Guest viewing is limited

Revised PKR to TKR On the other side - AGAIN!

Thanks @Layla the baking seems ok, and the big batch split 3 ways, one already gone, two to be delivered early this week.
Lunch was good and I managed to walk around the fete field, however it appears today that this tortoise has joined the ODIC, despite best efforts. Both knees have raised levels of discomfort/pain. Had an extra dose of paracetamol/acetaminophen. Lots of ice and elevation.
Tomorrow will be better.

[Bonesmart.org] On the other side - AGAIN!
 
Lunch was good and I managed to walk around the fete field, however it appears today that this tortoise has joined the ODIC, despite best efforts. Both knees have raised levels of discomfort/pain. Had an extra dose of paracetamol/acetaminophen. Lots of ice and elevation.
Tomorrow will be better.

Tomorrow should be a day of rest so your knees can recoup from your busy couple of days.
 
@sistersinhim thank you. Even when we know what and how to do it, these knees can still catch you out.
Tomorrow will be Day 49, 7 weeks since the op. I’d hoped to do a little drive to one of my community groups to join them for a cuppa, and not for the whole session as usual.
Automatic car, Righty is ok driving and it’s not far.
I’ll see what the morning brings.
Here’s hoping.
 
7 weeks today.
So the morning has come and brought me a quiet day at home. So frustrating after taking such a measured and graded approach but we know it can happen and so for me it’s a very boring day.
Hoping tomorrow I can pick up the prescription that’s ready for collection and deliver the baked goodies.
Onwards, tis just a blip…
 
So it’s 2am on Day 50, and I’m sleepless in England, probably courtesy of the one 30mg Nefopam taken at 5pm for breakthrough pain. I resisted all day then realised a top up was needed, and of course it has helped settle it along with round the clock paracetamol/acetaminophen and the Celecoxib. The last time I took Nefopam was July 15 and I really don’t like it.
I may have to switch back to Naproxen but then I will need to take a PPI.
It’s a very boring and quiet 36 hrs. Tomorrow will be better, it’s a blip, that’s all and we all have these on the recovery journey to better knees.
Onwards…
 
Phew, it’s been a rough 48 hours however I’m pleased to report I’m back on track now. Knees more settled; I’ve been out in the car and with crutches to collect the meds, and see a friend. Small contained walks, now resting again. More little strolls later. Physio moved to next week.
Onwards again, ever onwards…
 
I'm sorry you had to struggle for two days, but glad you finally were able to get the pain under control.

You know the drill: stay ahead of the pain with your meds, keep icing and elevating and try not to overdo even though you are feeling better. You are doing just fine!
 
Glad you're back on track and out and about again. Visits with friends and great conversations put smiles on faces. :) Sounds like you've had a good day so far. I hope it continues!
@Legseleven
 
Yay, you got those 48 hours behind you now. I know you don't want to visit that ODIC again!
 
Day 51
Went out in the car to a regular local lunch meet up, haven’t been there since before the op. Good to get out. Still resting quite a bit, the recent pain flare has left me somewhat questioning my carefully thought out activity levels, because I can’t really pinpoint exactly what set it off. It may of course just be general healing and the implants and bones settling on the long recovery squiggle.
Next few days look good for me with something happening or seeing someone every day. :loveshwr:Even taking the car to get the Air Con mended next week will be something different.
 
The last time I took Nefopam was July 15 and I really don’t like it.
It's not a painkiller I am familiar with and interested to know why you find it unpleasant.
I must say that Naproxen was the most effective of the non- steroidals for me. Although it took a couple if days to kick in and you have to take a PPI.
Hope things are settled?
 
Thanks @EalingGran things seem to be settling. Back to shorter strolls, more often, plus the pedals for one song length/day.
Nefopam is an old fashioned analgesic with a few bans and warnings and only given when opioids, codeine or Tramadol are not an option. It can cause insomnia, affects my bladder and can be constipating and I just don’t much like how I feel on it. However with no other option when the bone pain is bad enough I do take it.
I think you’re right the Naproxen is probably the most effective but I keep it in reserve as I don’t like PPIs. The PPI’s seem to mess up my stomach whereas the Celecoxib with occasional paracetamol/acetaminophen seems better for my digestive tract in that respect, and it does enough for the pain to allow me to get on with life.
It’s a balancing act of the whole of me, and not just the knee pain.
I’m not keen on taking x, then taking y because of x, and then taking z because of y….. etc etc.
 
8 weeks today. Day 56.
First time hung the washing outside on the line. Progress.
So despite my misgivings noted above I’m back on Naproxen since Saturday 250mg 2 x day plus a PPI, and paracetamol 3 x day. It’s for the nagging pain from the settling in of the implant in the bones, and the internal swelling. It’s likely there was a fair amount of digging out of the previous PKR implant. I’m hoping another 4-6 w will make all the difference to the bones.
Physio tomorrow.
Onwards.
 
Sorry you're dealing with that nagging pain, but you continue to make progress in spite of it.
As an adult, I've never had a clothesline in my yard to hang out laundry, but I remember doing it with my grandma as a child. Brings back sweet memories of my grandma. Great that you're back outdoors hanging clothes. Each milestone is worth celebrating. I hope you have a good physio session, LE. :thumb:
@Legseleven
 
It’s likely there was a fair amount of digging out of the previous PKR implant
You're right; and I'm sure that's contributing to your continued pain. You know the drill, though: stay ahead of the pain with your meds and ice and elevate as often as you can.

You've got this!
 
So the intermittent itchy red hands are back, and started up again last night. I haven’t had this sensitivity for ages and ages. It may be either from the PPI or the Naproxen, so I’m stopping both again. Grrr this is so frustrating, however I’m not starting on fexofenadine on top. Like I said taking x, then y, then z is not my thing at all. Hopefully this will ease quickly tonight and the Celecoxib 2 x and paracetamol 3 x will have to suffice, along with ice and elevation etc.
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom