Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR Nothing is Going to Stop Me Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your good wishes @ljrfrm! We are now heading into the mountains and about 100 miles from home. I've driven this far and my knees are OK. I did the freeway and Doug will take us from here today. We almost didn't make it though as we noticed leak in our propane tank. We live in a townhouse complex and were worried about the danger to everyone around the van. 3 1/2 hours and 12 firemen (including a Hazmat team) they had drained and burned off the propane and removed the tank from under the van. We are safe to travel and have packed a small butane stove for one pot cooking. We couldn't pack last night because of all excitement, so hit the road late today. I now know why they use photos of firemen for fundraising calendars ;-)

Thinking of you and let me know what your OS says Tuesday.
 
Wow @Threads, you sure know how to make an exit from the neighborhood, LOL :) Did you take any firemen photos for us??

I'll definitely let you know about my OS appointment on Tuesday. Safe travels!
 
Oh no!!!!! How scary!! I am glad you are in your way.... have a great time!
 
Hi @ljrfrm and @iivesfam5! We are currently about 1/2 way across our province (our provinces are BIG) and are camped for the night. I took a lot of photos of the adventure on Saturday night and will post one when we get home. Last night when we finally relaxed in a campsite, right by a beside a beautiful, fast flowing river. My knees and ankles were very swollen by the end of the day and we didn't pick up ice :-( Today, we did a lot more stopping and walking around, my legs will be happy to be elevated, but not as bad as yesterday. Hopefully, I'll have access to data or wi-fi to check in tomorrow night @ljrfrm.

I had to get Doug to drive back so I could take this photo of an old cemetery - maybe you have to be my age to see the humour in it :heehee:

[Bonesmart.org] Nothing is Going to Stop Me Now!
 
I want where I'm buried to have wifi! :)


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
LOVE the photo!! :)

I'm sorry your knee is swollen - I guess it isn't happy with all the driving! See.....I told you that you need a recliner in the back!! Enjoy your campsite tonight - I'm jealous that you're sleeping next to the river. Sounds perfect!

I had a good PT session today - can you believe despite my issues (which I have many, LOL), my ROM was 128 and 131. And that's just two weeks after surgery with knees that hurt.
 
You gave me a chuckle today. I am totally exhausted from my two days of dyeing. Today was the first time I was able to get online and check out what all the bonesmarties are up to. Glad to see you are finally on your way. You know how to have a good time! :rofsign:

My dyed warps are on the line trying to dry. It rained on them last night so I figured it would be okay. The sun was out for a while this morning but now it looks a little overcast. If they ever dry I will post some pictures. It was a great workshop, I dyed 5 warps, a hat and two pairs of bamboo socks. I walked and walked and one afternoon forgot my cane and I did okay but was a little tired. Ankle and hip complained but the knee held up great.

Sorry that you knee is swollen hope you are able to get enough ice.
 
@Threads I was hysterical seeing this and @PolarBear60 your response was spot on!!! I am glad you are having a good time and I hope you are feeling good!! Keep icing girlie!!! Send along more pics if you see anything that funny again!!! I want to see a pic of your rig!!!
 
@iivesfam5 - here's a photo of our "rig" and the view when I turn around! I should have taken a picture of the outhouse here - it has one of those hanging flower bags on the wall with fresh flowers in it! That was a first for me!

[Bonesmart.org] Nothing is Going to Stop Me Now!
[Bonesmart.org] Nothing is Going to Stop Me Now!
 
@Threads I love it - so cute!!! so no potty in there, huh? That is the reason we got ours - I was so tired of waking up in the middle of the night with no toilet...... We haven't gone yet this year - with the new grandson and now my knees - it is a rough one for this year..... I haven't given up hope yet though..... I tried to load a picture of ours but it wouldn't load - said it was too large for the server? Oh well it is the traditional truck camper on the back of our truck. I hope you are enjoying yourselves!!
 
Our "rig" is our only vehicle and has been for 20 years - city vehicle and travel, all rolled into one! Not having a washroom has never bothered me - good excuse for a walk. However, we didn't camp much in the last few years prior to surgery. That's why this trip is so special this year! I

took the photos with my iPad, sent them to myself as email attachments (which reduced their size), then re-saved the smaller size back onto my iPad and uploaded the smaller size.

I'm so glad I iced last night - it made a huge difference in my knees today. Unfortunately we didn't pass anywhere to get ice this evening, so no icing tonight.
 
@Threads that worked!! Here is our camper. We bought it last year - used.... It was in great shape. We did have a little problem over the winter - we had so much snow that the weight caused a leak in the roof. We believe we have it all fixed. Hoping to get in it at least one weekend before my knees but not sure if that will happen. But I figure once I am pretty healed - maybe September and October we can get out a few weekends - I can ice in there just as easily as I can ice at home!! I certainly understand the pleasure of being able to camp - to me it is the best way to have your own bed.... Enjoy every minute!! I hope your knees continue to be cooperative!!!

[Bonesmart.org] Nothing is Going to Stop Me Now!
 
Spiffy. I've never seen one of those with a bump out.


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
If someone had told me 7 months ago today, that I would be on a camping trip today - I wouldn't have believed them! My knees are behaving nicely but not happy sitting as long as they have been. We were out and about today and tomorrow will be going on a trail (or two) as we are staying put for a few nights. Now, to the job at hand - ice my knees when it's 10°C :ice:
 
Oh I can't wait to camp...... I am hoping for a little weekend to get away from it all maybe this fall ......
 
Love the set up. We have not camped since the 80's. We had one of those pop up campers. We started staying at state parks with lodges a couple of years ago and this year when we get to glacier we will be staying in a cabin, a first for us. I am so ready to get on with my life. Glad to see that your knees are holding up okay.
 
We're home! We had a wonderful holiday - a total away from it all change of scene. One night, we were the only ones in the campsite and had the silence and clear star studded sky to ourselves. In spite of not having a chance to ice very much, my knees behaved themselves really well. I didn't challenge them and me to climbing a mountain, or even a steep hill but they carried me on beautiful trails, helped me scramble over rocks and do the things I love to do. I'm going to be nice to them for a few days because driving approximately 3,000 miles means a lot of sitting, but I now know that they are ready, willing and able to take me anywhere I want to go. The shortfall is me - I need to build up my stamina, and now I can.

One of our last stops - I wish I were there now. We came home to a very hot west coast!

[Bonesmart.org] Nothing is Going to Stop Me Now!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom