TKR Oh Baby feel the (k)need in me - the sequel ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Flip-flops (also called thongs, jandals, pluggers, go-aheads, slaps, slides, step-ins, chankla or a variety of other names throughout the world)'.

I am really getting into this now!!! :heehee: Good old Wikipedia.

@Pumpkln - never knew that, you learn something everyday.

'The modern flip-flop descends from the Japanese zōri, which became popular after World War II when soldiers returning to the United States brought them back'.

I now end today's tutorial on alternative words for the common flip flop.

[Bonesmart.org] Oh Baby feel the (k)need in me - the sequel ..
XX



 
Little did I know how close I was to the root word. Learned something new, about something from the past.
Entertaining, educational, and fun!


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
 
Hi all. I was re reading some past posts that everyone writes,and I must make the comment that we all seem to be more interested in each others lives than our body replacements
I think we should plan a get together when I win the lottery trips on me!! This really is the best medicine and so happy to have connected with such great people
@TexasTee I love the fit flops, been wearing them for years. If you think the sandals are ugly get ready for the boots. That's all I wear. There's the website called sole provisions that have great prices on their sale items. Xo susanne


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum❤️❤️❤️
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh wouldn't that be lovely, a big meet up, a great idea @susanne. Just imagine us lot together for a weekend, the non stop chatter, the laughter, the real hugs at long last, the virtual ones are good but not quite the same.
 
Ha ha @susanne, if you were to read back a month or so on @71Beetle's thread you would see that I offered the same thing, a big old reunion for us all, my treat, if I ever had a big win on Euromillions. Could you just imagine all us lot on a plane? I finally decided that a cruise for us all would be perfect - non stop hilarity! Something like the Love Boat - but the Knee Boat instead!

XXX
 
Oh I am all in for a themed Bonesmart cruise if I win! Even if it just went from New York to England. Then most of us would only need airfare one way. I saw the most beautiful house on the Mullica River here in New Jersey. Only 2 million. River has access to the Atlantic Ocean. It was large enough to comfortably house my whole family and lots if friends. I can dream.
 
Oh goodness @susanne are you telling me my footwear is going to get even uglier!? Say it ain't so! Thanks for the tip on the website.

People are more than the sum of their fake parts - agreed!
 
Hi @dogwheels, I've just fallen into bed,totally exhausted, but I thought I'd just pop in to say how well you must know me already. I laughed at your imagined image of me sneaking in and out of the caravan adding an extra this and another that - are you spying on me? That's exactly what I do! :rotfl:. It annoys hubby enormously as he is such a perfectionist he weighs the van to make sure we are the correct towing weight, so he always knows when I've added things, but it doesn't stop me.
Have fun understanding your new dishwasher, it won't take long before it's a familiar friend like the old one was.
Have a great weekend, I'll be back to chat whenever I can xxx
 
I am still in for the Cruise. Won't be able to afford it for a couple of years...unless one of us wins the lottery as has been pointed out a couple of times. An all-inclusive resort may be fun as well and you can generally get them cheaper than a cruise. Should we plan for a 3 or 5 year reunion? :happydance:

How are you doing @dogwheels? Are you at your other house this weekend? Do you have a long weekend like we do in Canada and the US? How is your recovery going?
 
Hello @71Beetle - love the new avatar - I enjoy seeing who I am 'talking' to - and its great to hear from you.

No we are not at the coast this weekend - although husband drove down on Thursday just to race. We are having some decorating done here, and of necessity there were some things to do and buy while the decorators were not busy on Saturday and Sunday. So we stayed back and our daughter spent Friday evening and all day yesterday with us, which was lovely. We are really fortunate that she chose to live nearby and her house is only 5 mins drive away, so she usually comes for supper one night a week, and will pop in from time to time. Her BF was at his parents for the weekend, and so it was a good chance for her to spend the day with us and for us to spoil her a bit. She came shopping with us and we treated her to a lovely retro clock that she saw, then just like 'old times' hubby watched a film, while we both did some crafting - then the 3 of us went out for supper before she headed home. She is working today at home, her job is ridiculously demanding and getting used to the hearing aid is tiring - so a break was good for her.

Its been a costly few days - you may have seen me bemoaning the fact that my dishwasher died about a fortnight ago - well the new one was installed on Friday. Hurrah! Then in the process of clearing under the sink for the installation, I found a leak - the waste disposal has rusted away and is also dead, so I ordered another, then we had to buy new carpet for husbands study and the painters need paying on Tuesday! I seem to be constantly opening my purse.

Today I am catching up on a few bits while the painters are not around, then this afternoon I am popping to see my Mum. She lives about 40 mins drive away, and although I ring her every evening, I do like to check up on her!

Thanks for asking about the knee - it seems to be going fine and although I am aware of it, I don't think about it too much - if that makes sense?
I get the odd bit of stiffness and the odd twinge or ache - but just get on with it really. I know I am walking well - not vast distances, but my pattern of walking is back to normal; I am up and down stairs normally all the time now and its fine. I am a very fidgety sleeper and can roll, and toss and turn using both legs for leverage, whereas before I could only use the good leg to move myself about, and although I know I will never have mega ROM - I have sufficient bend to do everything I want to do, easily. Having had limited bend in my knee for so many many years, to be able to bend down on one knee to look in a low cupboard and be able to push up easily with the TKR knee, and to be able to bend it up to paint my toenails are real novelties. I even attempted and got pretty close to sitting cross-legged - once you have a bit of confidence in the knee, its fun to see what you can do!
Currently, my biggest problem is pesky Achilles tendonitis in the other leg, my knee is a breeze compared to that. However I have found that kinesio taping is helping a lot - so fingers X'd.

I think you can tell on here when people are recovering and getting on with their lives as they talk about anything and everything but not their knees. My 'little knee triumphs' are fewer now and any problems that occur, I now have the confidence to leave, and time and a bit of rest has resolved them. Its not such a big deal anymore.

How are you doing Lisa? I usually try to catch up on your thread, even if I don't post a message. It must have been a huge challenge to get both knees done, and really annoying that the recoveries are so different. However, each day brings you closer to being pain free and having reliable knees for the foreseeable, so you can enjoy life with your lovely family.

Well I must fly. Enjoy your holiday weekend - ours was last weekend. No more now until Christmas - Boo!

Talk soon

XX
 
Hi @dogwheels, how are you?
I haven't been on your thread lately but it doesn't look like you have either. :)
Have you finished with the renovations and having workers traipsing through your house?
When does your hubby finish his sailing regattas for the season...or does he just keep going to warmer waters? My hubby's fishing season will be starting up soon. Between coaching hockey, watching football and fishing, I won't see much of him. He will have to stick around if I am still not driving but we will manage.
 
Hi @71Beetle - I'm fine thanks, and thank you for popping by here. I tend to hop round other people's threads now, as there is not too much to report personally knee-wise.

Yep, thankfully the painting is done, the house is back to normal and all that remains is a faint smell of paint. The rooms look lovely and fresh now, and it was the ones that get the most use, so it was worth the effort.

Hubby is still sailing and will continue to do so until the 22/23 November. Then everything stops until late March.
He has just dashed down to our other place as it is a Classic regatta this weekend. Lots of beautiful old boats. His boat obviously doesn't qualify but he's been asked to crew on a boat that was built in 1895. I think he'd sail in a bathtub if it got him out on the water! Still I am quite glad of a couple of days to myself, pottering about while he will be having fun too. All good!

I bet you're glad that it is Friday and the end of the week. Enjoy your weekend!

XXX
 
Hi @dogwheels. Just read thru some older posts and wanted to stop in and say hi like you getting hair colored and cut for next weeks family wedding. Daughter and her new bf are coming in on Thursday and staying in Manhattan. To top off the worst week ever heard my ex is flying up for wedding. That's all I need. At least he paid for daughters trip and hotel room! So besides not knowing where bf will be I feel so guilty about going. But I'm going. Don't know if he will still be in hospital which would make me feel better but probably not the insurance companies
Off to the hospital
Feel good everyone keep those knees kicking
Plus completed my first real week if work that's another story
Have a great weekend
With love. Susanne
[Bonesmart.org] Oh Baby feel the (k)need in me - the sequel ..

Seasons starting to change :(


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @susanne - thanks for popping by here. I seem to spend most of my time now on other people's threads - as the knee is not such big news any more. It has its odd moments from time to time, but mostly we are getting to work together just fine.
Hope you are happy with your cut and colour. I have just washed mine and blow dried it - I love it when it's first cut and my rather inept and useless blow drying actually works and I don't have to resort to the huge Velcro rollers!

Sorry your ex will spoil the fun at the wedding - but forget him if you can and just enjoy it, and enjoy being with your daughter. Is her trip long enough for you to get a bit of 1:1 time? Get her to ditch the BF for a few hours so you can have a bit of quality time together.

Hope things are improving with your BF's health and that he is beginning to make good progress. I know just what you mean about hoping he is still in hospital - you cant stop worrying, but if you know he is being cared for you can relax a little bit more.

What with all these things and the issues at your work place - life must seem a bit poopy at the moment. Hang in there, as they say, 'this too will pass'.

Love , hugs and all good things heading their way to you

XXXX (PS - photo was beautiful)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom