TKR Ollie's Adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Ollie Next summer I think my son is planning on moving a little closer to Tacoma. Forget the name of the place, but the airport is there.
Hubby had pool pt before the TKR's, insurance wanted all options tried before they would okay surgery. His ROM improved just a tiny bit with it, but that was all. He was bone on bone, don't know why the insurance wanted to waste money on that. He would love to do it now, but it didn't happen.
Our biggest kitty is staring at hubby purring acting cute hoping for treats. Youngest is curled by my leg, oldest is curled up in hubby's lap, and I have no clue where the other one is. Probably napping some place. None of them are kittens anymore. This morning it was cool in the house (haven't turned the heat on yet), and they were all running around being frisky. For being older cats they have their moments!
About being a small world, loved your story!
 
@tiredwife Is it SeaTac? Federal Way? Both of those border the airport.

And the whole pool therapy thing is so interesting. My Dr. had me in just after 10 days post op. Some in Spokane have patients in on Day 3 with the waterproof bandages. Based on the forum comments, some Drs don't want pool work until 4-5 weeks. Others don't do it at all. Kind of like the difference between the US vs UK conversations about PT in general. In any case, I am glad that your husband is doing so well and that I am, too. So many seem to have such horrible stories. . .

Sleep well - if you get chilly, just throw on another cat!! :heehee:
 
@Ollie SeaTac.
There are a lot of people on here with problems, but it is usually the people with problems that seek out the forum.
You sleep well too, I will do fine - had a cocoa with Irish cream. :)
 
I long for the days just before school started when I could rest, elevate, ice, and nap on my own schedule...

BUT - I have to say that I am happy with my current progress!! I finished hydro therapy last week and have maintained a steady ROM of 123/0. I am happy for that, but I can tell that the 123 just might get better as my over all stiffness is lessening. Today I really noticed that it was much better. I've been stretching in the AM just a bit and pedaling my bike to loosen those mornings when I am not sprinting to get out the door. I am hoping to increase my biking this winter and make a routine of getting to the pool, too. Got to get some weight off and increase my strength. Is really nice to be feeling like I can get active again!!

Am happily icing right now! Good night. Will do better with posting!!
 
@Ollie Glad to hear how well you are doing!! Keep up the good work! ROM will improve up to a year or more, so you have plenty of time, and even if it didn't 123 is still enough to do most anything you need to do. Glad working isn't setting you back any. Take care of yourself!
 
@tiredwife Not too hard, but it's more than enough! I finally have a whole weekend at home. Will do some upkeep things that have been put off, and will grade some papers, too. Never ends!!

I scored two supply/projector carts from surplus and they need cleaning, the wheels need WD40, and maybe some paint. Then one goes to my classroom and Kim gets one, too. Teachers are pack-rats, always looking for good stuff!! One of my first years teaching I managed to corral an oak library table with two drawers. It has been in the front of my classroom ever since. It is now in need of a refinishing, but has to be done at school. . . So will need to sneak all the stuff in to do it, probably over Christmas Break. . . Will keep you posted!!

I went to the rehab pool today. It is open at noon four days a week. I was feeling stiff and decided that a bit of warm water and flipper walking would help and it did!! Now I am kicked back and winding down after dinner. Tilapia, wild rice pilaf, and butternut squash. Yum!!

Sleep well!!
 
@Ollie We had homemade chicken pot pie that hubby made. It was great! We use to jump on good deals until we discovered we had way too much stuff! Enjoy your weekend and don't do too much.
 
@Ollie I have seen you posting on @tiredwife thread and came to visit yours. I am one week from surgery and reading recovery threads while I can't sleep. It sounds like you have had a very good recovery time. Small ups and downs but nothing major which is great. Thanks for sharing your journey. Oh and all this talk of food, I am already thinking about dinner lol.
 
Hello Ollie @Ollie

Just stopping by to say Hello and hope that things are good for you and your recovery and being back at work.

Take care,
Cathie
 
@marmora @tiredwife @Minnie's knees Just had a birthday weekend trip to Seattle!! Stayed over one night and went to see Kinky Boots. Is a Broadway show (based on a movie) that is hilarious and just what I needed!! So funny and the music was so good. Didn't have the energy to enjoy any of the great dining in Seattle, but we managed to still have a great time!

Tonight's dinner was pasta carbonara - a favorite - and we are now all snuggled under lap blankets with sweet kitties. Weather has turned and there is a chill lingering around. Makes my knees ache - new knee is stiff, old knee is cranky. All in all I am doing well, but have yet to get a good, steady activity schedule going. That is my next goal!
 
Hi @Ollie Saw Kinky Boots a few weeks ago when it was here in Portland. What a fun time at the theater. New knee or not, there is no way I could ever walk in any of those boots! :) Glad you had such a good time.
 
Hi Ollie @Ollie

Your Seattle weekend sounds fab ! Happy Birthday (belated) to you. :loveshwr:

I saw the movie 'Kinky Boots' and didn't know it is now a musical, maybe it will travel to Dublin and on your recommendation and @sandbar525 's will go to see it if it does come here.

Good to hear from you and take care,
Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
@sandbar525 @marmora Yes, I highly recommend both the movie and the stage show!! And there is no time in my life when I could have or would have laced into boots like that!!

Is another dreary morning - I think . . . Is still to dark to really tell. There is something wrong with getting up in the dark, going to work, and coming home in the dark at the end of the day!! Luckily I have lots of classroom windows!!

Marmora, do you follow the daylight savings time shifts in spring and fall? We are "falling back" an hour on November 2. So I will still be sleeping this time in a week and a few days. Yippee!!
 
@Ollie Hi, happy belated Birthday! [Bonesmart.org] Ollie's Adventure I love plays and musicals, glad you had a good time. If you have a chance to see "What the Bell Hop Saw" go see it. We both couldn't stop laughing! Tell Kim hi for me and scratch the kitties ears.
 
Hi @Ollie

Yes, we will also "fall back" an hour this Sunday 26 October in Ireland and the UK.

Monday is a Holiday, so most people are off work and primary/grade schools & secondary/high schools are off for the week for mid-term break. My sons are long out of education, so not a concern.

When I was working, I looked forward to this week to catch up with paperwork, as my teachers and the school were closed and it was just me and my admin assistant and the school janitor in the building.

Take care and look forward to to sleep in on 2 November ! :chillpill:

Cathie
 
@Ollie We haven't talked food for a while. Hubby made bacon wrapped steak on the grill tonight and a steamed mix of red potatoes, snow peas and carrots in garlic butter. It was yummy!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom