TKR One Year Post Surgery

Have you tried anti itch hydrocortisone cream?
In the short term, a bit of icing might help. I once had prickly heat, which is really annoying, and this helped.
 
@ tykey Thankfully I found some E45 itch relief and that seems to have done the trick - how odd for no reason whatsoever it just started to itch near what is the numb part, as it's still semi numb it was a weird sensation trying to itch it as I just wasn't feeling it :yikes:
 
I had the itching and it was inside my knee. I thought it'd drive me crazy! I even tried patting on it to try and relieve it. It did seem to help, but maybe it was all in my head! Who cares as long as it worked!
 
My knees just started that crazy itchy feeling last night. So weird to feel itchy & when you touch the area it’s totally numb! What helped me was icing it.
 
@pamsknees it feels so weird, worst part was, I was afraid I would damage the skin by scratching as it had no feeling being numb- thankfully the cream worked and skin is still intact. Hope yours is feeling better xxx
 
@Sara61 - I was afraid I’d damage mine too as I couldn’t feel myself scratching it. I put ice on it & it went away...... I hope it doesn’t come back! It’s odd to touch you knee & feel nothing
 
Feeling disgruntled all it takes is one silly movement and now knee back on the :ice: yesterday evening must have been sitting awkwardly on the sofa and upon standing a big ouch on my outer side of the knee which after a few minutes started swelling - left me momentarily crippled, :flabber:immediately got the ice out ( not used ice in months) and took a iberbrufen 400mg - this morning feels better but still quite sore- bit of swelling so will ice again today. Just shows you that at nearly 7 months it's still very sensitive to certain movements.

On the funny side my DH was trying to prove how flexible he is and did some sort of leg extension on the wall whilst trying to touch his toes at the same time .. Lol he can hardly move today too :rotfl: we are like a bunch of old cronies :heehee:

Stay safe xxx
 
It's amazing how one little miss-movement can anger these knees. You did the right thing by grabbing the ice. I still have ice packs in my freezer, just in case!

Hopefully, as the day goes on you'll be feeling much better.
 
So sorry you tweaked your knee! I stupidly sat down weird a few weeks ago and twisted mine, I'm not even 100% sure what I did but man did it smart for a couple days.

I find it amusing when my SO tries to show off and hurts himself, maybe because I'm a little spiteful. Though I'd hate for both of us to be injured at the same time! Hope you both are feeling better!
 
@sondrals - just like you I'm not overly sure how I did it but heck I'm sure paying the price - have tried resting it most of the day so hopefully in a few days will have calmed down xxx Also agree with you about other half being poorly at the same time lol - he doesn't half complain :rotfl:

@sistersinhim -Thanks - Yes am being a good girl and taking it easy today infact my little daschund is "protecting" my knee by sitting almost on top of it :heehee:
Hopefully tomorrow it will be better, as it has knocked the stuffing out of me.:oyvey:
 
.. Lol he can hardly move today too :rotfl: we are like a bunch of old cronies :heehee:
Some years ago, my husband and I were watching TV, he was laying on a heating pad, and I forget what my problem was, but our teenage son walked through the room, stopped and shook his head, and told us we were pitiful. As he walked on I called after him that he’d be old someday! :rotfl:
 
Where have the months flown to, tomorrow 10th of June marks 8 months post surgery for my left knee, it certainly was a rollercoaster of a ride both emotionally and physically but somewhere between 7 & 8 months Mrs. knee turned the corner, swelling all gone, the "clicking" barely noticeable ( I'm scared to say that aloud in case I jinx myself :eyebrows: :heehee: ) and suddenly my knee feels so much stronger, my limp has all but disappeared, unless I spend too many hours shopping...:rotfl: Portugal has almost returned to normal and shops, restaurant are all open, our only requirement is that it is compulsory to wear masks in public places and we must sanitize our hands frequently.
There is a very small patch to the outer side of the knee which is numb - I only notice this when I shave my legs :flabber: it's a weird feeling but following the advise from all you Bonesmartie friends I know that this is normal :roseshwr:
For those of you starting your journey I'm proof it really does get better and I know I still have a way to go yet and if I don't do anything silly it can only improve :yes!:
Getting more confident, wore shorts for the 1st time, hoping that if I get my legs a bit browner the scar will not be so noticeable ...
Now if I can shift a few unwanted kilos ( gained during lockdown) I will be a happy chappy sending virtual hugs to you all xx:flwrysmile:
 
It is good to read a success story. I also read with interest your 4/28 entry, where 6 months post surgery one wrong move made you hit the couch. I did a wrong move 15 days post surgery. I think I'm over it now, but to know I need to be careful for months, if not years, is a little bit scary!
 
@Sara61 Nice report.

"Getting more confident, wore shorts for the 1st time, hoping that if I get my legs a bit browner the scar will not be so noticeable ...
Now if I can shift a few unwanted kilos ( gained during lockdown) "


I've been trying to get some sun also on my legs also but I am diligent about using sunscreen on the scar and am getting a white line where I squirted on the sunscreen but I can live with that! (See pic)

I too am trying to shed some post-op/quarantine unwanted pounds as that's the last thing my knees need. It's slow going and frustrating but I am determined to get that weight off. I think many are in the same boat.

Glad to hear you are doing so well!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] One Year Post Surgery
    scar.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 355

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom