Guest viewing is limited

TKR Oh Baby feel the (k)need in me - the sequel ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @dogwheels, I'm just sitting having a bit of a catch up and I'm getting the general picture that your knee is just about 'back to normal' and doing very well, which is just wonderful to read. To be able to wear shoes with a heel is something I never thought I'd do again, but you are giving me hope. If it was down to my right knee I think I'd be the same as you, it is so strong now, I am delighted with it, unfortunately my left isholding me back, but one day I will get there. Congratulations on getting to live a normal life again xxx
 
Thanks for the kind words @Ellejay. I have lost you for the moment - are you still in France or making the journey back now?

Yes, I am not thinking too much about the knee now. It has its moments from time to time, but I have confidence in it now and realise that any twinges or stiffness are tissue and muscle around the knee complaining and not the alien life form within! I keep testing more and more things to see if they are possible, and most times they are, which is grand. Our break in Budapest is not far off now, and that will give me a chance to see exactly what it can do.

I am so sorry that this holiday hasn't turned out the way you had anticipated - and that your left knee is still giving you grief. It will be interesting to hear what your OS has to say about it when you see him. When is your appointment?

I think you of all people will understand when I say that although the TKR leg is doing good, I would do anything to kick this Achilles tendonitis. It is such a pain. That's what is causing my problems now. Grrrr.... Like you've said, you get one thing fixed and then something else goes pear-shaped. Still, mustn't grumble.

I don't intend making a habit of prancing round in heels, but it was nice to know that I can. The cold weather is coming and most of my boots are flat or with a low heel - but it was such a nice feeling to be a bit more elegant around the feet when going out for the evening. Just hold on to the thought of wearing those heels now - I know you will get there, but I am afraid that it may take getting your left knee sorted first.

Safe travels back and take care

XXX
 
@dogwheels. You always say the best things to lift my spirits. Going to double up on my lottery tickets. We all need to get together. I too jump into everybody else's thread. I feel like the knee is old news. So much better to hear about everyone's day, family and good things
Love and hugs back to you susanne


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi Ann, I'm so sorry not to have been able to wish you well before now, we started our return journey a few days ago and I was plunged into non wifi land. I'm now sitting in the Eurotunnel terminal , it's quite early so I'm not fully awake, but at least I can retrieve days worth of e mails. I haven't read all the threads, I thought I'd just pop in to say hello and catch up when I get home later on today. I hope that everything went well and that you are making a good recovery, and are as free from pain as possible. Chat later xxx
 
Sorry @dogwheels - wrong thread, it shows how tired I am! I'll try and find the right thread if I've got time before the train.
 
@dogwheels
Your upcoming trip to Budapest sounds just wonderful, you are certainly going to be spoiled, just as you deserve.
We are going to somewhere near to Barnstaple at the end of next week, not sure whether we'll go Friday or Saturday. We will meet my brother down there, he lives near to Helston, right down near the top of Cornwall, somewhere we don't often go to as it is so far, but Devon makes a good meeting place, so we will have a week together there and catch up with each other.
I know what you mean about suits, my husband hardly ever wears one now, but he looks so good in one. We are going to a wedding at the end of October, so I'm looking forward to him wearing one again then.
How is your Achilles these days, any improvement? Mine took months to sort out, I was told if I had torn it and they could operate it would have been easier to cure and would have been quicker. In the end I found a wonderful physio who alternated acupuncture with deep tissue massage, that part was really painful, but did the trick.
My left knee continues to be a real pain, last night I was just sitting watching TV, legs raised, when suddenly, out of nowhere, it felt as if someone was driving a screwdriver into my knee, time and time again, it made me cry out - that's not right 5 weeks after an arthroscopy. I am trying the Meloxicam now, but it takes a while to start working, so I haven't noticed any difference so far.
Dad was very confused yesterday, unfortunately he is deteriorating rapidly. When his carer visited at tea time she was so concerned she called my sister in to him. We are getting a home visit from the GP today. He is dehydrated, but won't drink because it is so painful for him to walk to the toilet. I'm so glad I'm having my knees done now, he never did, and now can hardly move.
Have a great day, it looks as if we will see some sun today, We are off to a MacMillan coffee morning today, and then visiting friends this afternoon, so it should be a good day, xxxx Lyn
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good Morning @dogwheels

You inspired me to "try on heels" yesterday in a shoe shop.

Shop was very quite -I was the only customer and buy most of my shoes there, so they didn't mind indulging me in my shoe fantasy !

I was like Cinderella trying on lovely sparkling dress heels, able to put them on but unable to walk in the shop.

In the end, bought a sensible of Rickers that are fairly flat with small wedge heel, black 'shower proof' swede with zipper front- actually cute and perfect for Autumn and Winter with trousers !

Looking forward, like you to an evening in heels.
The spirit is willing, but the knee is weak !

Take care,
Cathie
 
Thanks Lyn - yes I had a lovely day thank you. Beautiful gifts, loads of cards, lovely long letters from my old mates from school all asking about the knee and if we can all meet up soon, then a super meal in the evening with hubby and daughter. I am getting to the stage when I try not to think too much about birthdays - so best thing about the day was that we signed all the papers and sent the money for our next door land purchase. Much more exciting. The fencer and landscaper came today and hubby is getting carried away with ideas for a big fireworks party, while the ground is being prepared. Fun!

Take care and enjoy your weekend.
XX
 
Happy Birthday, sorry I am late to the party.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
LTKR Sept 13 2011
Revision April 15 2014
 
:thankyou:Many thanks everyone for the birthday wishes - as I said, I was lying low for the day. Had lots of letters from old school friends and work friends from 'way back when' - everyone seems to have different health problems now. Sure sign that we are all getting on a bit :old:.
As I said in my reply to @Ellejay, I had some lovely things including beautiful antique jewellery from DH. I am just off to play with one of my gifts from my daughter, a 'Big Hair' rotating blow dry brush. I have studied the Youtube videos and am off to try and make it work. I just hope it doesn't revolve and take all my hair with it.

Enjoy your weekends everybody
XX
 
Hi Cathie @marmora - hope you are having a good weekend. It certainly will not be as hectic as last weekend for you.
Your boots sound really nice. I got a nice khaki suede pair of ankle boots with a low Cuban heel this week from Clarks. I love ankle boots.They had an online discount so I also bought a mid calf pair in waxed leather that were lovely. Sadly the zip was just one of those central half zip ones - not all the way down from the top. I have a very high instep and what with that and not being able to wrangle my operated leg quite as well as the other still, they were a nightmare to get on and off, so they are going back to the shop. Boo!
I have just been saying on Doglovers thread that my TKR leg has always been smaller then the other - I presumed from muscle wastage. Tried on my knee length boots the other day and my TKR calf has either bulked or is still slightly swollen and is now a bit bigger than the other, meaning a couple of pairs are too tight for comfort. Not sure if this is temporary, so I am hanging on to them for a bit in case the situation improves, but it gave me an excuse to buy a couple more pairs :wink:

Take care and talk soon
XXX
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom