Sara61
Staff member since March 23, 2020
- Joined
- Oct 1, 2019
- Messages
- 2,957
- Gender
- Female
- Country
Portugal
5 months today "wow" has time flown, on the whole new knee is behaving and mostly pain free, it still gets stiff if I stay in one position to long ( it does like to be moved. ) and if I over do things then I'm quickly reminded 
My only form of exercise is ADL, walking the dogs for 60 minutes daily and gardening.
I don't worry as much about aches /pains as from what I've learnt from BoneSmart it's all normal in this yearly process. Weather has helped enormously today is 28 degrees (too hot for March) but I'm enjoying it and so are my bones.
I have final appointment with the surgeon in April (6months)
My only gripe is my good knee is now playing up which is slightly concerning as would prefer not too have another surgery for the time being....
Hope my posts are helpful to others xxx
My only form of exercise is ADL, walking the dogs for 60 minutes daily and gardening.
I don't worry as much about aches /pains as from what I've learnt from BoneSmart it's all normal in this yearly process. Weather has helped enormously today is 28 degrees (too hot for March) but I'm enjoying it and so are my bones.
I have final appointment with the surgeon in April (6months)
My only gripe is my good knee is now playing up which is slightly concerning as would prefer not too have another surgery for the time being....
Hope my posts are helpful to others xxx

is there any vitamins I should be taking, - I have increased my walking as we live in the countryside so are able to venture outdoors without the risk of contamination/contaminating anyone with covid19.

6 months post op today it's certainly gone fast, initially a rollercoaster of emotions/pain swelling etc etc but somewhere between 5 & 6 months Mrs. Knee decided to calm down probably as I have come to my senses and no longer insist on trying to run before it's time to learn to walk. After following loads of sensible advice on this forum I've managed to reduce the swelling and with it the tight band feeling has gone, my scar is fading nicely (photo below ) however I do daily rub bio oil onto it, maybe it's the massage effect but also it keeps it hydrated and soft.


I'm sure i will sleep well tonight 
I'll send my DH your way he is dead set on getting me fit haha - amazing how unfit you become so quickly, jolly feeling my knees and everything else this morning but positive I can do this, also a good way to occupy oneself during this virus.
Advice needed any suggestion for a very itchy knee - like all oddities in this recovery I'm assuming this is normal, the numbness seems to be wearing off but this evening my knee has become incredibly itchy.. anyone experienced similar and if so any fast remedy out there this will drive me nuts lol 