Guest viewing is limited

Now it's the Hip

Welcome @MEPil ! Sounds like you are ready to "git 'er done"!
I had referred-to-knee pain on the left, which presented exactly as I-T band tightness. It hasn't gone away but I'm not bothered enough to do anything about it.

I'm glad you've heard from some whose knees went first. I'd think that according to popular wisdom, you should find the hip recovery easier, the ROM much improved immediately (but Do Not test it until OS says you may!!!) and if you select PT after 4-6 weeks that it won't (and indeed Shouldn't) be painful.

Happy Hip!
 
The referred pain is going into my knee and making it sore. I have used ice and have been using my heating pad. Not much at this point seems to help get rid of the pain, it's always there, at times worse than other times. Are you planning a replacement soon?

Yes, its scheduled for October 3...If my first ortho doc had been the OS, we probably would already have had the procedure done rather than the wasted time with the PT and injection..
 
That is what I'm feeling now, shots and therapy, time delays. I will say though that therapy has helped me regain some strength. I wish you the very best with your surgery and recovery. We can pray for better days ahead
 
Went to therapy this morning and talked to my PT, she agreed it's time to call my OS. Called his office when I got home to speak with his nurse, had to leave a message to her. I'm sure they are busy it being Monday so hopefully I will hear back tomorrow.
 
I need to ask about that, sounds like it might help. Thank you.
 
Heard back from my OS's nurse this afternoon. I have an appointment September 9th to see my OS and she is scheduling me for October. I have to therapy sessions left planning to go, they have helped me build some strength, if nothing else.
 
:hi:Oh so happy to hear there is a plan.
Work on that upper body strength...super helpful for getting about the first weeks. :)
I know it is happily scary, but there's alot of life we have to live, and it is Much nicer without the all encompassing hip pain.:ok:
 
That is good news!! Everything is easier, at least mentally, when you have a schedule of sorts. Something to set your sights on. Try to rest when you can. :flwrysmile:
 
I can imagine.. That's how I felt with my first hip. The most recent one was bad too, but not excruciating and darned if that wasn't the one where the surgeon called and moved my appt up to a week earlier! It was nice surprise, though. I hope you get a nice surprise like that also!
 
That would be great. I've been having a lot of discomfort going down the front of my leg to my newest knee. Is that common with this hip problems?
 
I had my knee replaced and it never was quite right.. The OS said.. well it won't be till your hip is replaced.. So true
 
Thank you, I do believe that. My knee bends and extends well but seems to be achy from hip down. So far not below the knee. Are you doing well with the knee and hip now?
 
Thank you. I have been alternating between Tylenol Arthritis and Naproxen, will check with the Dr and see what he says.
 
Hi! I have knee pain about 80% of the time...and there’s nothing wrong with my knee. Aaarrrggghhh! My PT says it’s an angry sartorius muscle working overtime to compensate for the wonky hip. I ice it, too, these days, along with my hip - icing has been working great for me in the last few weeks leading up to surgery. So glad to read you’re moving ahead with a plan for the long-term solution :)
 
Wishing you the best with your upcoming surgery. Seems like the hip pain just moves around the hip area, knee area, leg area with a mind of it's own. It gets so frustrating. The past couple days pain has been easier to deal with when I first get up and then when I start moving around, bang it hits me with wherever it decided to attack.
 
I have a question, my OS does both Anterior and Posterior surgeries, I won't know until I see him September 9 which he will recommend to me. I have read Anterior is less restrictions. Any advice on both processes?
 
Which does he prefer? My OS used to do posterior and in a story telling session he said he did many on patients who needed the other hip done later. But strangely no one came back for the other hip.
With the anterolateral approach he uses he has had 100 percent success in patients returning for their other hip. So his preferences have changed.

You might direct the conversation to ask that in your own way. But I don't believe there is a right way..I personally cannot imagine laying on 49 staples.... ( yes I do roll over onto it sometimes.. the staples are out now)
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom