Guest viewing is limited

Revised PKR to TKR On the other side - AGAIN!

A meal out will feel so good. Then home to ice, elevate and nap! You are totally correct in taking it slow and steady. You know how it goes.

Enjoy going out and have a fun time.
 
Sleep really matters. Slept two hours after lunch yesterday and still slept ten hours twenty minutes overnight. Both times my body gave me no choice. I still have the weirdest and vividest of dreams - with much snow yesterday and last night. You can’t make it up.
 
I still have the weirdest and vividest of dreams - with much snow yesterday and last night. You can’t make it up.
Hahaha! Is it still crazy hot there? If so, maybe that's the reason for the snowy dreams, lol. We're still hot here and now smoky also from the wildfires burning in Canada. Heat / Humidity / Smoke...no fun to be outdoors.

That's an awesome amount of sleep, LE, which is great because that is when our body does the best healing. Pretty soon you'll be able to leap tall buildings in a single bound, just like Superman. :wink:
Hope your Sunday is going well so far. I'm just sipping morning coffee at this point, you're heading toward
dinner / tea / supper....whatever you call it in your region? Enjoy!
 
It’s normal temps just now, not a heatwave. Had a lovely Sunday lunch out, first outing since before the op, came home elevated and iced.
Currently also gently using arnica oil around the periphery of the knee, gently anointing, not massaging, the muscles and allowing the oil to soak in. No where near the scar. No pain meds today or yesterday. Yes there’s discomfort at times but icing and elevating is sufficient. See how it goes.
Every country is having so many more fires, and here and in Europe everyone works together to stop the spreading with the farmers helping a lot. This global warming is alarming for all of us and surely it’s only by working together that the world stands a chance. Isn't that what used to happen?
 
After 48 hrs with no meds I had some paracetamol (acetaminophen) this morning. I just needed to clear my system of all meds as was feeling the body needed a total break. See how it goes. The swelling is definitely increased without Celecoxib, might go back on that but will see how this week goes. Lots of ice and elevation. Icing as I write this.
Today a little drive, an pop into a corner shop, another visitor, ten minutes pruning in the garden, no bending needed, and that’s my extra task for this week just ten minutes a day as so many things are very overgrown. It’s tempting to do more, but not worth it. I’m an outdoorsy gal, so it helps in several ways.
Onwards…
 
Week 5. Day 36.
A different day today, out with a visitor. Drove out to a local beauty spot and borrowed a mobility cart for free. Did me real good to be out in nature, especially as it’s summer. It was such a good surprise to find it was possible and when I returned it after 40 mins they encouraged me to ask at other places I like to go to, and can’t currently access, and book one. Had a cuppa in the cafe, then stopped and bought easy lunch from the local bakers.
So after a drop off at the train station I’m icing and elevating this afternoon, with a nice cup of tea, as I’ve been busy for the longest time in one go since the op. Decided for the rest of the day no gardening and minimal physio as been in and out of the car a few times, plus walking about on my crutches in various locations.
A good day, I’m tired and happy, and after a much needed nap, will have another stroll later and another little go on the pedals to keep everything moving.
Onwards.
 
That is a fantastic report! I remember the first time I went out with friends for coffee at a National Trust garden cafe. It felt wonderful to be back in normal life. The mobility cart is a great idea. Are they difficult to operate? Presumably not?
 
@Legseleven This is so wonderful to hear. It's always such a great moment when you can become an active participant in life again. Even this early on, you've turned enough of a corner to allow you to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Blessings for continued good healing.
 
Day 37.
First physio Ax today, and they’re very happy.
As they say, not my first rodeo and simply keep doing what I’m doing. Back in 2w.
Flexion 95’
Extension -7’ been like this since Feb last year, despite all the right exercises.
Next week when I see the surgeon and I’m to ask if they got full extension in theatre, if yes it’ll come back eventually. Neither of us are worried in the least.
All good, onwards….
 
Day 38
Walked a bit further before lunch in a small circular walk, and after lunch spent a bit longer pruning in the garden. I’m always happy with a pair of secateurs in my hand.
Now icing and elevating. Another walk later. Steady as she goes. Settled on Celecoxib 2 x day to manage internal swelling, with occasional paracetamol when required. No paracetamol today yet.
Although the post op bone pain was much worse, and the initial 27 days tough going, overall this recovery seems smoother than last year, which of course was bilateral PKRs, and then the left knee never really healed with the issues in the lateral compartment.
Onwards.
 
Although the post op bone pain was much worse, and the initial 27 days tough going, overall this recovery seems smoother than last year
Such a blessing after all you've been through. May it only get better!
Have a great rest of the day, LE.
 
Day 39
Doing ok, with no grumbles, just feeling somewhat exhausted today. All normal. I know, just the body reminding me it’s in charge and it’s back to the patience pills. I think it’s in part cumulative from 3 major knee ops in 11 months.
A few of Nurse Emeritus, Josephine's, diagrams show it all so well although today I think I’m actually feeling more like week 2-4.
Managed 15 minutes at the community lunch, drove myself, not far at all. Came home and slept for an hour. I nearly didn’t go, but had promised another friend I’d try. It was good to get out and then come home.
Undoubtedly I’m a bit bored too, and keeping up with my little targets and ploys is exhausting especially when you’re on your own and I’ve already done all this for over a year already. I’ve ordered a Floradix daily vitamin tonic to give myself a boost, I’ve found sometimes a bottle of this helps.
Onwards, tomorrow is another day and it will be different again.
1784899545893.webp 1784899797479.webp
 
I'm amazed at all you're doing already, LE. You'll definitely have those days of low energy as your body uses energy for healing first, not leaving a lot for the activities of daily living and your efforts to maintain a minimally active social life. It's great you're able to get out, even for short periods of time. It helps to bring a little normalcy back to our lives. :thumb:

I forgot about the diagrams you shared. Thanks for highlighting them as I'm sure others will be able to relate. I hope the vitamin supplement you ordered gives you the boost you're looking for.
Best wishes for a pleasant weekend! :SUNsmile:
@Legseleven
 
I can't imagine all that you'll get into with a vitamin supplement!! You body has been through it all and the supplement might just make you feel more like you - and that's a good thing. Your getting out and about then resting is great - I never seemed to learn that!!

Keep doing what your doing because its working.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom