Bilateral TKR Nothing is Going to Stop Me Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think my RLS Has calmed down enough to get a wee bit more shut eye. I know I could stay up but I'm not a morning person and it's only 6:15 on a Saturday morning ;-)
 
Hi @Threads (Sandra),

How lovely you're making such a fabulous recovery. I'm over the moon for you. You so deserve this xxx

I'm ok and it's proven that my revised TKR is a success and taken all that weight and two giantish steps til I saved myself. I do hope you managed more sleep xxx

Love Ann xxx
 
Hi @Threads oh poor you, restless legs sound nasty and poor Doug, hardly fair he should feel ill when he's been so busy looking after you for the last few months. Hope he's better soon and you have a much better night tonight.
I've had a good day - walked 2.2 miles without a sit down this morning including a 150 ft gradual climb and then after a short rest we went to the cinema this afternoon. Knee held up well and hardly ached at all. Mr P is getting dinner ready so I am elevating.
 
Hi @Nana moon 27 and thanks for the positive support. I think everybody deserves a recovery like mine and I wish I could wave a magic wand and make it happen. I've been very fortunate.

I'm so glad to hear that you are finally on the road to success, Ann. You have been and continue to be a ray of sunshine to a lot of BoneSmarties!
 
@SuperSnapper - we're fine. The first day of a cold is always the worst, and he's a bit more like himself today. Luckily the torrential rain we've had over the last 1 1/2 days seems to be easing and is forecasted to stop soon. It makes me a bit frustrated that I still can't get into the van and drive. Doug will go out and get me some ibuprofen so I'm not in the same situation tonight. I wish he didn't have to :sad:

You are just racing along aren't you!!! Marmalade yesterday and a full day today including a 2.2 mile walk (without a sit down) :wowspring:

Glad you are having dinner cooked for you and you are resting - don't overdo it! :bignono:

Enjoy a quiet evening.
 
@ljrfrm thank you for getting back to me re the melatonin strength:happydance:

@Threads sorry to hear that you are having trouble sleeping. It is so frustrating. I agree if your legs wake you then sorting that out most likely is your answer for a better sleep. Speaking of which it is late here so I think I'll call it a night. Take care, Maggie x
 
@SuperSnapper - ha! Beat you to it, found them last night while you were counting sheep. Trouble was I didn't find one bike in the Album, so I have to take your word for the fact that you cycled the 170 miles :heehee:
 
:rofsign:Well, I did fall off a couple of times - once on the first day! But no I dont think i took any of us actually cycling!
 
@SuperSnapper - your photos are amazing. You are quite the accomplished photographer and I love your eye for composition. You'll notice that you have another fan - I told his "drippy" nibs about your photos.
 
@Maggie94 - thanks for the encouragement. Unfortunately, RLS is what seems to be the problem more than my new knees, so there is nothing I can do about that, rather than the homeopathic remedy that works for me. I had to take it during the night last night, but it didn't keep me awake for long.

Counting down! You'll be on the other side before you know it. Maybe you can start your recovery thread the day before - easy for you to find and let us know how you are doing, when you come to. You'll do great!!!
 
understand - I have occasionally had RLS its a real drag...

Yes count down is well and truly on - thanks for your wishes. Hoping the Sandman is kind to you and you get lots of ZZZZZs - take care Maggie x
 
@Threads Thanks so much. Means a lot from a fellow photographer.

I "friended" Doug too on Flickr . Took me a second to realise it must be your Doug. I think we are all similar photographers in that we are attracted to landscape and things around us. Flickr is a great source of inspiration.

It's a lovely sunny day here with no ice! So I might just venture out with the camera... It's nice to be able to even think of doing that again :yahoo:

How was the sleep and the RLS? Better I hope. Have a lovely day xx
 
Been reading through your recovery thread, you are progressing nicely. So sorry about the RLS, my husbands family members seem to be bothered by it, so far he has lucked out, but his other siblings suffer to no end. Hope your husband is doing better with his cold, mine had a nasty one two weeks ago, he is doing better, but it is tough on them, when they are trying so hard to take care of us.

Oh, in case you all were wondering where that jar of marmalade went to, I think it made a stop in Windsor and is headed my way. (wishful thinking)
 
It's a beautiful day here as well! The rain has passed, for now. I haven't been out with my camera but just took a couple of snaps - that's all they could be through our double glazed window with all sorts of warning decals to try to prevent birds from flying into it. I glanced out to our feeders from my corner of the chesterfield and spotted a Northern Flicker at the seed feeder and nibbling away at the suet on the other side of the pole, was a beautiful Paliated Woodpecker. The Flickers are regulars and the Piliated occasional visitors - but I've never seen them side by side. They gave me time to get my camera out, just to record the visit. Made my day! I love the variety of birds we see in our own tiny, city back patio.

Thanks for asking - RLS was fine last night. Also, I had a good workout in the pool this morning. My sweetie got up early this morning, dropped me off at the pool at 7:45 and then picked me up at 9:00. The good thing was he didn't have to get out of the warm van.
 
@fiberlady - Cindy, sorry to disappoint but I really do believe that Santa saw Mary's marmalade coming and he thought it was for him. The quickest route from Vancouver to the UK goes right over the Artic, so that's all I can think of. I can't complain though - he's been working hard and needs to build energy for next year. Since it came from Mary - she can put in a good word for another lens next Christmas. :heehee:
 
@Threads I'm you never got the marmalade but I did warn you about the cold :heehee:

Hope Doug is getting over his bout of cold and is feeling better.

I never did get out with the camera - we are forecast for snow tomorrow so might be some pretty snowy pictures to come. I bought some Yaktracks - chains to go on my shoes - so I can get out when it's ice! They look silly but needs must. :snow dig: Been out for coffee with a friend today, my first solo outing and it felt good to be independent. Mr P has gone out walking for the day so the day is my own.

Finally made it to the pool and gym yesterday and it felt fine so I am making progress.

@fiberlady, hi Cindy, sorry about the marmalade. I think the cold air over the pole did for the glass. :rotfl::rotfl:

Have a wonderful day, ladies

Mary x
 
I have been dreaming about Marmalade ever since you gals started talking about it. So instead hubby and I did the next best thing and decided to make a loaf of bread, we use the no knead method so it is really easy and I showed him what to do and he did most of the work, now if I just had some of that marmalade to spread on that warm bread I might even forget that this knee is screaming at me today.

@Threads I am trying to muster up some energy today to thread the table loom, it is only 5 inches wide and 120 threads, I have figured out a way to sit with the leg up and do this, good thing no one is around to see how silly I look. I have a friend coming over tomorrow and I think we will explore that excel spreadsheet you sent me. We are working on our warps for the Rosalie Nielson towel workshop.

Hubby really thinks the marmalade landed in Windsor and caused such a ruckus that they had to close down the tunnel to Detroit the other day. He said it was a sticky situation. :rotfl:
 
@Threads. Glad you are on the mend. I have a friend with RLS and that is quite difficult to live with. Hope you find some relief. Thanks for the encouragement for my MUA. I am glad I made that choice and look forward to continued improvement. It's cold here in Utah! I loved hearing about your flicker as I had a pair visiting the suet and seed "wreath" just outside our bedroom window. I wake each morning anxious to see who comes to the bird buffet and this morning we had a lovely assortment of goldfinches as well as the flickers. I am also craving marmalade from reading the posts. I haven't made any for years but may have to dig out the recipe and get to it. If I do, I'll be sure to send a pkg addressed to "bone smarties" and see where it lands .



BTKR 29 Sept 2014
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom