Guest viewing is limited

TKR On The Recovery Side

Ok good to know it isn’t just me.
 
And just cold weather. My knee still even bothers me in the freezer section of the grocery store.
 
Definitely, even my other knee notices the change in temperature.
I'm currently snuggled under a warm duvet on top of a sheepskin throw yet my feet are like ice, every now and then I put my left foot on top of the right knee, which is lovely and warm :ice: a quick form of icing the knee with icy feet :heehee:
 
My left knee was in August 2019 so easier to go out in warm weather and walk. Very cold today so not sure if I can put all my winter clothes on and still have the energy for a walk.

@Sara61 you need a pair of fuzzy bed socks. I have been wearing them since surgery. My husband brought home a couple of pair of them from the drugstore which extended my wardrobe. :loll:They were only a dollar a pair.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] On The Recovery Side
    51E8581B-D328-4630-A6A5-2E7653D5C452.jpeg
    222.5 KB · Views: 165
Yes, I get that as well, knee throbs more than usual. I did ask my doctor about it but they said they did not think there was a link- still didn’t stop me feeling achy every time it rained:bored:
 
It has been proven by many studies that joint/arthritis pain is worse with drops in barometric pressure or when temperature drops. I have terrible pain when it rains and we’ve had a lot of rain this fall.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
:banana-santa:Well done you ! I'm so looking forward to some normality, hoping once staples are removed my knee will move easier although for 1 week post surgery I'm getting around quite easily with my crutches, I even considered just using the one, but my PT is insisting I use the two so as not to put un-necessary pressure on the knee.
 
I have never used crutches. With both of my TKRs and my husband’s hip replacement a walker is what we used starting immediately following surgery. I still use mine when I go to the bathroom in the middle of the night to prevent falls.
 
I’ve never used crutches, either. I’m sure it would be a disaster if I tried them at this point!
 
5 weeks today. Today is my third and last visit for gentle no touch PT. I want my latest ROM numbers. I also want to try a recumbent bike, but am only committing to doing one revolution as things are going too well to chance a set back. Last, I want him to watch and check my gait. When I am tired I fall back in to a limp and finally icing using their machine.

Slept well last night only waking around 2 am and read for a while. Back to sleep until 7 am.

Here is today’s photo of my knee. The upper layer of the incision was glued closed which I like with both knees. Could shower almost immediately and no need to go back to get the staples removed. Feeling positive.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] On The Recovery Side
    EAC8B87B-1667-460A-AC70-B6A459CA5027.jpeg
    91.6 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
We are only encouraged use a walker in the hospital, then for going home we are given crutches, I find them easy to use, it takes a bit of getting used too, I use the elbow ones, usually after a few weeks you can just use one then eventually none.
 
Just returned from my hands off gentle PT. Here are my numbers for flexion and extension using Bonesmart’s gentle approach,

11/19/2021 109 and -4

12/1/2021 118 and -5

12/15/2021 120 and -2
 
Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom