TKR On the road to recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you can't get on the floor yet, what about doing some stretches just on your bed?
 
Thanks for the thought. I will try that but I have found that the bed is not quite stable enough. Or maybe I am not stable enough!!! Ha!
 
You have a plan for after PT, try it as it seems reasonable but listen to your knee - it will let you know if it is alright or too much.
 
Thanks Lee. I will see how I do today after I ride my recumbent bike.
How long does the swelling last? I am still so swollen.
 
I still have swelling and even first thing in the morning. Often, gets worse as the day progresses now that I am back at work. Funny thing is that some days it is actually less so I just go with it and I do know that it will go away - I do not remember when it stopped with the first knee -should have tracked it better on my history here.
 
I have had a grueling couple of days. Drove to moms again yesterday and dithered about with her. Didn't sleep well. Got up and had to drive an hour to the hospital for surgeons appt regarding my jaws. Was there 4 hours. I am having bilateral arthroscopic jaw surgery dec 19 here in Louisiana. Will spend the night before in a hotel. Anyway that was bad news. On the plus side my knee has been good!! Icing right now.
Tomorrow I go to my cardiologist for hopefully not more bad news. And then I am going home, sweet, home. I miss my husband and my cats!!! And am I exhausted, both physically and mentally. So much to take in. This will be my 4th surgery in 8 months. Is that not ridiculous?!?!?!?!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Maggie May I'm so sorry you are going through a hard time but in the long run it is very good that you are taking care of any medical problems you have. Just think how good you will feel when all of your medical issues are resolved :happydance: 4 surgeries in 8 months has got to be hard on the body but would you rather stretch that out into 3 or 4 years. yuck.... Your doing it right. Get it done and get on with it. Prayers and healing thoughts are coming your way. :flwrysmile:
 
Maggie May, I hope your jaw surgery goes well and you get rid of that pain also as you got rid of the knee pain. You are really nice to go and take care of your mother's needs also. Good luck on the cardiologist report. As crystal stated above, it will be good to get all this over and done with and proceed with living a more pain free life. Sending you many healing and positive thoughts and of course:kittykiss: :kittykiss: :kittykiss: :kittykiss:till your own kitties can cuddle with you.

Make sure you rest when you get to home sweet home and pamper yourself a little. Take care. Lee:flwrysmile:
 
I don't know how you all do all those graphics but I love them!!!!!
Thanks so much!!!
It does mean a lot. I just wonder how much this almost 60 yr old body can take.....
 
The graphics are on under the smiley face right on the site where you write your post - if you click on the little arrow next to the smiley face they appear. I just started using them and really like it. Just be kind to your body and rest in between even at your mother's and you will make it.

Maggie May, I have noticed how kind you are and supportive to all the new and existing forum posters. Considering how much you have going on and traveling to your mother's that is really remarkable and so impressive that you are taking the time for others when you are so busy with all the appts and procedures you have gone through. You are a remarkable woman and I have read your post - you have come through some hard things. :yay:. Take care. Lee:flwrysmile: :console2:
 
:angel: :thankyou: :thankyou: did that work?
I
This forum saved me and it means a lot to me so I want to help others and develop friends like you, too!!
 
Yes it did :dancy:. Enjoy the extra expressions. Have a good day. Lee:flwrysmile:
 
Ditto what leeja said maggie may. You really are pretty wonderful with all you give to others and I might say the very same for you too leeja. :)
 
Yesterday I found out I have heart trouble. I have been experiencing severe shortness of breath for months and went through all sorts of tests. Anyway my cardio told me I have several issues and will be on new Meds and will have more tests after the new year. I am upset and scared really because my father died of heart disease at 47 and my mom had bypass surgery 10 yrs ago. Right now my problems are not that dire but it puts my knee into perspective.
Thanks for listening!!!
 
I'm so sorry you are going thru all of this maggie may. :console2: I will definitely keep you in my prayers :angel:
Keep the faith and do whatever you need to do to get this all resolved. :flwrysmile:
 
:kittykiss: Maggie May, I am sure this was quite a shock to you but now you know the reason for your shortness of breath and your doctor is addressing the issue. It is good you went and have some answers and have begun treatment. That is the important thing - it is when we do not know that bad things can really happen. :kittykiss:

Sending you healing thoughts and warm wishes. Lee :flwrysmile:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom