TKR Oh Baby feel the (k)need in me - the sequel ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loved loved that video! It is a beautiful morning! The sailors are quite handsome too! Thanks for sharing. Xoxo
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, I loved that video @dogwheels. So picturesque with all those white sails, but loved the multicoloured ones too! The sea is so beautiful and with that sky - AND sunsets also - wow! (I hope that crew member didn't throw that empty tinnie into the sea!!!).


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @Judlepip - not a chance that any litter was thrown - the guy taking the vid is an ecologist!
Glad you enjoyed.
XX
 
@dogwheels So glad to hear that your knee is doing better. DO you ship baked good across the ocean. They sound sooo yummy. I have tried not to get into baking since I have been off. I lost about 8 lbs before surgery and down another 8 after and getting closer to my 20lbs I wanted to lose before I went back to work. I am working hard at getting the knee to work as well as possible and under a slimmer me. I am 5'9" and can carry a good bit of weight but I was uncomfortable.

Take care and if you need to ship to the states let me know and I will pay for shipping for the baked goodies.
 
Believe it or not, I know how to sail! I took lessons with an ex boyfriend because he didn't want to go alone. So for the very expensive price of way too much money, I am now able to 'read the wind' and sail. I'm actually much better of a deckhand and being told what to do as I get really nervous being in charge on a sailboat (go figure - totally opposite my usual personality). Really, I'm just very good at tying knots and working on my tan. :-)

Welcome back home Chris! I hope you have a fun week planned! Have you decided what your cake of the week is going to be?
 
Hi @DogLoverx3 - think hubby could have done with you on board, he despairs of his crew's knot tying and intuitive sailing skills! Never mind, at least one of them made the pretty video - so he was good at that, and he happens to be a real sweetie if you are into much younger men!

Sorry about the lack of communication with the promising date. Just hope he surprises you - men don't seem to be wired the same as us regarding being responsive. Perhaps he just doesn't want to come over as too keen and wants to appear a bit more laid back and is forcing himself to wait a little bit longer before replying? I hope so, if he is as nice as you said. If not, then you are well rid.

There will be no Cake of the Week, as daughter is off to the Alps with BF on Saturday. No skiing of course, but hopefully nice weather and some pleasant walking. Hubby and I went there when we were terribly hard up and had been married for about 3 years. We had moved every year that we were married, and were onto our 3rd house, which we thought was amazing but had lots of work to be done to it. We hadn't been able to afford a holiday up until then. I gave my secretary a miniscule budget and set her a challenge to find me a holiday, as boy did I need one. We went on a coach (urrrrrrggghh) all the way from London to the Alps. Stayed in a tiny flat, ate sausage and cheese all week, returned on the dreaded coach, but had a really fun time. Those were the days!

@jbucks - if I ever start sending gooey cakes across the Pond - you will be the first to know!

Take care

XX
 
Hi @dogwheels

The video was amazing what an absolute pleasure to watch it xxxx wow xxx I'm pleased to read about your daughter going to the Alps that's lovely news xxx especially if they go where you went. How romantic is that? Xxx

Husband wanted us to go to Wales Friday night but it's my birthday on Friday and all the kids want to come down Saturday to celebrate it properly. They can't do it properly on the day as my youngest granddaughters birthday is on the same day. Also my eldest daughters at work. So Saturday it is. We will go to wales on Saturday night late xxx

I realised today that due to my lack of contact with the outside world I'm fast running out of conversation! Not a nice feeling x I will actually be glad to see Freddy the physio tomorrow lunchtime. He always has something to say xxx

Anyway, take care and I'll catch up with you later or tomorrow xxx

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Hi @jbucks - I didn't want to bung up Nana moon's thread with foxy photos, so as you asked, here are some of the bubba fox. I posted some of an adult fox in the garden a week or so back, but I cant remember where I posted it!

He was so tiny last week and following his Mum around, but this week he seems to have doubled in size, but still likes exactly the same spot in my garden for his sleep times! @Jozilla @71Beetle- I think the animals that you have are much more exciting. Foxes are pretty commonplace here - they are urban foxes. We think there is a den just the other side of our fence. They spend a lot of the day in our garden as it is quiet and dog-free, and are quite blasé about strolling about the place. The little one is still very skittish though, so I had to zoom in through the window to take his photo, so the photos are not great. However his fur is that colour. A light minky brown. It seems to get redder as they mature.

Anyway ................ here's Bubba

[Bonesmart.org] Oh Baby feel the (k)need in me - the sequel ..
[Bonesmart.org] Oh Baby feel the (k)need in me - the sequel ..
[Bonesmart.org] Oh Baby feel the (k)need in me - the sequel ..
[Bonesmart.org] Oh Baby feel the (k)need in me - the sequel ..


XXX
 
@dogwheels I just read the rest of the posts with the rude food! Omg I'm sitting here laughing that much I'm crying again. It was just too funny lol xxxx :rotfl: Today's been so hilarious. Thank you x x x
 
Love the foxy photos! Are they not dangerous then? Our analog are coyotes and they can be dangerous - those look super cute!
 
Good afternoon @TexasTee - yes, my bubba fox is so cute. The other year we watched the Mum bring her litter out to play on the lawn when they were really tiny. They have regular routes across the garden - they always go the same way and when the lawns are needing to be cut, you can see the tracks clearly in the grass.
There has been a lot of bad press in the media here recently, alleging that foxes have gone indoors and savaged babies etc - but I really don't know. They roam all around our gardens, sit in the drive, sit on the wall - and when we are here the French windows and back door are usually open. Our house isn't noisy, no kids, pets etc but they don't seem at all interested in coming in (not that I would want them to!) Perhaps if they were really hungry they would be even braver .... I just don't know.
What we do have to be careful of though is leaving things outside. Husband got his shoes wet cleaning the car and left them on the back door step to dry overnight. Beautiful soft leather Sebago boat shoes. Only one was there in the morning - we had to scour the gardens in the hopes it wasn't taken far to be played with. We found it up the bank in the shrubbery, slightly gnawed and with a bit of fox slobber on! We quickly learned that lesson, but often receive 'gifts' of old footballs, tennis balls, odd shoes and even a half empty bottle of vodka! (although the last one may have been a late night partygoer or tramp who found his way into our garden! :heehee:

Hope your ortho appointment goes well and that your weekend is a good one.

XXX
 
@dogwheels oh how cute. very very very cute... No cake welll I declare. Did you let your daughter know that cake is needed even if she takes a holiday..
Hahahha Take care
 
I'm glad it was hubby's shoe and not yours! They seriously are adorable - I'd be far at risk of doing stupid things like feeding them and inviting them in.

OS appointment went well - he's going to target a partial and decide when he sees the inside if that's going to work. He tells me that the partials allow significantly more flexibility and less to no pain when kneeling - as required in yoga. He's in a sport med practice so he knows what his clients want. I devoutly hope he can fulfill on it!
 
@dogwheels I absolutely LOVED the video of your husband's sailing. Gorgeous is an understatement. The music was perfect for it as well. The pictures of the fox are so cute too!

Hope you are doing well and that you have a wonderful weekend!
 
@dogwheels, Chris I've just seen that video of the sailing. It's so beautiful & peaceful.....not like it is most of the time I'm sure ;) And wow what a sunrise! Thanks for posting. Now cake of the week.....don't let your daughters absence stop you, I'm sure there are plenty here who would help you out ;) And your Austrian holiday reminded me of our first foreign holiday abroad and in fact my hubby's first ever trip abroad when we'd been married a year. Like you it was a tight budget, so we went camping in the South of France...by coach!....A very basic coach and holiday but right by a beautiful beach with delicious local wine for 60p a bottle and 10p back when you returned it! We thought we were so bohemian haha XxX


Bernie UK
RTKR 22nd January 2014
LTKR 2nd April 2014
 
Hi all -
Goodness gracious me .......... I just realised that the knee was done exactly 5 months today. And given that I was last on the list that day, it is almost 5 months to the minute.

Doesn't time fly when you are having fun???

XXX
 
5 month old knee! Congrats - I hope I'm doing as well as you at 5 months. How did you celebrate? I think the very least I'll need to have a birthday party for mine, whenever it arrives...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom