TKR Now two years post op and still recovering from nerve damage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Margaret, today I was walking out of the library with a bag of books, and I tripped on a curb. I fell flat--and hit my head on a fire plug. I saw starts. My head was bleeding profusely and I saw stars---all I could think of was you!! I still have a big bump on my forehead and my head hurts!! Also got the outside of my left knee--another big bump!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
:old: Skigirl and campervan, what in the world are we going to do with you two. Please stay on your feet :walking:
 
Ouch! @skigirl I hope the bang on the head hasn't given you concussion. Just take it easy pleaseeeee.
 
I've had my head in the sand for months. Time to come out and talk to my Bone friends! Once I went back to work it's been all I can do to work 8 hours and get up the next day! Missed you all. The minute I sign on I feel better and not so alone with my own issues. But you girls better work on your balance! We all have enough problems without hitting the deck! I hope both you girls do okay after your falls!:thud:
 
Hi Marianne @Brownie51 Great to hear from you. I'm not surprised work is tiring as you went through so much your body used all its energy just to get through it all, and I reckon it takes a long long while to recover. There's the library article on energy drain but I reckon you can times by 10 at least.

Today I saw my OS, not for me but with my hubbie who has ripped the subscap in his shoulder AGAIN! This time though surgeon is loath to operate as he said its not ripped from the bone but from the muscle and so sutures are unlikely to hold. He's pain free so another reason not to try to repair.

Anyway, while in there OS asked about my knee, well about both of them. As soon as i raised my TKR knee he was ecstatic as he saw improvement and said its now lagging under 5 degrees. So I keep going...........
 
Marianne, good to hear from you. I can so remember my second year of skiing--I was so tired all the time. I finally realized that two major surgeries in two years was asking a lot from my body!! So, just think of what your poor body thinks about working all day!!
 
Wow...how great to hear from you!!!! Hope you can swing back by the forum now and then to let us know more details of how you're doing.
 
My hip still hasn't recovered from my fall from the office chair (don't laugh!) 7 weeks ago. I had physio which improved it for the first month but since then has maintained the status quo, with some good days and some not so good. So my doctor is referring me to OS and she thinks I may have a labrum tear. I think I'll go join the hippies for a while...... but I won't forget my kneesie friends.
 
As soon as i raised my TKR knee he was ecstatic as he saw improvement and said its now lagging under 5 degrees.
Hello Margaret, I make a point of reading posts from people who have had a slow recovery. That's because I am now 17 mths post op and still have the dreaded tight band which makes walking uncomfortable. It gives me hope that even after 2 years you say that you are still recovering. I have to admit that I get a bit fed up with exercising and just try to go about life like a normal 2 kneed person. But the message in your posts seems to be that continued exercise is the key. Carol
 
but I have to say that the nerve damage problem greatly improved at almost 2 years post-op (took a lot longer than any OD said, and I got a couple of opinions)


Still improving at the 2 year stage. Yes, yes yes. There is hope for me.
 
I've been lurking around for while and not really posting anything. Nothing much has improved. RTRK just the same with 5 degree lag. Left knee degenerating and has its good days and bad days. Right hip, still don't know what's going on - xray showing some narrowing so now waiting for OS to decide if he wants an MRI. My doctor told me to stop taking diclofenac as my blood pressure was up again and so I've been trying to cope with Panadol Osteo (paracetemol)
 
Nice to hear from you Margaret, sorry to hear about your hip, good news on your continued progress with the knee. Hope you get hip sorted soon
 
Nice to hear from you and to know you're still with us. Sorry things are progressing so slowly, though. I hope you can get that hip sorted out soon. Please take good care of yourself!!!
 
Hi Margaret @Campervan

It's good to see you here again, but not good that you are still having trouble with your hip. I do hope you get some answers soon.

I'm glad your knee is still making progress, albeit slow.
 
Hi one and all. I'm posting this for the newbie Bonesmarties who are struggling with recovery and very particularly to those having a slow recovery, which I had. I am three years post op in December.

Today I have been co-organiser of, and performer in, a choral music concert. I have been on my feet since 11am this morning till 8pm tonight. My knee behaved beautifully. Twelve months ago we had the same concert and my knee ached by 2pm. So even two to three years out there is improvement.
 
Great news! Thanks for letting us know. :friends:
 
It is good to know that eventually all will be good with my right knee that was done 2 years ago. It still gives me trouble, and especially with my left knee being only 7 weeks out. It does seem like sometimes the left knee is doing better than the right. My poor right knee has to deal with more work than before to support the other knee.

Glad to hear, @Campervan , that yours is doing well!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom