THR On the other side and now in the right forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maeve Fran, you whinge all you like-- we can take it :) I am SO glad the pain meds are good now. Catheter out in just a little while, what a relief, WHEW!:yay:
 
Thank you zauberflöte.
The petty little discomforts like catheters, drips (for everything except my preferred tipple of a good chardonnay aged in oak with hints of nectarine, peach and other stone fruit) take on a whole new meaning when confine to a bed with no mobility yet!
But being able to whinge to other hippies helps a lot. "Every day is closer to comfort and mobility" is my new mantra!
 
Love it, Aussie girl... Just imagine that first glass of white! Mmmmm! Mmmmm!
 
Yippie! They're coming to take my catheter out in 5 minutes!
Who'd have thought catheter removal would be up there with winning Lotto? :dancy:
 
Hi Maeve I'm probably strange but I liked having my catheter in so I didn't have the hassle during the night!!:whistle:
So glad things are improving for you and it just gets better from now on. :)
 
Welcome Maeve, you seem to be doing brilliant. X. For me the knee pain and bruising and swelling were a surprise, but pain meds, rest and lots of ice do wonders in the first weeks. And keep up the good attitude... it really helps.
Aud
 
Hi Fran,

Welcome to the other side!! You sound as if you are feeling a bit better and the pains are more under control now. Sorry that it was a bit rocky to start. Once you get that catheter out you'll be ready to try getting out of bed with assistance. Sounds like it was a good report from your OS as well!! :thumb:

I hope you are able to sleep a bit better tonight!
Take care,
Cardie
 
Maeve oh I'm with you, catheter out is big news. Mine was more painful than the pelvic post-op pain. I swore to the nurses it was backing up, and could they Please Take it Out Now, but nooooooo:beg: :loll:
 
Feel free to moan Maeve - we all understand! Hope you are resting all comfy now!
 
Well it's onwards and upwards today. Slept from 10 until 5.30 with only one hobble to the toilet. Great!
Have sorted my meds. Now at least I know what the Dr has prescribed and in what dosage so now I can contol them!
Have some hard work at physio as the leg has been lengthened 3 cms and an important nerve stretched. One that has been short since birth x-?don't know the technical ins and outs of that info but will quiz the Physio today.
I feel much better when I'm in the driver's seat as you can tell!
 
I feel much better when I'm in the driver's seat as you can tell!

I'm with you on that Maeve. I'm much better when I'm in the drivers seat in all facets of my life. Wife says I have control issues & I'm just not a good passenger on the journey of life.:bicycle1:
 
Well done! Step by step - you'll get there!
 
Maeve, Great news and congratulations. You seem to be well on your way to moving deeper into the "other side."
 
Hi Fran,sorry, I'm a bit late but am all caught up now. Congratulations on your new hip and welcome to the recovery side.

Pleased to hear things are now looking up and you have your meds all sorted. For us folk who like to always be in control it is very annoying when we cannot be but sometimes you just have to go with the flow, difficult but necessary. We hippies need a lot of patience in the first few weeks after surgery :)

It's great your OS has managed to add length to your leg and that it all went well. Don't be concerned if the operated leg feels longer than the other one at first. This is very common and can last some time until everything settles into place.

Hope you are feeling well today. Each day brings small milestones and one step closer to a painfree life

Take care

Ann
 
Thanks@Anniepops,
This is certainly a roller coaster ride and I don't think I had any real idea how hard it would be. Have been having many internal battles re the heavy meds I need to take but I think I have to accept that the narcotics are necessary. Otherwise the pain will hinder me in rehab. Thought I could manage with Panadol but NO.
So it's over to rehab today where I am hoping that the atmosphere will be positive and encouraging which is a bit hard in a busy surgical ward.
Need to get my head back into a positive state and look at the positives not feel down about the negatives!
 
Maeve, that's what narcotics were invented for.....this was MAJOR surgery. They are needed. It's temporary....and the research is quite clear that you won't get addicted when you use them appropriately. This is very appropriate. The roller coaster is normal in the early days....that's what we're here for. :)

Sharon
 
Thanks clifford149,
Reading back over my posts just now and the word patience stood out! That is just what I don't have but I"m going to need to find it if I am to tackle this recovery process more positively!
We will be in the UK in August. In Yorkshire. We have relatives in a little village called Cumberworth to be exact. Near Huddersfield. We usually travel every two years and always come to the UK. A couple of years ago we did a road trip from one end of England to the other. We also love Wales, Ireland and Scotland. That planned trip should be my biggest motivator for speedy recovery.
 
Thanks@sharonslp,
Don't know how I would manage without this forum. Make lots of misguided decisions I guess! :scary: :SUNsmile:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom