Bilateral TKR Oh M'Achin' Hamstrings

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bonesmart.org] Oh M'Achin' Hamstrings
My way, you are now officially a "kneesie". Your first post from the "other side" sounded perky and alert. Hope you've gotten the pain meds sorted.

Take care and post when you can. We care.
[Bonesmart.org] Oh M'Achin' Hamstrings
 
Mazel tov, Wanda, and welcome aboard the recovery train! Glad to see you can type coherently on an iPhone so soon after "coming to;" many of us were too loopy to even figure out the diff between our cells and the bedside TV remotes. Hoping (and pretty sure) that your docs will hit on just the right combo to control your pain. Second the advice to eat: think of the early days of recovery (especially in hospital) as a license to throw dietary discipline to the winds (except when it comes to doctors' orders) and eat whatever looks good on your plate. (I'm gonna miss the free ice cream and movie popcorn downstairs when I check out and head home tomorrow). This is a time to heal, and healing requires rest and fuel for your body to repair itself.
 
Wanda :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:
So glad to see you over here on the other side
Hope you get you pain meds sorted out very soon :friends:
 
Good morning my way,
Please try & eat a bit ( even if it's just toast)pain meds should be taken with some food.
I :angel: they get your meds. Sorted out, I'm positive they will :) have a restful day.....talk soon...
Diana :kittykiss:
 
Happy 4 th of July, my way :) I hope you are doing well. I got a call from your hospital last night.
Seems the warriors were caught putting Texas tea in. Your i.v :yikes:
I hope your pain is being taken care of & you are comfortable.
All my best & hugs coming your way....
Diana :kittykiss:
 
Hope you are doing better today Wanda :friends: I hope that your pain meds have been sorted out :kittykiss:

Have the Warriors been helping you? :spin:
 
Good morning my way,
Hope all is well......just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you today :)
Please post when you are up to it.......
Hugs & best wishes coming your way....
Diana :kittykiss:
 
My way. Wanda dear, how are you? I hope you are doing well. Please post when you can. We're all thinking of you. :kittykiss:
 
Well I'm Home!!:happydance:Felling a little sore but it's so good to be here. Had a problem with meds for for the first couple of days as the epidural only worked on one leg!:yikes: They topped it up a few times still no better and they were limited as to what they could give me till the epidural drugs were out of my system.The pain management team did what they could but it was great when the surgical team took over my pain control 24 hours later.They seem to think the problem is that I have a septum that prevented the catheter from going in far enough? Good news....Thank goodness the pts didn't believe in pushing and my flex was 90 and 89 on the first post op day and 100 and 95 this morning! Ex 0 in both knees.They are amazed with my lack of swelling and I didn't tell them I rested more than I exercised.:whistle:They always asked how the exercises were coming along and only checked once a day. I think a little nap is in order now as the drive home took an hour and it's very hot and humid.
Chat later
Wanda:martini:
bottomshollow I need to ad BTKR July 2 2013
 
Welcome home!!!!!!! You sound great,and you're ROM is too!! Now enjoy being home sweet home dearheart. Elevate, get some ice, and take a nice nap.

So good to hear from you,, :happydance: :yay:
 
Welcome home my way :)
So sorry to hear about your pain :shocked: in the hospital. Your rom is amazing....I hope you got your pain
Under control & rest......you'll be walking on that beach before you know it :)
Thoughts & best wishes coming your way....
Diana :kittykiss:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Oh M'Achin' Hamstrings
My way, to the "other side" and the wonderful world of recovery!! Op and hospital stay are over and now you're home----no place like it. Keep following that mantra and your recovery will be as good as it can get. Your ROM, wow---watch out!!! there are members who would kill for it.

You have to put type of surgery and date in your signature yourself---I do not have permission to access your personal information. Here's the link to the explanation for how to do it: How to create a signature. ​
​
Take care and keep us posted. We care.​
​
​
​
 
Tossin and turnin most of the night. I did manage to stay in bed till 6 this morning and I had a couple of longish periods of sleep, two hours at a time! :) Pain meds still don't seem to be right so I'm sending Himself to see my GP this morning. He'll get it sorted out. I'm on Dilaudid 4 mg and acet. every four hours and it's not quite cutting it.

I thought I didn't have any bruising. Imagine my horror last night when one thigh took on a lovely shade of brilliant purple. :shocked: That explains the thigh pain. I still don't have a lot of swelling though and I'm keeping my fingers crossed on that blessing.
I still haven"t seen the warriors! :boohoo:I guess they are still in the lock up after being caught trying to put Texas Tea in my IV.:rotfl:
Wanda
 
Good morning my way,
Ahhhh, that lovely shade of purple :) I had it on the back of my leg, it didn't hurt & I couldn't see it so all
Was well. I am glad you are getting a longer lasting pain med :yes: I often wondered why in the year 2013
They could not make a pain med to just knock us out for 8hrs. So we could at least sleep :heehee:
Hoping you have a pain-free day,
I will check back with you later on today....it's so good to have you back with all of us :friends:
Hugs & well wishes,
Diana :kittykiss:
 
First full day at home and all seems to be well. Had a nice steak tonight and managed to eat most of it. It's lovely to be in a quiet place! it was the first thing I noticed when I got home. No beeps,no nurses asking can you wiggle your toes 24/7 and not hearing everyone go :gaah: when they try to move. Now it's only me. :snork:
My GP was not in the clinic today so I'll have to wait till tomorrow to get some long acting meds. That's the problem I think. The dilaudid wears off too quickly and I have to wait till I can take another dose.
Every thing else is going along fine. The staples aren't too uncomfortable but they have started to itch! No new bruising has appeared and my ankles are the same size for the first time in 2 years.:happydance:
Josephine or any one else that knows. A new thing happened today I was laying in bed and one leg "Jumped" shortly after the other one did the same thing. It didn't feel like RLS but it may be. I'm not worried just wondering what it is. :)
 
@myway I had that jumping happen quite a few times the 2 weeks after surgery. I still get a jump every now and then but nowhere near as often. I think its just all thr healing of nerves etc in your leg and joint. Glad to hear you are doing well and at home.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom