TKR Now two years post op and still recovering from nerve damage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Margaret,
I can't offer any skilled advice, but my feeling about eh quad leg is that, if it doesn't bother yu too much, I would not bother going for the MRI.

All-in-all for the TKR leg it seems a positive visit. As for the other leg - I guess you knew what was coming there. Bother!

I've been remiss and I have not made an appointment yet for my 2-year follow-up. Must get on to that! My other knee does not seem to have worsened lately, but my left ankle and both feet are giving me trouble. I guess arthritis is going on there, too.

Best wishes.
Caryl
 
Margaret,
Glad to hear you can do so much walking and other activities. Keep moving that quad is sure to come back slowly but surely. Just like your ROM.
Hope the other leg give you some more miles before it is due for a TKA, until then happy hiking.:happydance:
 
Margaret,

It sound like you are making slow steady progress which is consistent with recovery from a nerve injury. Based on what you have posted I think that you have very good perspective on your issues. I don't think there is much else that I could add at least at this time. I wish you continued improvements over time (which is possible based on our previous conversations).

Orthodoc
 
Where have two year's gone since my RTKR on 14 Dec 2011. Yep my knee was two last Saturday.

I remember my recovery and thinking I never ever want to go through this again. But now, I can face the left one needing to be done as I know how much easier my life is without the bone on bone pain in the right knee. I certainly won't let the left get as bad as my right was.
 
Yes, Margaret it is hard to believe that is has been two years already since you were newly recovering here on BoneSmart. I remember commenting on your different questions and concerns, and more than anything I remember you wanting the "tight rubber band feeling" to go away. I was no help with that because there never was a time that I didn't have that tight feeling, thus now I have a revision. I guess there is a line that one crosses that eventually recovery should be done, different aspects at different times. But lingering on and on and on, that is when one has to start asking is this right and start looking for other answers. I am glad that you are doing so well now, and here's hoping that if you ever do get the left done it will go very smoothly.
 
Yeah Margaret---I did my right knee much sooner than my left and it was a piece of cake. I never even notice it!!
 
Happy birthday to your knee! You were just ahead of me and helped me walk in your footsteps!
 
Tonight our choir was singing in an open air concert and while waiting our turn to perform I had to sit on the ground as there were no chairs left. I got down and up as easily as all my friends. And my left knee isn't giving me too much grief at the moment so I'm quite happy.
 
Wow that is the best news yet. You have been an inspiration to a lot of Bonesmarties, Margaret, I am glad that you are still with us---and a wonderful report!!:snowmano::xmas-tree:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Now two years post op and still recovering from nerve damage
Hope you and yours have had a wonderful Christmas holiday with lots of family fellowship and sharing of gifts and lots of good food to eat.


I’ll be looking for you at the BoneSmart annual New Year’s Party. It’s been a very eventful year for most of us---and will be a very eventful year coming up for others of us looking forward to surgery in the new year.


Remember to bring food and drink to share---and pictures are always appreciated and loads of fun to share.


SEE YOU AT THE PARTY!!!!!
[Bonesmart.org] Now two years post op and still recovering from nerve damage
bottomshollow
 
My RTKR is annoying me because of the continuing quad lag, stiffness over the kneecap when I go up hills and stairs and stiffness when I straighten if I've been sitting with bent for a while. So I've been re-reading a bunch of stuff, particularly Orthodoc on page 21 on my thread where he gives me various reasons for quad lag and Josephine's articles in the library.

I don't think the patellar maltracking possibility has been explored, or may have been but certainly my OS hasn't discussed it with me. Would this show up on an xray? @Orthodoc @Josephine Could I trouble you both or either of you to take a look at my xrays from November 2013 to see if you can spot anything? I did attach them to this post but I realise they have my full name on them, so I will PM them to you.

They are of both knees because they were used to start evaluating my left knee as well. Unfortunately I don't have the earlier ones as I forgot to bring them back from OS office.

I really want to resolve the right, or at least know what's wrong with it, before I let anybody near the left one, which I know needs replacing within a year or so. Many many thanks for any guidance.
 
There is a bug in the image uploader atm so it's not you.
It's okay, I could see the ones in the post you deleted!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Now two years post op and still recovering from nerve damage


[Bonesmart.org] Now two years post op and still recovering from nerve damage


There does appear to be some maltracking in there as defined by the yellow lines but Im no expert on this. Perhaps Orthodoc can opine!
 
@Josephine you're a gem....thank you so much. Unless @Orthodoc adds something else that says I shouldn't, I'll go and see a physio and try McConnell taping and I'll get back onto strength exercises pronto. @kneesrus any advice?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Josephine,
Just curious, not about tracking, but rather, my knee cap looks layered like @campervans. Is this typical after TKR?
 
It's because she has a patella button - iow, a resurfacing. Which would therefore suggest you do too, yes?
 
No button on my patella, I am looking at the difference in the appearance of the bone of the patella? It looks kinda mottled compared to the left?
 
Campervan. I sent a new series of exercises to Jamie recently that concentrate on strength, power and core. I personally perform these daily because it seems each year I was loosing strength and power to get off the floor. Also I was not hitting the golf ball as far as I use to. In rather short order I was able to perform activities with less effort.
David
 
Campervan, I posted the exercises on Bonesmart Club House. I had difficulty sending them to Jamie to be put in Library.
Have a healthy New Year!
David
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom