Hi
@Sara61,
I had my Right TKR on Oct. 18, 2019. So I am just about at my 4 month post surgery date. I do not post much, but, enjoy reading everyone’s posts and updates. I kept up with your recovery on bonesmart because your surgery date was so close to mine!
1) In just the last week my right knee finally started to feel “normal”. Meaning I have totally forgetten about it.
2) I hardly even talk about it now when it used to be a daily conversational update/complaint to my husband.
3) When I walk, my right knee feels routine and normal - not artificial - this phenomenon is recent as of last week.
4) I sleep through the night but still prefer a pillow between my knees.
5) I can take one step / one leg at a time going upstairs but going down is still tricky for me since my left knee needs surgery next and the whole going downstairs for me is still 2 feet per step anyway.
6) I’ve been a new grandmother since my 3rd week post op. It’s been hard for me physically until recently. Now I can hold the baby with both arms and get off sofa using both sets of quad muscles without suffering for 2 days. I can hold the baby and go up and down stairs slowly but safely.
7) I can go to the gym and use the recumbent bike. If I have any trouble on certain days it’s because of swelling in my non surgery left knee.
8) If I sit for 2 hours in car or restaurant I am stiff when I stand up. It’s mostly now in my non surgery knee but my R surgery knee still needs a few moments to wake up.
9) Not sure what my ROM is but flexion was 125 a while back and extension is now
good. I had trouble with extension for the longest time previously.
10) All good now except for still needing surgery for left knee. I am super nervous about that. Will need to be brave one day and just do it.