TKR Ollie's Adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Ollie we had over 100 kids for Halloween and candy has gotten so expensive. But I love seeing the little ones all dressed up. It's been raining and cooler here and like you neitherof my knees like it. It seems to be easy to over do it in water as you don't feel it until later.Take it easy at the leadership retreat. I am ready for the day I can go do something fun which will be awhile as I am only 16 days post op. Boredom is setting in!
 
@Minnie's knees Over 100 kids?! We have some neighborhoods that get hit like that - kids get dropped off at the front 'gate' and they work their way around the looping street. A coworker says they can go through aalmost hundred pounds of candy . . . Sheesh!

How is your weather this time of year? Edging toward frost mornings here. But I love the fall!!
 
@Minnie's knees Oh yes the boredom! How hubby hated that, but didn't have much energy to do much.

@Ollie Love the fall too. You can keep summer and winter, just give me fall and spring. All this coming week the lows are going to be in the 20s and low 30s F. Maybe all the weeds will die and my allergies will finally ease up.
Hope you have a great day!
 
@Ollie our lows are mid 40's and highs mid 50's this week. Cool for us in south Texas. My new knee doesn't like the cooler temps. It will warm up as gain though as it doesn't stay cold. Last year we put up Christmas decorations in shorts. Have a great day.
 
@Minnie's knees Christmas decorating in shorts!! I always forget how different the climate is north to south! Went to Florida at Christmas a couple years ago - left high 20s/low 30s here (Washington State) to 50s there. All the natives were bundled up, but we were in shorts a couple of the days. Nights got . . .brisk!! Sort of frosty, even! That sort of temp swing is crazy!!

Enjoy your Sunday!! Stay warm!
 
@tiredwife @Minnie's knees We are staying as warm and cozy as we can!! Temps have taken a dip and my knees are very unhappy, especially my old knee. Just hit the Five Month mark - seems like longer some days, and like yesterday on others!!

Kitties are in winter is coming mode. They are in our laps more and snuggled down in their heated beds. Yep, they have heated beds!! Not at all spoiled!

Have a great day, stay warm and dry! Off to work I go. . .
 
@Ollie sorry your old knee is hurting. The weather really affects our joints. Congrats on 5 month Mark. Your kitties sound just a little spoiled in their heated beds :heehee: but we'll loved. Stay warm and dry yourself. Glad I am at home right now and not out in the weather.
 
@Ollie Mine don't have heated beds, although Emily claimed the vent in the bathroom and won't share with the others. Sorry your knees don't like the cold, get some of the hunter's hand warmers and bandage them to your knees. Has it been 5 months already...WOW! Time is flying by! You have a great day.
 
I'd love a heated bed for myself! :heehee:
 
@Ollie got some (spattering) snow today. Cold out! Hubby is making some banana pudding. Might have to eat some warm to get rid of the chill. I like warm pudding! Have a great rest of the weekend!
 
Banana Pudding?! @tiredwife You have the best Hubby!! Is cold here but not quite as brisk as the end of last week. I felt puny today- tiny bit of upset stomach and probably gas !:heehee: But still uncomfortable most of the day. Cats were happy to have a blanket covered lap!!

We had plain old biscuits and honey today. Simple, plain, no fuss!
 
@Ollie the pudding was pretty good, he made the pudding with a little too much banana flavoring in it and I am use to a vanilla pudding with bananas in it. It was better after it set in the fridge for awhile. He likes to cook a whole lot more than I do. It is freezing here, in the 20 degrees F. Hope it warms up a little bit for Thanksgiving!
I feel kind of puny today. Seems like a lot of people on here are fighting one type bug or the other. I've had a bit of a sore throat, blowing a little green:eeeuw: and my right ear is 'clogged'. Hope you are doing better today!
 
It is freezing here, in the 20 degrees
We have a Winter Weather Advisory here---Northern Ohio is getting 3"-6" of snow today, and tomorrow and Wednesday we are supposed to have horrible wind chills.
Hope it warms up a little bit for Thanksgiving!
Me, too! I want to get a few rides on my bike in before I dive face-first into large amounts of carbohydrates!
 
@referee54 we had a spattering of snow yesterday, didn't amount to much. We have had some big ones. This was last year.
[Bonesmart.org] Ollie's Adventure

We are camping for Thanksgiving so hope it is warmer.
 
@referee54 @tiredwife Sooooo Cold! Been in the teens here and getting to school has been frosty!! Make sure you stay warm and dry!! We don't have snow here yet, but the passes have white stuff and the local ski resort has been making some!! Enough the we can actually see it up on the mountain runs. The sno-tech guys from here actually were in Sochi last year make snow for the Olympics. Pretty cool!

Camping on Thanksgiving? How brave! And your pic of snow removal last winter was awesome. We never had that much at one time, but we had consistent snow, stayed about 2-3 inches on and off from around Thanksgiving to late Feb. And we, too, are hoping the weather holds off until after T-day so we can get a walk in - it IS important to offset all that 'festive food'!!!

I am feeling better today - had about 12 hours of discomfort - and today was much more comfortable. Not a problem going to work. Have to say the quite day in my recliner rested my knee, too, and that was nice, to have it feel less tired and stiff for work today!! There are days that I can hardly believe it's been over 5 months since surgery, and there are moments that I forget I've had surgery at all!! WooHoo!!
 
@Ollie glad you felt better today!
One year, when we had the pop up camper, it was sooooo very cold and it snowed so we came home early.
I bought some sweet pants for camping so my butt will stay warmer while we sit around the fire. My other pants just aren't warm enough.
Sleep tight!
 
The snow missed us except for about 1 inch. But it feels like January here. It "warmed up" to 24F today. :(
 
I have heard that there are those who can tell when the weather is going to change by how their knee or knees feel.

For some reason, mine do not bother me at all in this kind of weather.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom