THR On the mend

Status
Not open for further replies.
@45goingon90
I pray today sees you better both physically and emotionally (your name popped up on my reminders first thing this morn...prayers sent)!

[Bonesmart.org] On the mend
 
@Cynthia777
I had my 2 week post op today and it went GREAT! He told me to S L O W down a bit so I can heal properly. Haha. I did get cleared to go to water therapy for PT next week, so I am very excited! I am just so thankful to be doing so well, because I was just sure I would really have a hard time recovering. But...through lots of prayerful friends and Faith, I am doing AWESOME! God is good! I even went out to lunch with my Hubby after the appointment and to the grocery store!(maybe that's what the Dr meant by SLOW DOWN!)LOL! So, I am a bit sore and exhausted, but it felt great to get out of my house. I hope you are doing ok. I will continue to pray for your comfort! Love to you sweet Cindy! Thank you for all of the prayers. They are working. as is the constant ICE, ELEVATION, pain meds, and rest. BS mantras are remarkable.
 
You made me laugh AND get teary eyed when I just read your post. What a wonderful update! God is faithful and He is always good! Thank you so very much for your continued prayers...they mean a lot too me!!! :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my gosh- today was amazing! I'm 2 1/2 weeks post op and was able to take a drive to Glacier National Park today for a small, but so beautiful, stroll. My husband and I took a short, 1 mile path through the cedar trees. It took me 36 minutes, probably the longest mile ever recorded! Haha! But it felt SOO GREAT! Can't believe I could do it. Of course I did use a cane, and I was exhausted by the time I got home, but....

so for all of you contemplating having this surgery...DO IT!!! NOW!!! Reclaim your life! I am so thankful every day that I am on the other side, and for a great surgeon, and all of the support from other Bonesmarties! You are all amazing. I hope everyone has a terrific recovery. ✨
 
Glad to hear you are doing so well. My doctor says that after the first two weeks, it's good to get back to your regular activities. The hike in nature sounds wonderful! I don't know if you've tried Rescue Remedy but I really find it helpful. It's so calming. Deep yoga breathing exercises always help me fall asleep, too.
 
Hi @45goingon90 , I'm so happy about your walk through the cedar trees in the Glacier National Park. From now on the walks will get better every day.
I used to do hill walking and mountaineering in the Bavarian and Austrian Alpes. It's wonderful walking like that and keeps you healthy and happy. Keep up the good recovery! Good luck! Constanze
 
@45goingon90 Absolutely fantastic, really great progress on so many fronts and sounds like a beautiful walk as well. I hope the payback wasn't too much and you get the chance for the next adventure again soon.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I'm at 3 /2 weeks post op. Wondering if anyone else felt like they were losing ground. I have had more deep bone pain for the last couple of days. Like, reAlly sore. Worse than a couple weeks ago. I've been doing a lot of car time this last week and even had 2 hour each way, road trip to follow my teenaged soccer player. I had terrible swelling that day, and was really surprised since I hadn't had much swelling since the first week. Do you think it's from all of the car/sitting I've done? I had high hopes of being mostly off of pain meds by 4 weeks, but the way I've felt the last two days, Ugh, it'll be 4 years! Lol! I'm so impatient, I just want to be normal sooooo bad! I don't want to miss anymore fun with my kids! At 18, and 16...they are almost out of the nest. Anyway, @Jaycey or anyone with advice, normal?? -or is something wrong?
 
@45goingon90 I suspect Josephine or Jaycey will pop along shortly after reading your post, but I'm sneaking in first . 3 1/2 weeks post-op and that level of travel stuck in a car does not sound pleasant, I know from personal experience. You've probably hit most of your stabilisers during the trip and I know I had horrendous aches in my quads and my IT band with a lot shorter trips, not to mention pain in the hips.

Did you by any chance stand out watching the games as well or get stuck in a draft or cold spot whilst watching? Was there anything else different that happened whilst you were out? Just a couple of thoughts.

Another aspect that I hope isn't hitting you is the horrible 1 month slump & energy drain period that hits a fair number of people at the point you are at. Personally I've just come out of a nasty slump and the pain really ramped up during that period as well.

Hopefully it's just normal recovery aches and pains & they will go away.

Good luck and I hope it's improving




Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@45goingon90, Love your screen name. I had my surgery six days after yours. It sounds like the car time is hurting you. I was that way before my surgery. Long drives were unbearable. My legs would just ache!!! I do think it's from all the sitting. I started taking the train on long trips. That way I could walk around, have a meal, or lay down.

I haven't done any car rides longer than thirty mins. since my surgery. Maybe it's too soon...
 
@AndyH99
I did sit in the pouring rain for the hour and a half game. It was awful! The pain came 24 hours later. Just a really deep butt/bone ache. I'm assuming it's related to that, but just nervous. And yea, I've started the last two days also, being nauseatedly tired. Weird! Thanks for the input. I'm sure you are right. Thanks! I hope you are starting to make progress again. Happy recovery!
 
@Hip Hip Hooray!
Yes. I'm thinking its car related. I hope you can learn from my misbehavior! LOL! I'm pretty stubborn, as my PT said she was going to chain me down! Haha. I hope you continue to heal well! Keep up with ice - it is my best friend!
 
@45goingon90 from your reply I'm getting the impression you've sorted your own answer, fingers crossed it eases off soon. As for the tiredness bit, I hope it doesn't bite in the same way it did me but if it does be prepared to pull the duvet over your head for a few days and ride it out.

Good luck and have a great recovery day


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I was at seven weeks before I traveled longer than half an hour. I think you've figured out where you've overdone it but let me assure you that if you'll follow your protocol for the first ten weeks, your body will reward you handsomely. No other way but to walk through the fire.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
It's the one month slump plus all that sitting. You are still only 3.5 weeks out of major surgery. You should not be decreasing your meds as they are needed while your mobility increases.

The energy drain is all a part of recovery. And as Andy posted recently, this can not be ignored. Energy drain for THRs

I know you are impatient but the more you fight recovery the longer it takes. Just roll with it and don't try to do too much too soon.
 
Thank you for the confirmation @Jaycey. I have very gentle water PT today, and I'm sure I'm going to be in trouble for "over-doing" again. The good news is that my PT is extremely conservative, and I will have lots of help with her in a terrific warm pool. I will probably leave feeling better than going in. this recovery is definitely a L O N G process. Maybe a HUGE lesson in patience for some of us... I really appreciate everyone's support and advice. Thank You Bonesmarties! I promise to behave this week!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@45goingon90

Am here checking up on you my friend. I'm so sorry you're experiencing a bump in the road! Of course having not had surgery, I can't help you with recovery advice, BUT, I can send this bit of advice I( (I'm pretty sure you'll know who I'm quoting)..."Be anxious for nothing"...keyword, "nothing". Easy for me to say, right?
Prayers and hugs sent your way today!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom