Knee Infection* One Good Leg.

@KarriB I hope your father is feeling a little better, that the depression eases up. Let him know you have his work ethic and that you can't wait for him to get better so he can take back his jobs:) My husband was sick for a while and it used to upset him that I had to do so much around the house-not that there was much because our boys would come by and do the yard work. He would suffer from depression with it..He needed to get healthy and take these jobs back because I really didn't want to take them:)
 
Thanks everyone! My sister said he actually ate a chicken pot pie and some popcorn (with the movie). Not having an appetite is part of the problem and adding to his lack of energy. Today he felt he had more energy which is probably directly related to his eating something good (not counting the pies).
 
I'm glad to hear you Dad ate something and feels a bit more energetic. It's hard when you get old - you don't just bounce back as you want to.
I know that my father would have made the most difficult patient. He would have hated having to rely on someone else to do things for him.
 
Celle he has said he thinks this hip replacement is different/harder because he's two years older than when he had his knee done. I'm quarantined from their house because of my cold/flu.
 
My dad got in the car yesterday, drove to the grocery store and shopped. My mother whatever helps him to get out of this funk is ok with her. I talked to him today and he certainly sounds more like himself. He's wondering how long until he'll be allowed to bend over to pick things up. He's carrying a picker upper everywhere, but I told him I'd find out.
 
He definitely is not a person to stay down. I'm glad that he's coming out of his blues. I hope you start to feel better soon. Whatever is going around just seems to linger on for a long time. I hope your able to be well enough to see him soon.
 
It is great that your father got out and about. That little bit of independence did wonders I bet. Hope you are feeling better..you're not supposed to get sick with that nice warm weather you are having:)
 
Marian, he's doing much better. Yesterday he and my mother went mattress shopping. Just one store, but my mother has been sleeping in the recliner and my dad the bed so she doesn't bother him. There are multiple beds upstairs, however she doesn't want to be too far away from him. So mattress shopping, out to dinner and he slept till 11:00! He is experiencing the energy drain. I told them it would diminish after a few months though. My "adopted" children were all in town today and visited, so I think they appreciated that as well. Thank you for thinking of him. Please keep me up dated on your daughter's next appointment. I think of her often.
 
Hi Karri,
I bet you had a great time with the kids in town also:) Glad to hear that your father is doing better.
Speaking of kids, here is a good one. I think I mentioned that we are a family with dogs (4). My big guy is the only one without the Christmas outfit.. granted 1 son has a chihuahua, the other son and DIL has a miniature maltese and a maltipoo (spelling may be off). So my younger son and girlfriend are making him one. Planning on doing the dog family picture in front of the tree. This should be fun, will post when it is done:)
 
Just had Christmas brunch and am heading to my parents house. We're hoping having everyone there and the prospect of a great grandchild for next Christmas will get my mom and dad out of the doldrums. Merry Christmas everyone and I'm hoping it's a day filled with joy, peace and lots of love with NO pain!


:candle::merry christmas::candle:
 
@Celle is it normal for a hip replacement to not be able to bend? I know he's not supposed to, but my dad says he can't bend to tie his left shoe. But can do his right.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Merry Christmas @KarriB ! I hope you had a wonderful day with your parents and your Dad is doing better. I love your new picutre! What is your dog's name? He/she is a cutie!
 
Her name is Piper Scout, she's a Border Collie, thus the name "Piper" as in bagpiper. Scout is from To
Kill a Mockingbird. She's 9 years old, very active, but is slowing down a bit. My dad said today he felt like eating, so that's good. He's down 25lbs and his clothes are hanging on him. But he's upset that he can't bend to tie his shoes, telling him we'd get him penny loafers was met with a scowl!
I hope your doing well, Janis, the nausea is ALL gone and you had a wonderful Christmas Day!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Love the name and its origins! Sorry about your Dad. When our parents get older, losing that much weight is not good. I am glad he wanted to eat.

The nausea is gone, although I still get some stomach pain and have not resolved the problem of the poop fairy. I am not sure what to do about this - I was hoping the diverticulitis would have sorted itself out by now. It is worse in the morning and starts about 6:00 a.m. Sure could use the sleep! Thank you for asking.
 
@Celle is it normal for a hip replacement to not be able to bend? I know he's not supposed to, but my dad says he can't bend to tie his left shoe. But can do his right.
@KarriB
I don't know enough about hip replacements to know what's normal, so I'm going to ask some of the "hippie" people to answer that question for you.
@Jaycey , @alexthecat , @sharonslp - can you advise Karri here, please? Her Dad had to have his hip replaced after falling off a ladder on 20th November. He fractured the head off his femur, according to what she understood (possibly fractured neck of femur?).

I do know that some surgeons place a restriction on bending for about 6 weeks after surgery.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom