Guest viewing is limited

TKR One Year Post Surgery

That is exactly one of the destinations I have as a goal after recovery. I love love love hiking. Good for you and thanks for the awesome pics !
 
My ambition prior to my knee surgery last year was to hike to the start of a waterfall high up in the Peneda Geres National park mountains in tbe North of Portugal, today I ACCOMPLISHED it, my knee behaved perfectly, was stable and firm, both on the steep climb up and precarious climb down. I now can honestly say the hard after surgery pain and the restless months were worth it.
Photo attached, me walking beside the levada ( water irrigation channels) and the start of the waterfall and view of our village below.:yes!:
Wow! What a beautiful hike! The motivation for replacing my knees is to continue hiking and I hope to have a similar exciting hike for my one year anniversary. I've just read most of your recovery thread and it is inspiring.
 
Almost 14 months post surgery and on the whole I'm extremely happy with the end results, however the last couple of days my knee is giving me a wee bit of grief, it feels tight and stiff, but doesn't look swollen, the click is slightly more noticeable too, I can only put it down to maybe having been more active, walking between 6000- 10000 steps per day, also the weather has turned wet, damp and chilly so maybe that is also a factor, trouble is I tend to over think things and imagine the worst, I've decided for the next couple of days to :ice: & elevate it and maybe take the odd paracetamol however, other than an odd feeling there is actually no pain so I'm reluctant to take any medication, as I'm sure this is normal with overdoing things.
My right knee if all goes well, is scheduled to be replaced next year, although I know what to expect it is still daunting nevertheless :flabber: sending virtual hugs to all my Bonesmartie friends :friends:
 
I bet the weather and your increased activities are contributing to pain and stiffness. Your plans for the next few days sounds like a good idea.
 
@sistersinhim hopefully you can answer this question for me. I have recently been prescribed Dolocalma which is metamizol magnesico, is this the same as Tramadol, from reading the pamphlets it does say only take in extreme pain, was wondering how I interact this with my paracetamol 1g for example on a bad day I'm taking paracetamol every 6-8 hours would I then only take this at night instead of paracetamol.
Was a bit alarmed to read online that it has been banned in the USA why is that ?
Although I've only had 1 day that pain shot off the charts, I'm assuming that as he prescribed 120 pills ( 2 boxes of 60) I have worse pain to come ...
Anyway would appreciate your help xxx
 
Sara, I'm sorry, but I have no idea what that is. When I googled it, it said the only country it's available in is Portugal and didn't list any side effects. I'd be afraid of it if I were you. Can you ask your doctor for something else that doesn't sound so scary?
 
:flabber: :flabber: @sistersinhim I seem to recall having taken it before, as the name is familiar, I think it was after my riding accident about 10 years ago, I will try and see if I can get some clarification from my doctor, is quite alarming that only Portugal recommends it :unsure:
 
The searches I conducted says that the drug was named due to adverse reactions, most severe is Agranulocytosis, an acute condition involving a severe and dangerous drop in the white blood cell count.
There have been suggestions that there may be genetic factors that increase/decrease the risk and many think Spaniards, for whatever reason, don't seem as susceptible.
Apparently, there was a lot of British tourists who had frightening experiences with the drug that caused attention to be drawn to this medication...hence the ban.
 
Almost 2 years post surgery on my left knee, Reading back to my first posts, wow! I have come a long way, my knee today is strong, pain free and does what it is intended for, I still get the occasional clicking sound, especially if I overdo things but on the whole is barely noticeable.
I'm still not over confident kneeling, so have taught myself other ways off getting off the floor to be honest I usually try to avoid anything that requires myself to kneel.
For those of you starting this journey, it does get better, the first few months seems like hell but if you keep yourselves medicated and follow the BoneSmart guidelines then in time you too will reap the benefits.
I'm just about to start this journey all over again, my right knee has decided that it too wants to be pain-free and strong, surgery booked for early December, sooner if a cancellation occurs -hopefully I'm now better prepared and kinda know what to expect, keep telling myself look at your left knee and be positive.
Sending hugs to you all, past, present and future BoneSmarties. :roseshwr:
 
:happydance:All Temporary became my Recovery Mantra....
Helps so much to know there are better days ahead.

I'm sure you will do great, my friend
 
Congratulations on your anniversary! Its amazing how much better that knee becomes during the year. I hope you continue to get stronger every month.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom