BoneSmart® Hip / Knee Replacement Forum
Joint Replacement Patient Advocacy
and Online Community

[THR] Not sure if this is normal fatigue

Discussion in 'Hip Replacement Recovery Area' started by KathyD, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Layla

Layla FORUM ADVISOR Forum Advisor

United States United States
    Hi @KathyD
    I haven't named mine, but you're not the first I've read that has named their prosthetic.
    Interesting choices you made. I hope Helen and Troy bring you many years of happiness without
    ever misbehaving. I see Helen just had her second birthday...so a Belated Happy Birthday to her.
    Hope your week is sunny and bright! :SUNsmile:

2. KathyD

KathyD junior member

Well I survived the Bomb Cyclone here in Colorado. Yesterday I drove my 70 minute commute down to town only to have my office close at 11 am. So I headed home in the worst of it. It took me 3 hours to get home. Fortunately, I have a big 4 wheel drive SUV and have been driving in snowstorms for many years but boy, is it tiring. I am still tired today. But no hip pain from the drive, although I think the big drop in pressure may have made me a little sore.

3. Debru4

Debru4 senior

Oh, Kathy---that is terrible that you were out in the "cyclone", battling the weather only to have to turn around and go home again. I know you are an experienced commuter, but it must have been hard dealing with the wind and roads. Even when I sit in my recliner too long, my back hurts---can't imagine wrestling that SUV up and down the mountain! :groan:No wonder you are tired. I think I would have gotten home and climbed into a hot bubble bath with a glass or two of wine to recover.:heehee:

I was reading that the drop of around 30 millibars in barometric pressure over 24 hours was a record---similar to a category 2 hurricane. Crazy. Here in Loveland we didn't get slammed like a bit further north, or further south. And now today, it's a whole different world---Colorado weather. I also was a bit achy, but nothing like I expected. I am finding that the further out I go, the less I seem to be having the pain that I did the first couple of drops back at 2-3 months out of surgery.

Hope you get rested up this weekend!

4. KathyD

KathyD junior member

The weather has been beautiful lately - spring weather is very changeable in Colorado. Yesterday I walked both dogs to the dog park, about 1/2 mile away, stayed there for about 10 minutes and then walked home. I managed to not get the leashes tangled and the roads were muddy, not icy, so I did pretty good. A little bit sore today, only with movement, so I am encouraged. I am considering a 5k walk for charity the middle of May.

5. tollertwins

tollertwins member

That kind of pressure drop can definitely make you sore. I was actually just reading about that. They said it’s because of bone remodeling being sensitive to the change, like a fracture is. Supposed to go away in the first couple of years.

6. KathyD

KathyD junior member

Thanks, Tollertwins, that is good news. I see that you just had your second hip replacement. I hope you are past that first week from "heck".