TKR No Kneecap and a TKR Experience

Paula, I, too, have had cataract surgery in both eyes. A piece of cake and the world will take on new colors as never before! I am still amazed and it's been about 4years. The drops are a nuisance but a day at the beach compared to knee treatment.
Good wishes.
 
Brief derailment of Paula's thread, @Floridagal, I too have an uninvolved area that's improved since tkr. My wrist and fingers have been stiff and uncomfortable ever since breaking that wrist two years ago. Now, they feel fine. Must be the strong pain meds, time will tell if this lasts.
 
@Floridagal, maybe it got jealous like my left knee did! I have arthritis is the first joints of both index fingers. They look like witches' fingers! So far, besides looking bad, they haven't caused too much pain. I hope your thumb settles down. You need that!
 
@greatlakes, no problem. We all are family and can relate to each other. I bet since we have been less active that the other parts that have arthritis aren't as stressed as when we're using them all the time. Just a thought. @mamazipp, thank you for the encouragement. My right eye isn't that bad yet, but the left one is fuzzy, so I know it's time. I'm so thankful it wasn't something serious!
 
Be thinking of you Tuesday, Paula, hope everything will go smoothly with the eye op. Before my dad had his done he kept saying the whole house needed decorating, it was looking drab, but after the op, hey presto! he could see so much better it looked like the house had a facelift. My stepmum was so relieved. Only problem is, he can see the dust now,and she hates dusting!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@dianehelen
I had both of my TKR's with spinal block and sedation. The sedation is kept at a level that gives you a similar experience as general anaesthetic without the hangover effect. That means a quicker ability to start PT within a few hours following surgery.
I could have remained awake during surgery, but opted out of that one at the last minute. Much nicer to have a sleep while the surgeons worked their magic
 
I'm sure you will do fine. My dad had it done when he was 90 and he sailed right through. Good luck with your surgery.
 
@dianehelen Sorry if my message was misconstrued or untimely. I saw a thread from somewhere and you had mentioned the spinal block/sedative for TKR surgery.
 
Good news first: I'm going up and down the steps most of the time like a normal person! But, I am holding on to the rails! My last flowerbed is completed. Now, I have 5 beds of irises to dig and separate. But, that will be in the later fall. I just have to maintain the flowerbeds now and spray vinegar on the walkways and patio. That's doable!
The Brat is doing well. I didn't set up the ice machine last night. I was too tired. But, The Brat didn't bother me much at all. Only pain when I first start to walk and that walks right out!

Bad news: I'm pretty sure I have a kidney infection. It started with painful urinating, so I went on cranberry pills. That helped until in the middle of the night. Another very painful pee. So I took some more. This morning there's no pain except for little jabs in my left kidney. When I went this morning, I noticed my urine is cloudy. It's usually clear. I've never had a kidney infection before, but from the symptoms, it sounds like one. It's always something! I hope this won't affect my knee.
 
Give The Brat a pat on the head for being so good!
Sorry to hear you might have a kidney infection, they are horrible and might need to be checked out by the doc. Should clear up quickly with treatment though. Keep drinking lots (water, that is) and rest.
Sending love,
Tabby xxx
 
Thanks Tabby. I have been drinking water and have upped it this morning. I can't imagine what brought this on.
 
Probably bladder, not kidney. Unless you have a history. If your symptoms continue you'll need to see your Gp and get it treated. Cloudy urine should be tested. Who knows what brings these things on? Just don't ignore it.

Your gardening is impressive and CONGRATS about the stairs! Isn't that nice? A big step, so to speak.
 
I agree with mama zip a quick visit to your GP/PCP is called for. A quick test of your urine can identify a urinary tract infection. You can then be given antibiotics for it.
 
It seems to have cleared up on it's on. Now, I just have a sinus headache. With Marilyn off for the last 4 days, I didn't get a day off. I think it's been too much for me. If I wake up with it tomorrow I'll run a sample down to my PCP. Thank you all for your suggestion.
 
A word of advice. Don't get a sample yourself. The doctor will want a clean catch in a sterile container. Best to do it in his office. At least that has been my experience.
 
I have an appointment at 8am tomorrow morning. I'm glad cause the pressure has come back and I'm pretty uncomfortable. I asked if they wanted me to bring in one and they said no to save some urine for there! The knee has been doing good. I guess all the attention has been going to my bladder area! I've only had to ice a couple of times. Wish I could ice my urethra track! I'll let you guys know what I find out tomorrow.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good wishes, last thing you or any of us need is another complication. Happy, happy regarding the stairs!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom