TKR No Kneecap and a TKR Experience

I miss you & all our Spring/Summer 2016 TKR group who have left:bawl: Praying all is going great for you!
 
Thank you and I pray that you are doing well, also! I miss most of you all on here, too!
 
How's your knee treating you now that Fall is here & all your yard work you do? Any more bike riding or traveling adventures? How's you ROM? I'm waiting on my bend to improve~~no longer going to PT, so not sure the number I'm at, but I know I'm not where I should be ??? I do hope it improves! Enjoy your day! :)
 
Hi Julie. I'm still having good days and bad days. My OS said it'd be 6 months before I saw a lot of improvement in the pain, but if I don't do much, the knee behaves very well. My yard work is only about half done. Friday I was able to prune down 4 crepe myrtles with a battery chain saw. It was the first big pruning for them and the limbs were really heavy. Dragging them to the woods have left me quite sore now. The cold and windy day today didn't help. I did make it to church and shopping this afternoon, so I'm not incapacitated! Tomorrow I have to take a kitty for his yearly checkup and shots. After that, I'm planning on doing nothing but rest! My ROM is around 130/0.

My left knee is a -10 extension and I'm hoping to get this one to that so they'll match. After my knee calms down I will go back out and dig more irises. Sometime in there I have to mulch up leaves with the mower. You can't even see the yard or driveway for the leaves! There is always something to do around here! I bet your ROM is just fine. If you are able to do the things you need to do with your knee, you're in good shape! That's what counts. Not the numbers. You probably remember that I never did any PT, just used my knee and lived my daily life! I am one of those that don't believe in doing PT. Of course, everyone is different and has different needs!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody else having increased pain and tightness since the colder weather has come in? My knee is much more uncomfortable than normal and I haven't done anything out of the ordinary recently except for Friday and that should be over with. The wind also has been extra strong and low humidity. It seems that all this change is affecting my knees. Anyone else experiencing this change in this way?
 
Some people do experience changes in their knees because of the weather.
My mother, who had her second TKR at 83 years old, used to wear a pair of knee warmers during the winter.
 
That's a lot of yard work! I does feel good to be outdoors, especially in the Fall~so beautiful! We trimmed a tree in our front yard a couple of weeks ago & I helped drag out the branches~the knee didn't appreciate it much, but didnt take too long recover from it~progress! I'm so glad you knee is doing so well. With all your tree trimming & dragging away, you were still able to go to church & shopping, so you recovered quickly :yes!:
I also feel the change in the weather now that it's getting cold, the knee feels more achy. That's a great idea about the leg warmers!
Hope your weather stays nice enough for you to finish all you need to do outside.:SUNsmile:
 
My knee was down for a few days, but when I woke up this morning it felt so much better! I don't know if it's because I'm used to the cold or just my resting has helped. But, when I got up this morning, the temperature was 19.9*! That is cold for mid November in Virginia. It has raised up up to almost 55* now, so I have the opportunity to go outside and enjoy this beautiful sunshine and get some work done! Tomorrow is supposed to be even better. I will pace myself so I'll be OK for Thanksgiving. We are going over to friends' for dinner and I don't want to be limping! It feels so good to feel good!

It sounds like you do a lot of yard work, too. Pulling and dragging limbs in hard and heavy work. Our knees let us know they aren't happy, but the set back doesn't last near as long as it used to. My heavy work is done, now it's just time-consuming outside stuff.

I hope your day is a blessed one and your knee behaves.
 
Hello fellow tkrs. My Brat will be 6 months old Friday. I can say today that I am glad I had this done! Some days I'm still more uncomfortable than others, but Lefty is showing herself just as much as My Brat is. My OS gave me the option of getting a shot, so I'll try that if she keeps on. Today I'm going to tackle scrubbing and waxing the kitchen floor. I haven't done this since my surgery. Wish me luck. I'll let you all know how I do tonight and tomorrow in an update. This won't be just a little wipe up, these will be the real thing.
 
I wet swifter a few times a week because I don't think I'll ever get down on my knees to scrub again!
 
I have hardwood floors in my hall and kitchen. I had used Mop and Glow and other clean and wax at the same time bottles. This caused a buildup of wax and dulled my floors. I needed to get this up and googled how to do it. After two washings with white vinegar and water, it's better, but not there yet. Having to get on the floor and washing and then wiping dry wore me out after two times, so it will be continued tomorrow or Friday. I also have Swiffer, but I knew I needed to get up that buildup. So far, I feel fine, even after running the lawn mower chewing up leaves! I'll report tomorrow.
 
Kneeling? I am trying kneeling on stairs but it still hurts a little.. Not from the flexion but the outside of the knee twinges

Try Bona.. its a wood specific cleaner available in Home Depot and in my supermarket.Look for it in your market
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely NO kneeling. With no kneecaps I've been unable to get on my knees since they were taken out. My knee are very sensitive without those caps, so kneeling is a definite no. Praise God I'm limber and was able to bend from the waste and also sit on the floor when my back got tired of bending. Getting up and down off the floor is rough, and the bending over does get to my back pretty badly. But, with breaks, I got today's work done. My floor already looks a whole lot better. I hate a dirty kitchen, including the floor! I'm icing, just in case My Brat wants to flare up.
 
I'm quite limber too. When I used my cane and cropped it everyone's thought I couldn't pick it up, but bending at the waist has never been a problem. Glad you got the floor clean and shiny.
 
Good day to all. I sleep well after my physical cleaning yesterday. I woke up with the new knee feeling really good, so I went shopping. But, the more I walked the tighter and painful my knees got. Now, I'm home setting up the ice machine and will rest for a while. All the chewing up of leaves I did yesterday was a waste of time. It's very windy today and the yard and driveway look twice as bad as yesterday! Bummer! But, what I did yesterday has already been mulched up, so those won't have to be done again. The mulching of the leaves will be done tomorrow. The rest of the day is a now a resting day!

Overall, I am very pleased on how My Brat has reacted to yesterday's new activity! Everyday I see improvement now in her temper tantrums! Every one of you out there have a blessed and very low-pain day!
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom