought it through, I would have gone back part time at first. I was off on Tuesday, but I was a mess. Yesterday was better-- I was able to lie down for about 15 minutes at lunch, and we finished a little early. Today will be the test. I go in at noon and work till 8 on Thursdays, and I'm usually really tired in the evening. But I do have a long break in the late afternoon, so I hope to be able to rest again. Thanks for asking!
 
Sounds like you're ready to go Kim. I was like a dog going to the vet when my date came... you know, I suddenly thought I was fine. Lol. Barbara take it easy at work. Sorry I was hardly o yesterday. I did something silly.... I helped my dad put a roof on a tin shed. I felt ok at the time ( up a ladder putting the screws in. ) then slept from 7 last night. .. til nearly 8 this morning. Oh....and I drove the car. Knee was a bit sore, but my hip feels great. X
 
Kim22 I hope that cold is squarely in your past today? :)
Audball you sound exactly like a US friend of mine named Audrey, who would use Audball if she'd thought of it LOL. She's always doing crazy things like putting up roofs while injured...
So......wait, you're not even three weeks post-op???:yikes: and you're up on the ladder???:yikes: I wish I could hope for something like that. :wink: I hope you will continue to be fine from that, um, adventure!!! Didja get a sunburn?
 
Littlejem They may give you equipment when you are discharged from hospital. Don't worry if you don't have it now - just discuss this with the OH or physio staff when you are there.

Sounds like both of you are more than ready for this journey. Not long now!
 
Audball -roofing? and barely 2 weeks post op! That's brave of you. How was it? I'm envious that you were even able to go outside, never mind up on a ladder. Good for you! You sound like your recovery is going right along.
Littlejem, you're having your surgery in 2 days! Good luck sweetie. You'll do great.:) Like everyone says, stay ahead of the post op pain as much as you can. You'll be home and on the mend before you know it. I wish you the best, and let us know how you're doing when you're feeling up to it, ok?
Kim22,how's the cold? I bet it's hardly there by your surgery date. And if you have no fever or lung issues, it shouldn't be a problem anyway. Sounds like you're all set for your post op recouperation at home. That was smart! You'll be glad when you get home that you got everything ready in advance. Just like Littlejem, you'll be home before you know it! With a healthy new hip at that! So good luck, honey, and let us know how you're doing. I'll be thinking of both of you!
Gee BarbaraR I didn't realize you were going back to work. Sounds like you have a full schedule already. Take it easy, rest when you can, and don't get too tired. You're still regaining all of your strength back. Good luck today on your long day. Maybe you can get out early if it's not too busy.
Bye for now ladies.
 
ByGosh, FYI. I have edited your post so Kim and Barbara would be tagged. You cannot put a hyphen after the user name. The computer makes it part of the name and since it really isn't, it doesn't tag.
 
Wishing you well on your surgery. Cannot wait to see your postings on the other side
 
Chris and Bygosh, my mum usually moans if i try to do things but she was taking so long, it was bugging me standing twiddling my thumbs, so i started to help and she went off to drop something to my niece. lol. It was done when she got back. When i took my 4 year old to nursery though, one of the teachers said "what are you doing out?"....I said phsio would be glad that i'm trying. :bicycle2: This will be me next. lol
 
I actually fell over in the garden as i was doing it and landed on some dirt and a brick, then wondered why i had a sore bum. Ooooops
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom