Now it's the Hip

Did a bit better sitting in Church this morning, then we ate lunch out, by the time we got home I crashed in the recliner with the heating pad, at least it gives some comfort and relief. Getting up and walking around is painful. I am so grateful for everyone on here and advice and information. We are all walking or have walked this road. Yes, pillows, heating pad, ice, Naproxen, Tylenol Arthritis, shots, and Therapy.
 
Home from appointment with my OS, my surgery date is October 29 th. His nurse told me if any date opened up sooner she would call me, otherwise, it's October 29. The countdown begins.:praying: I ask if he plans to do Anterior or Posterior, he said Anterior. Hope that doesn't change.
 
Last edited:
Congratulations on getting a date. As hard as it is to wait, it does make it easier knowing there is a date to aim for. It is great that they are willing to move you up if there is a cancellation or other opening.
 
So far, I am happy with my OS, he also did my tkr last September and did a great job for me. I am relieved to have a date for the hip replacement now, earlier would be nice though. Just tired.
 
It really is worse than tired, it is WEARY.
Knowing that there IS an end in sight...does help some.
You have a cheering squad on the ready @MEPil
:friends:
 
Yay! Glad you have a date. That really isn't too very long to wait. except when you are in such pain then it seems like forever. I hope you get somebody's cancelation.. that would be so wonderful for you.
:flwrysmile:
 
Weary is a much better word to describe this feeling. You all are so great and I appreciate each one of you. Thank you @CricketHip and @Mojo333. After we left the Doctor's office, we stopped and ate lunch, then by the parts store so my husband could get a few things he needs, I sat in the car. We drove by an Antique store I love to go to but knew I couldn't deal with trying to go in even to check out one isle, so came home, got in the recliner with the heating pad. I am determined to visit that store and spend some time there when this surgery and recouping is over.:heehee:
 
So understandable. I can't wait until I can walk at a brisk pace and log at least 3 miles!
My first goal was to sleep through the night and that one is checked off..
Soon @MEPil , soon!
 
@CricketHip just realized how recent you have gone through your thr. I hope your days are brighter now for you and your nights are peaceful now. Maybe your 3 mile walk is coming very soon. Thank you for your encouragement. Not that far behind you now.
 
Thank you @MEPil !! Yes, I am relatively new to my second hip. I sleep great after I can get to sleep. I've acquired some bad night owl habits!
I think a 3 mile walk will be coming soon, I have no hip discomfort now.. it's the soft tissue that is annoying.

So, now I'm torn. I want the autumn weather to last forever and move slowly but I also want October 29 to get here quickly for you! :unsure:
 
That's wonderful for you, I sure hope your soft tissue heals completely very soon and you can totally enjoy the crisp Autumn walks. Seems like time goes fast when we don't want it to but slowly when we do want it to hurry up. I just want to be able to enjoy Thanksgiving and Christmas coming up before too terribly long. I hope we and everyone in this groups lives get better soon.
 
Great news about your surgery date! Not a long wait.. Now you can focus on the preparation of the home and all the gadgets or aids you may need ( grabbers , sock pullers etc)..Focus on the goal and getting back to mobility and quality of life post op! Congratulations...Be sure to take care of yourself, avoid sick people etc especially closer to surgery...There are always going to be more questions as you get closer so ask away, the folks here are great!
 
I plan to order a few things from Amazon, one I looked at was a kit with six items.
I had my dental appointment today, I lost a crown last year in the left upper back tooth, I had the dentist check it and he didn't think it would cause any problem since, nobody would see it and it was a huge expence, today he tells me I have to have it pulled since I'm having surgery so I go Friday to the oral surgeons office to get it pulled. Then my dentist will sign my hip surgery release paper and fax it to my OS. I wasn't a happy person but no other choice. At least it's early enough to get it done.
 
Last edited:
Hello and Happy Wednesday! :wave:
It's good to read your date is on the schedule. I'm sorry you have to deal with the dental issue now.
I hope the days move quickly and wish you comfort as you wait.
@MEPil
 
Ugh. About the tooth. Well, it is indeed early enough to get it done and over with, so that is a positive thing!
I bought several of my recovery aides from Amazon and got the kit that I think you are referring to.

If you do order from Amazon and you don't mind, please consider going to Amazon Smile, there you are able to choose an organization for a donation, if you choose Bonesmart, a small percentage of your purchase price goes to them! The full name is :
The Foundation for the Advancement in Research in Medicine, Inc. (FARM).
I added this because when I first searched Amazon Smile I kept looking for FARM or Bonesmart and it needs the actual full name.

Good luck with your extraction on Friday, just another step closer, right?
 
Glad you have a date, I wish I could say the same, surgeon gave me the ok, now it is up to me to find the time when I can take off working for 6-8 weeks. Good luck!
 
Thank you all, so glad to have a date. The dental situation was an unexpected surprise. It's not bothering me at all but my dentist said he won't sign the release for surgery unless I go to the Oral Surgeon and get it pulled:boohoo:so Friday I go.
Boots, I hope you can get it done soon, I'm sure you must be miserable.
Thank you Layla, much appreciated.
CricketHip, yes when I order the items I will need, I will do the the FARM, thank you for telling me about this.:) :-) (:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom