TKR On the road to recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks lee I was in shock but not totally surprised. I knew something was really wrong.

Yesterday I went on several errands because I wanted to. Maybe a bit of rebelliousness?
Anyway when I got home I ate a light dinner and went to bed at 6:30. I was exhausted. I awoke in the middle of the night with my knee throbbing and aching. I took a pill and went back to sleep. So I overdid it yesterday but I needed to do something so I did. Today I will rest ice etc.
funny how our psyches work!!!

Thanks again!!! :thankyou:
 
It seems as though only lee and Crystal read this thread so I think I will start a new one?
 
That's why I quit posting on my thread because after the first few posts usually only a couple people see it. Not a lot of feedback. It's kind of a bummer they don't let you make new threads for new questions.
 
I just read your thread and I'm so sorry you are going through the heart issues. I will be praying for you Maggie.
 
Good idea maggiemay rest and ice today but the distraction of getting out probably did you a lot of good. Still keeping you in my prayers. Keep us posted. :flwrysmile:
 
How are you feeling today. Recovered after some rest? Thinking of you as I see you posting on others recoveries. Have a wonderful Day tomorrow. Lee:kittykiss:
 
Thanks, lee. I feel better. I rode my recumbent bike today and felt better for it. I want to stay as fit as I can and my knee is doing pretty well. How are you???
 
Thank you for asking. I am doing OK with most things but now the groin pain on the left that I had prior to my rt knee surgery is back. I believe it is the iliopsoas which helps with hip flexion which helps to lift the leg - as was suggested by Josephine at that time. It seems to have started when I returned to work. Noticed I tend to lean over my desk which makes it worse. Found some stretches for it on line - will have to work on this.

This getting older can be for the birds with assorted body parts doing odd things. Tomorrow will ride my recumbent bike which always makes me feel better and of course will try some of the stretches.

Have a good day. Lee
 
maggiemay and leejaa glad you are both doing what you need to do to keep getting better. I will keep you both in my prayers :angel: and I know you will both continue getting better and better. You are certainly doing everything right. Keep us posted. :flwrysmile:
 
Sorry to hear of your bad reports from cardiologist and the jaw surgery . I wonder why they did not detect your heart troubles before your last surgery ?
 
That is good question and the reason I changed cardios. I have no faith in one I was seeing. Thanks for caring!!!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Maggie May, I am glad you found a cardiologist who is more thorough and will help make sure you can stay healthy and active.
Have a wonderful day. Lee:flwrysmile:
 
Maggie keep us posted I'm praying for you. You sure have been through a lot. Asking Jesus to bless you and keep you in his care.
 
Well, my jaw surgery has been postponed. Neither my GP nor cardiologist would approve it due to these new heart findings. I am on new Meds and will have more heart test soon. Sigh! I have something called diastolic heart failure, tachycardia and valve issues. :-(


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Oh, Maggie May I am sorry you have to wait to get rid of the jaw pain. Scary stuff but hang in there, now that they know what is going on they can help you get through it and manage it. Sending warm and positive thoughts your way. Lee:puppysmooze: :console2: :flwrysmile:
 
Thanks lee I was in shock but not totally surprised. I knew something was really wrong.

Yesterday I went on several errands because I wanted to. Maybe a bit of rebelliousness?
Anyway when I got home I ate a light dinner and went to bed at 6:30. I was exhausted. I awoke in the middle of the night with my knee throbbing and aching. I took a pill and went back to sleep. So I overdid it yesterday but I needed to do something so I did. Today I will rest ice etc.
funny how our psyches work!!!

Thanks again!!! :thankyou:
That is actually great news!!! Yes, you paid for it, but you are beginning to see what it is really like to have no limitations---and "just doing it" for the sake of getting things done.

Soon, you will not have to pay for overdoing things. No waking up in pain.

As for being exhausted, the first couple of forays that I took in my truck while running errands knocked me out, too!
 
I'm glad you're seeing a cardiologist and got this checked out. hugs
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom