TKR one week done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good job you got that infection looked at before it got worse!
Please let us know what your surgeon says.
 
I saw my dr today, and spent some time with me. He checked out my infection, and sure enough it was a stitch that didn't dissolve and he got it out, and cleaned it up, and need to go back next week, when I am done with the antibiotics. I do feel a lot better, knowing it didn't fester! He said it was superficial. So I continue with recovery, and happy I don't have to be hospitalized! !
 
Glad to hear you got it dealt with right away and it doesn't seem to be a major issue.
 
Actually I need some advice, about having a colonoscopy, which I am due to have. How long after a tkr, should I wait?? Right now I am at 10 weeks post op!!
 
I would ask your surgeon bur as far as I am aware, there's no issue anyway.
 
I have had both knees done, ltkr oct 2014, and r tkr in july 2015, and my question is, how long before the stiffness goes away?? I have been back to work about a month now, and on my feet most of the day, and there are some days I feel like I have 20lb weights attached to my knees! There isn't any pain, just stiffness! Any ideas??
 
Well for the July 2015 one I think it wouldn't be unusual to have stiffness still with standing all day. It probably took me a good six months to get rid of the stiffness after standing at all.

For last year's knee--is it stiff all the time or only after you've been on your feet?
 
My last year's knee is stiff after standing for most of the morning and I may sit for a few to give myself a break, but then it stays stiff, and makes me feel tired! Is this gonna be the norm for me?
 
Hi everyone, I have reached my 5 month mark, and this is my second tkr, my other knee was done a year ago. Well, now that both have been done, I actually forget I have had tkr, cause I feel normal again. I went Christmas shopping with my daughters, for the first time in about 3 years, and walked without complaining or that I needed to sit.
I do notice with both knees when I have overdone, they get stiff, but I can live with that.
The other thing I noticed, is that I feel secure on my feet, especially now we are into the winter. Walking through snow, can be tricky, with it being uneven or slippery.
I don't have any more pain at all, and my rom on both is 125, and extension at 0, so I feel lucky that I got through this and am happy. So I want to wish everyone, a Happy New Year! :cheers2::cheers::beer:
 
Louie - that's great news!!!!! I love being on the other side of the other side, too. :ok::cheers::yahoo:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom