TKR one week done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@louie Just do what makes you feel comfortable. If it hurts don't do it! My knee still hurts some towards the top so I just rest and use ice.
 
Extension can be hard. Stay patient and keep gently working to achieve it.
 
Thank you both! The extension is hard, and when my knee starts aching I stop! I will work on it day by day, then ice, rest!
 
Please go slow. It's not a race! You are still early in your recovery and it takes time. I felt like I should be dancing the jig by week 4 but now I am finally learning patience . It can be discouraging and you will have ups and downs but it's expected:tiredwheel:
 
Just wanted to wish you well it sounds like you are doing very well for so early on.I am 8 weeks out and doing pretty well but I use ice and elevate often still also taking pain meds about every 6 hours . I hope you continue your recovery so well;Valere
 
@Pescara, I will take it slow, I promise. It just gets awful boring sitting with ice on my leg. But I am doing that, a lot. So tomorrow is my first visit with out patient pt. Will let you know!!
@mytrose43, thank you. I know healing is a slow process. Icing helps so much, and taking pain med at the right time.
 
Glad to hear you are doing well... Pain had been a problem for me with my left ... Right seems to do so much better.. But when he did left he manipulated the right so it's ahead bc of that... I do my pain meds every 5-6 hrs during the day and usually one. But I'm on percocet and oxycodone (no tylenol).. I take the oxy in between the percocet.. At night I have to take full dose plus I'm still on oxycontin slow release twice a day like every 12 hrs.. I feel like I'll never get off meds.. Extension isn't hard but rom km the left is a killer for me.. It's stiff and slow and hurts.. Like never stops hurting.. I know I'll turn the corner and one day it won't.. I am glad I got them both done at the same time... Next week I think I start pt 2 xs a week... I got a new pt lady that I love so pt had been much much better.. I haven't been out the house yet... I'm getting burnt out.. Nothing on TV.. And I can't concentrate long enough to read lol.. But I've enjoyed company... Keep sharing so I'll know how you are doing

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
@Pansy727, oh thanks for that, I was wondering how you were. Having both done, is amazing to me, knowing now how one is so different from the other. And the not getting out of the house either, I did that with my first surgery, and this time I was out walking some. Both knees seem to feel so strong.
Today I start outpatient pt, and I like that, only because it gets me out. Yeah I am on oxycodone now, 2 every 6 hours, and I ice all the time. Just get tired of sitting, and watching tv. I tried reading, I can't do it either.
So here I sit watching morning news, and drinking my coffee, and read what's on this forum. Love keeping in touch, it really helps so much!
 
@louie it sounds like you are doing well. Being stuck at home is a pain though and I'm glad I found this forum because I was getting fed up playing games on my iPad. I hate daytime TV but I have rewatched some old stuff on Netflix. I wish I could get out of the house but we have a steep driveway and I'm not up to trying it yet. How are you dealing with the actual pain of sitting? My bottom gets so numb and sore. Last night I went to bed at 8 because I just could not sit anymore.
 
@louie I have found it hard to sit still also but worth it in the end. My husband bought me lots of Showtime DVD series to watch. 6 seasons of True Blood,6 of Justified, 3 of Homeland and 8 seasons of Dexter. It makes the day go faster and I can stop anytime I want. Good luck on your PT. Don't over do it! If it hurts tell them to stop and try something different. It's your knee not theirs:doggie:
 
Oh me too, went to bed at 9, for same reason. Was awake at 4, but stayed in bed til 6.
Just taking my time to get ready for pt. It's a beautiful day, and would like to go out and walk, but saving strength!:treadmill::upright:
 
@Pescara, oh I will be very careful, and not overdo it. Will keep u posted.
Your husband had a great idea, cuz watching TV certainly gets boring. When I had my other knee done, the hallmark channel was on the whole time I was healing,and loved the movies that were on.
I love to read, but like the last time, just can't concentrate on a good book. I wonder why? So they sit, and will get to them eventually.
 
Well just had my first outpatient pt appt. Not bad, but I am pooped. No pain at all, and 105 rom, so things are off to a good start. So I am happy, and it may be a long haul, but there is light at the end of the tunnel!!:dancy::egypdance:
 
Nice ROM. And yay for no pain! Sounds like you are doing great.
 
Yes, I am compared to my first surgery, ty! I remember being at 6 months and thinking am I gonna have to settle for what I have now?
 
@louie don't compare to your first surgery. Each one is different. I also can't seem to read. I gave up after reading the same page 3 times. Your PT went great and you should be happy. You will get there. It just takes time.:loveshwr: . Sending lots of hugs
 
@Pescara, I did compare the 2, and I know your right, everyone is different! And boy today I am really tired! No energy whatsoever! So resting, icing, and napping! Just listening to my body.
Hope you are having a better day!
 
sorry it took so long to get back to you ,,cooperstown has a great hospital ,,are you doing your p.t in Sidney ,,l was using the place by the railroad tracks {seico} ??l believe it was called,,nice people,,the V.A gave me 12 sessions there ,on my own now,,hope things are going good with the knee,,Syracuse did mine and its been a rough go from the start,,still using crutch 4 months later,,90 on the ROM ?
 
@sabbath, oh so you know our area, and I agree the hospital is great, and they have a brand new 4th floor for ortho patients, and it was very nice. I do pt in cooperstown also, railroad ave. They are great to work with, you're right.
Sorry to hear your having problems, did you have your surgery at the VA hospital? Have they helped you in any way?? Can you see a different surgeon? Cause after 4 mo, and having problems with your rom, the surgeon should be looking into it? Have you had both knees done; or is this your first surgery?
 
Well, I am 4 weeks out now, and I tried going to church this morning, and got through most of it, but left early. Still a little much, and now I am home and elevation and ice!! I feel better now!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom