TKR On the road to recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway my cardio told me I have several issues and will be on new Meds and will have more tests after the new year. I am upset and scared really because my father died of heart disease at 47 and my mom had bypass surgery 10 yrs ago. Right now my problems are not that dire but it puts my knee into perspective.
We will keep you in our thoughts and in our prayers---waiting is the tough part---here's hoping that your tests down the road help to get you all taken care of so you can move forward with your TKR, as well as to assuage your worries about your heart.
 
Just getting caught up maggiemay You are in my prayers. I hope you feel better. So you are getting new meds now? I hope they make you feel better. Sorry you have to wait for the jaw but the heart should take priority. And I hope the tests in the new year are helpful.:console2:
 
Sorry to hear about your hart problem. Do not worry too much as you have not done the test yet. Sometimes, fear can cause our own body reacting abnormal. Just make sure you sleep well, eat healthy and exercise regularly. Do you walk everyday? Studies showed walking is the best exercise especially for seniors. Keep posting, we care about you.
 
So sorry to read of all your health issues. I hope you can find some relief soon. My tkr surgery is coming up soon and I see how much support you give everyone. You are very special and I wish you better health!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Thanks to all of you! I feel so alone much of the time except for my wonderful husband and having your comments means more than I can say. :thankyou:
 
Maggie May....my dear sweet friend. I am so sorry you are having all these health issues. As if the knee wasn't enough. At least you know the reason you were feeling the way you did & it is great that your doctor is on to it. Please nurture yourself the way you have supported me, for which I am especially grateful. My prayers are with you as you embark on the next part of the journey. Sending healing hugs across the oceans. I will be there to support you if not in person then via my heart! Love, Kerry
 
Thank you all so much. As it turns out I won't be having the jaw surgery yet because my doctors would not approve it because of my heart condition. It appears it has worsened since TKR. Anyway. I will take Meds and have tests and see what's what.
Positive energy to all of you!!!
Love to you Kerry. :kittykiss:
 
I just wanted to tell you all that I am going to leave the forum for awhile while I take care of my other health issues. It has been a pleasure and I wish you all the very best in your recoveries!!!
Maggie May


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
maggiemay I am so sorry to hear this. :console2: I hope all of your other health issues get resolved as quickly as possible. And who knows you may miss us so much you come back sooner than expected. We may not know about the medical problems you are going through but we are here for support.

Also, thank you so much for all of the support and advice you have given me throughout my recovery. :thankyou:
I will continue to keep you in my prayers :angel: and I sure hope you post occasionally to keep us updated on your progress which I am sure you will be making. :flwrysmile:
 
Thanks so much crystal and Lee and Kerry. All of you.
I am having heart problems and undergoing tests etc.
best thoughts!!!
 
maggie may, take a good care of yourself. Let us know how you are doing. Don't forget you have many friends on this site caring about you. Thank you for reading my thread and provided useful advice. Best wish to your health. Bonny
 
Maggie May take care of yourself. I understand having to concentrate on your heart issues. However, please remember you can just post on your site if you wish and if you do not have the energy to follow other threads. You have been a shining :SUNsmile: bright spot for so many - we are here for you if you find you need us even if it is not knee problems.

Take care. Lee :flwrysmile: :console2: :kittykiss: :kittykiss: :kittykiss: :kittykiss: :kittykiss: :kittykiss:
 
You have been such an encourager on these forums and will be missed. Hope you come back soon :) praying for you maggie
 
You will be in my prayers. Please know that we care about you and would love to hear from you any time. It doesn't matter if your challenges right now are hip/knee related or something else. You can always come here and post.....you're part of our family!
 
Hi everyone
I wanted to pop in and give regards. I know there are many who have joined in the few weeks I have been absent so I will tell you all that you will get through this. It gets better once you get past that initial 4-6 weeks. Just don't overdo it no matter what anybody tells you because that just backfires. Creates more pain and swelling.
Control your pain
Ice ice ice
Elevate
Rest!!!
And most of all be gentle with yourself and be kind to yourself!

Now to me

Ironically, I had a bad knee night last night for some reason. It's been 3 months now and I am doing well most of the time. Still have some pain though not bad just aches. I am back to riding my recumbent bike.

I am going tomorrow for more cardio tests. Apparently my heart muscle is part of the problem as well as valves. Still having trouble breathing.

Best to all of you!! MM


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Good to hear from you maggie may. Keep us posted on your tests :) :angel:
 
I'm glad to see a post from you. Here you are, again, giving others encouragement, even during a tough time for you.

Just wanted you to know another person is thinking of you and wishing you well.
 
Dear Maggie May,
So sorry to hear off all your cardiac problems :console2: My husband has had cardiomyopathy ever since
I've met him ( 25 yrs.) He also has a pace maker. He is on less meds. Than I am. He walks 2miles a day, has a full-
Time physical job. I think he is healthier than I am :heehee:
My point is....folks with heart problems can live a happy, healthy life :dancy: with the right meds, healthy eating &
Exercise....the skies the limit.
You are under the care of a cardiac Doc.He will do everything in his power to make sure you are taken care off.
I will say a :angel: for you, you are in my thoughts,
Sincerely,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Great to see an update from you. Sending warm and healing thoughts to you. :kitty chris: Lee
 
You were such a beacon of light for me in my early recovery time, dear friend, and I am so grateful for your support & encouragement. I wish for you is that your medico can get your kind heart functioning properly and that in a short time you will be feeling like yourself again. If God brings you to it........he will bring you through it! Loving prayers & hugs are with you, MaggieMay. Blessings, Kerry
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom