TKR No Kneecap and a TKR Experience

Oh boy...I'm sorry you have to deal with this now...you and I know how to have fun, we fix the knee and start breaking other body parts.

I hope you feel better soon :flwrysmile:
 
@wva55, isn't it aggravating? I guess all these aches and pains are coming up to keep us from getting bored! I wouldn't mind being a little bored once in a while! @KarriB, hey, I would if I could figure out a way to do it! Talking about getting cold, woo wee!
 
Oh you are a sadist! I can't get out of the tub yet. I'd become a frozen pop-cycle. :dubious: Hey, maybe that's not so bad. No pain anywhere! It sounds like heaven:praying:! Let me get that ice maker going in high speed!
 
When I was into running I'd do ice baths. They were not fun. You get in the cold water and then throw a couple of trays of ice cubes in. I think it was all psychological. Good luck at your appointment. You soon will be well.
 
Get better soon! They can clear it up pretty fast. I got one a few days before my knee surgery and thought it would cancel surgery, but they got it cleared up quickly.
 
Well, I had my appointment this morning and I definitely have a uti. It's no fun. If the knee doesn't wake me up, the pain from the uti does. I slept only about 3 hours last night. It's miserable to feel like you have to pee all the time. Anyway, he gave me 3 prescriptions: an anti-biotic, a pain pill for a uti, and some sleeping pills. I'm hoping I can take a really good nap before church tonight and that the pain goes away. My Brat did pretty good. I couldn't eat before my appointment this morning, so I had no Tylenol or ice until I got back home around lunchtime. The only consistent pain in it is the lower right side of the knee. The skin is still numb, but inside is paining. Icing has already started to help it!
 
Paula, sorry you have a UTI but you did the right thing in going to the doc, and getting the treatment you need. Hope the antibiotic kicks in soon and you feel better before too long.
Tabby xxx
 
I glad you went and got the diagnosis and treatment. It should clear up quickly and hopefully the pain will go away fast. And, you got a sleeping pill! It's all good.
 
Paula, I'm catching up on your thread and hoping you're feeling better from the uti. There's always something . . .

Feel better fast!
 
Thank you, ladies. It was a rough night and day, but at least I am started on the meds. Now, if only I could get some energy back, too. I don't feel like doing anything at all but sit. I was blessed with a couple hours of sleep this afternoon, but it hasn't helped much. I have done nothing productive today but get my meds and picked up a few groceries while waiting for them to be filled. I didn't even make it to church. I just felt too bad. I think God understands. I have to google and find out if I can take Tramadol with my new meds.
 
I think I may have caught your UTI. I've had to run back and forth to the ladies room all day. I don't have any pain but if it continues I guess it time for a quick check up. I usually use WebMD to check on medications. You can easily see what interactions there can be to any drug. I hope that helps.
 
I did look it up and I can't take my Tramadol. I'm unable to get my leg to relax. It almost feels like bugs crawling on it, and I have to keep moving it. No way can I sleep with this going on. I'm also running to the bathroom about every 30 minutes or so. Maybe some of the new meds are causing these reactions. I'm afraid to take my new sleeping pill with them. I am so tired of not being able to sleep.
I sure hope you don't have it, Mariam. It's no fun.
 
Good afternoon, everyone. My pain from the uti is much improved! I'm still extremely tired, too tired to do anything hardly. And now the anti-biotic has given me diarrhea. Don't need the Miralax now!

Of course, I had little sleep last night. I did end up taking 2 Tramadols and Tylenols about 1am. That calmed my right leg down and I was able to sleep some. I got probably 6 hours, up and down sleep which helps, but not enough for me. So, it's naps again today. I'll be glad to get myself on a normal sleep schedule again.

The knee is the same. I'm having the same pains under the numb skin area on the right bottom of it. Not bad, just lets me know it's there. As usual, ice helps!
 
I'm glad the pain of the UTI has diminished. Fortunately I have had no symptoms today so who knows what was going on with me yesterday. What med says it can't be taken with tramadol?
 
Ciprofloxacn. It has some bad side effects. I hope I'll do ok with it. I'm sure exhausted and both sides of my ribs hurt. Maybe from sitting so much. They didn't before when I was laid up, though. I'm so glad your symptoms are gone. Maybe you had some sympathy pains for me!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom