Guest viewing is limited

THR On the other side in Seattle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My goodness this is becoming the feline friendly thread! Love it!

Z and John, you guys are super stars! Doing so well. Long may it continue!
 
They look like very good WARM friends...and as long as mine keep their claws in when dismounting I am fine with sharing the space with them. I'll try to grab a shot of Zion's brother Thunder keeping me warm.
 
Z and John....love the "guard kitties." And Z.....GOOD elevation technique. I'd score you a 10.
 
What are all these kitties going to do when things get back to normal at your houses? I think you both will just have to continue those naps! :cat-kittyandsmiley:
 
I'm thinking by then they will have their masters purrrfectly trained!

[Bonesmart.org] On the other side in Seattle.
 
[FONT=&quot]Interesting bit, when I was first out of surgery, my leg was 1/2 inch too long, the doc said I had to put weight on it to seat the inserts.
[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
That happens to everyone - doctors generally just don't think to comment upon it. And it's not only the cup but the femoral implant too. It's all a dynamic situation .....
[/FONT]
 
Hi John,

My apologies if I turned this into a cat thread which probably was not your intent! I think there was the small matter of you having your HIP REPLACED!


How are you doing these days? Feeling good and on the mend?

Z
 
Hi John!
I hope you are feeling better each day! Thank you for posting those sweet Kitties!

My Cats were so happy I had Surgery so I could stay home with them for awhile:)

Hope all is going well each day. I have found great support on this Site, and it sure does help!
Laura
 
I am happy to talk of kitties. I have several on my bed at the moment.

Recovery is progressing, I can move a little better each day.


Sunday I was able to sit and get up from a normal toilet without using my hands.


Still moving real slow and very little stamina. If I am up for about 15 minutes I am wiped out, I need a nap.


Muscles are hurting more not less, I assume this is because they are starting to work now.


Still not able to lift the leg under it's own power but it is getting closer as the muscles regain function. I was able to do a shaky clamshell when I wanted to put a pillow between my legs.


Icing more or less continually.


I was moving or standing maybe a total of 30 minutes yesterday and that was enough.
 
John,

I have to say that the lack of strength with the clam shell was one of the more disconcerting pieces of my early recovery...I would bend or roll and not find that leg following like i wanted or expected. It led to added caution that was probably warranted...

Once that strength started coming back it progressed nicely. It's not all back, and I wouldn't be able to play basketball at the moment (:secretaea:) but it's working and is "fine" for rolling over in bed and getting up off the floor...

Z

btw....my name is John as well :thumb:
 
Hi John, the stamina thing will disappear over time. Early days and your body has been through a major procedure. Just rest when you need to. You will soon find the rest/active times balance out.
 
I've always heard that the first 2 weeks are slow going, but then they get better rather quickly. I'll be where you are in a while ...

Take care and keep up the good work!

Dorothy
 
Two weeks post op and feeling good. As you said the Muscles are still sore but getting better. Glad to hear your getting along.
 
Love all the Kitty pictures! Beautiful cats. My old lady Zoe(avatar kitty) is pretty much a permanent left side recliner buddy!

I think the stamina issue is something that warrants lots of patience(I mean LOTS) but soon enough you will wake up one day and have energy to do the things you want without even thinking about it. :thumb:
 
Very BIG cute kittens.

Glad to hear that things will be better, I do notice a continuing improvement in movement every time I get up from a nap. Wish there was a similar decrease in pain and cramping.

Glad for the encouragement, thanks all and John.
 
John, Glad you found us. I also part of my leg that is numb. However as days go by, more I feel. It just takes time. Aren't pet wonderful I don't know what we would do without them. By the end of this month i hope to get another pet and start training it to be a companion dog.; if you have questions please ask here. we have so much surport here you will enjoy it . Keep us posted on your :yes 4:recovery. :doggieshmooze::
 
Hi John

Have you considered Magnesium for your cramping. I had restless leg and cramps in the early weeks and found that helped enormously..
 
So, I am not the medications expert here -- but will say that we don't want you to feel pain now. Are you on top of your medications???

Your stamina will return -- but not yet, now is resting time!! :cat-kittyandsmiley:

Take it easy and be careful on the regular toilet your hip is still new.
Cardie
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom