TKR On the other side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you eating something when you take your meds? I ate a few crackers or a fig newton with every dose. If so and you're still nauseous you may need something from the doc for nausea. It's not lazy to use a strap, you'll be able to get up and down without soon enough it, but for now go ahead and use a device.
 
Make sure you eating something with the meds. My favorite was graham crackers and a sip of milk. If that doesn't work ask your OS or GP for zofran.
 
@RMasano hope all is going well your first evening home.


Sent from my iPad
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Even though a banana can be binding, I keep one by the bed at night. I usually eat 1/2 per dosage time. I also have a package of crackers and a jar of peanut butter by my bed. 3-4 crackers with som PB is great. Usually during the day of of my med. snacks is a Fiber One cookie

Don't forget the stool softener. I have 1 in the a.m. and 1 in the p.m. every day. Every other day I've added a laxative. That is what is working for me. Hope it's not too much info. Lots and lots of water.

Glad to hear you have come home.
 
Thinking of you... Log leg will go away (but it is annoying), Ritz crackers were my lifesaver for the pain meds/Nausea, and Yes my leg still feels like it's got an alien inside it... But he and I are *beginning* to make friends :friends:
 
@L.I.T That is hysterical!!! I need to think of it that way. My knee and me are just getting to know each other so we are going to have to just get along eventually. Thanks everyone for the nausea tips. I have narrowed it down to the norco that I cannot tolerate. As far as "pooping" doesn't look like it's in my near future. I'm taking 2 stool softeners 3x a day.
 
@RMasano dulcolax worked for me. Two before bed.


Sent from my iPad
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@RMasano I'm doing OK. Day 7. Nothing exciting one way or the other to report. Down to 1 oxy twice a day. Flexion is at 80 degrees. No major pain. Worked from home today, my boss CIO drives me nuts. Trying to sleep in the bed for the first time tonight but think I will have to go back downstairs. Dog is kicking me while she dreams of squirrels.

P.s. Dulcolax is not a stool softener. Do not take daily.


Sent from my iPad
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@RMasano probably TMI but I brought home 2 suppositories from the hospital. Also hit it with metamucil, miralax, milk of magnesia and stool softeners. There is no such thing as "too much" when it comes to this. I've had one bad experience of giving birth to a tree trunk and that will NEVER happen again!
 
Miralax did the trick for me along with senocot. But the senocot did nothing on its own, add the Miralax and...:yes!:.
 
@mbrown probably?? Definitely! Tree trunk! :rotfl: I'm a sucker for potty humor!

Well, based on how it felt that was the most accurate description. Let's just say that I came as close to experiencing the pain of labor as a man possibly could. [emoji23]
 
Day 5. Doing ok. Having some drainage out of my knee. No PT until it stops. Which is fine with me. Nausea ongoing. I'm trying to post pics but it says the image is too big. I think it is because i have an android. My daughter has an iphone Going to have her help me.
 
I added back into my evening meds, my magnesium supplement and ever since, my P Fairy has visited me every day. I also take a stool softener in the a.m. and p.m. Today we have cut out the morning softener. I think the magnesium really helped me with the other medicine.
 
[Bonesmart.org] On the other side
the [Bonesmart.org] On the other side
 
I finally figured out how to post a pic. Thanks @UACats70 for the help. My leg is extremely swollen. Almost double of good knee. Is this normal?
 
It is normal for it to be swollen, but you need to elevate toes above nose to get it down. Some people are more prone to swelling. How often are you elevating? Sometimes when my knee was really swollen I'd lay flat on the sofa with my legs up on the arm of the sofa and pillows on the arm.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom